Republic Commando: Order 66 Discussion: SPOILERS Allowed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote  

Resist! Resist!

Do not risk spoiling such a great book! Though I warn you, when you read such a book, getting so wrapped up with all the characters, you'll feel miserable afterwards. It's a matter of a good think coming to an end and now you have nothing to do. I think my addiction is getting the better of me. I'm tripping for my next fix of Mando goodness Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, darn. I can't even read fast enough for my own good! But I got another 10 pages down. Back to the book! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote  

Points of interest that affect the EU in its wider spectrum...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, I just have to put it out there, this book was magnificent. Even though I knew it was coming, reading the words "execute order 66" just blind-sided me. I had to stop for a minute, take a deep breath, and ask myself; will this change the way I see characters that I have come to respect and maybe even admire a little bit? Then I said, "stop stalling, and flip the page you barve!" It was a roller-coaster ride and the twists and turns of the story were excellent. A fitting conclusion, I'd say. Ms Traviss, you have done it again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote  

Spoiler laden reply for Aush, note this spoiler reveals the ending...

Now then, for the Jedi Omnibuses and Jedi attachment, you are indeed right about that Aush. I guess I had that in the back of my mind, but for some the reference in this book made it seem different. Guess it wasn't anything new after all.

And jedipoodoo, I can't help but think how odd it is that Kal did what he did and I still feel no differently toward him. He's still a bad*ss Mando Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*sob* Halfway! And it's killing me! Sad

Edit: Ah, Callista has resurfaced! I had hoped never to see her again, but in this context (the past), I'm enjoying reading about her. When the book mentioned 'the sea creatures on the lightsaber', I immediately knew that I knew this Jedi. Though I couldn't exactly place it until the next line where her name was revealed. Speaking of which, so her last name is now Masana? It used to be classified as Ming, which I will assume came from Cray Mingla. But that's just my guess. I like Masana better, anyway.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote  

So it was the same Callista, it had me wondering. The different last names was throwing me off but I didn't completely put it out of the question since she was in a relationship, maybe she got married and her last name changed.

And the fact that she has been mentioned again leads me to wonder if she is about to make a return. Maybe old Luke won't be a widower for the rest of life after all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No! I don't know if I necessarily mind Luke getting married again (but I probably do), but I draw the line at Callista! I don't know, but I just have this thing against her. Hmm...maybe it has something to do with the fact that she dumped Luke just because she didn't have the Force anymore (selfish little chakaar), or just the fact that she's a character from Hambly's book. *shrugs* But no!

(and yes, I'm still reading Order 66, therefore I'm still very much in Mandalorian mode...hence the earlier word. Very Happy)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, noticed somewhat of a blooper/mistake in the book. In the Dramatis Personae, Jilka Zan Zentis is listed as: Male Human. Confused

I do believe she's a female. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote  

Better yet, Boba runs into Callista and they have a kid. Now the galaxy meets its first Force sensitive Fett. There's Fate of the Jedi for you. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agh! *covers ears* I don't want to hear anymore! Stop it! Stop it! *breaks down into fit of sobbing*

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote  

Whose Jilka Zan Zentis? I don't remember her...

Hmm...maybe I should make some new banners like we had for LOTF, the Galactic Civil War ones, only this time Republic Commando themed. "I'm with the Mandos," "I'm with the Republic," "I'm with the Jedi," "I'm with the Seps."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, those would be great! Ah, and you forget like I do. Jilka was the tax lady that was implicated because Besany and Jaing were stealing information from the Republic Treasury. Remember Kal wanted to kill her, but then because of Besany's and Ordo's feelings, they rescued her instead?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote  

Ah yes! Now I remember. I wonder who she'll end up hooking up with. Being on a planet full of Mandos, she sure to end up with one of Kal's boys. I'm thinking even Kal might get the hook up with that one pilot lady.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 6