Luke Skywalker and the Shadows Of Mindor Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm really excited about this book. I like it when authors go back and do single-book stories in earlier eras, e.g. Tim Zahn's Allegiance. The print that they are using for the cover was my absulute favorite peice of art being sold at Celebration 4 but unfortunatly I never got my hands on one.
________
Yamaha rhino specifications

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow...page 2! I wasn't even sure we had a thread for this, but here it is. I am now going to attempt to revive it:

Okay, I am officially excited about this book. To go back to the early days before things became downright complicated...gotta love it. A young Luke who's still trying to figure things out, not to mention a young Republic. Han and Leia aren't married yet...agh! I can't wait. Very Happy

Here's a summary I never bothered to read until now, and it has me all excited:

Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader are dead. The Empire has been toppled by the triumphant Rebel Alliance, and the New Republic is ascendant. But the struggle against the dark side and the Sith order is not over. Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, and their faithful comrades have had little time to savor victory before being called on to defend the newly liberated galaxy.

Powerful remnants of the vanquished Empire, hungry for retaliation, are still at large, committing acts of piracy, terrorism, and wholesale slaughter against the worlds of the fledgling Republic. The most deadly of these, a ruthless legion of black-armored stormtroopers, do the brutal bidding of the newly risen warlord Shadowspawn. Striking from a strategically advantageous base at the planet Mindor, they are waging campaigns of plunder and destruction, demolishing order and security across the galaxy—and breeding fears of an Imperial resurgence. And another reign of darkness beneath the boot-heel of Sith despotism is something General Luke Skywalker cannot and will not risk.

Mobilizing the ace fighters of Rogue Squadron—along with the trusty Chewbacca, Threepio, and Artoo-Detoo—Luke, Han, and Leia set out to take the battle to the enemy at the site of its stronghold, and neutralize the threat before it's too late. But their imminent onslaught against Mindor will be playing directly into the hands of their cunning new adversary. Lord Shadowspawn is no freshly anointed Sith Chieftain, but in fact a vicious former Imperial Intelligence officer—and Prophet of the Dark Side. The Emperor's death has paved the way for Shadowspawn's return from exile in the Outer Rim; and mastery of ancient Sith knowledge and modern technology has given him the capability to mount the ultimate power play for galaxy-wide dominion. Dark prophecy has foretold that only one obstacle stands in his way, and he is ready—even eager—for the confrontation.

What is it...only a few weeks now? I love Matthew Stover, and I'm really hoping this one's going to be awesome. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The words, written by and Matthew Stover are all I need to see to get me excited about any novel.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bill Thompson wrote:
Quote:
The words, written by and Matthew Stover are all I need to see to get me excited about any novel.

Exactly. He's done some of my favorite work int he EU (my favorite book is in fact Traitor) and I can't wait for this one!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, nice summary. Del Rey should have been here a lot sooner...
Hopefully Shadowspawn will be a neat villian. To my knowledge he's only been mentioned in other books, correct?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think he was mentioned in that History of the Force thing Reep. I may be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing his name there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, I've never heard of him before. But just that name, Shadowspawn, has me very interested. He's got the greatest name, and what with the black-armored stormtroopers...the whole plot terribly intrigues me. I'm so looking forward to this one! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

He's never been mentioned in a novel, as I recall, but he was mentioned in Guides to Chronology as well as The Force.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yeah; I didn't remember him being in any of the novels either, so I had to google him. Turns out he was introduced a long time ago. He's kind of like Lumiya from the Legacy Of The Force series- he was introduced in comics (actually, a newspaper comic strip storyline called Gambler's World). Check it out- History Of Shadowspawn, AKA Cronal, AKA Black Hole

After reading this guys backstory, I'm pretty pumped up about this novel as well. Looks like the book is going to kick some butt! Cool

twitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote  

I should've put this book on my Christmas list...hmm...well, at least this way I'll something to spend those stocking stuffer gift cards on. December 30 is coming up fast.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But you couldn't quite put it on your Christmas list, cause it comes out after Christmas. This was the dilemma I had. So I just asked for a Books-A-Million gift card. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I think he was mentioned in that History of the Force thing Reep. I may be mistaken, but I think I remember seeing his name there.

He was, yes. He's never actually appeared in a novel though. Which is interesting, because he was mentioned in the chronology. I thought (disregarding Lumiya) the comics were non-canon.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote  

The Dark Horse comics (except for the infinities and some of Tales) is all canon. The Marvel comics are iffy. The stories aren't so much canon as are the details, which are often used for canon.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, Dark Horse has always been the main canon in the comic universe. Its meant to intertwine with the novels. The Legacy of the Force novels make numerous references to the One Sith, which are the main villians in the Legacy comics. Likewise, the Legacy comics have a few throwbacks to the LotF novels by mentioning Caedus (though they mispell his name...).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing That they do.
So is Shadowspawn a Sith or what?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 7