A Movie Scavenger Hunt - Are You In?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Movie Scavenger Hunt - Are You In?
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey everyone!

So for 2012, I was thinking of organizing a movie scavenger hunt for the forum. It's a year long thing, so plenty of people will have plenty of time to participate throughout the course of the year.

It's a lot of fun, and there isn't a prize for the winner (mostly because it'd probably be impossible to win). What would happen is that, in the months leading up to 2012, I would post the rules and then about 500 different "topics." These topics would include things like directors, actors and themes. Then once 2012 starts, every time you watch a movie, decide if you want that to count for any of the topics that it fits under, and list it! It's that simple. I did this a few years back on a film forum that has since closed, but it was a whole mess of fun. If you really get into it, it'll push you to check out movies you might have otherwise skipped out on.

So, just an idea. Thought I'd shoot this out now and see if there's any interest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm for it Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm in!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why not? I'm in.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like fun! I'll play. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Why not? Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Well, I don't altogether watch a lot of films, but this sounds quite interesting, so I'm in.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, remember this??

Well, I do! Haven't forgotten it at all. I have slightly changed the scavenger hunt to only be themes, forgoing actors and directors (for this year at least). What I'll do now is post the rules. Shortly before 2012 starts, I'll post the "Movie Scavenger Hunt 2012" thread where people can post and reserve their spots. You'll only need to post there once, and you can edit your original post to keep track of your movies. We'll just go ahead and use THIS thread for the actual discussion of the game, both before it starts and while it's ongoing!

Ok, so onto the rules. They're really simple. And I'll include them in the Scavenger Hunt thread too.

THE RULES
1. After you watch a movie (the whole movie!), place it in one slot. Where you place it is up to you and films can be shuffled around later if you need/want to.
2. This is for feature lenth films, no shorts, although documentaries count. A good rule of thumb for runtime is 50 minutes.
3. You can only use a movie once. You cannot use one movie to fill multiple slots, even if you watch it more than once.
4. Please - DO NOT post the entire list and fill it in as you go. This will make the thread HUGE and difficult for me to manage and track. Your list should look somewhat like this:

(Please note, the following is an example, and will not carry over into the final list)

015. Burton, Tim - Batman
261. Murray, Bill - Caddyshack
384. Zombies - Night of the Living Dead

Total Watched: 3

Feel free to customize it with dates or whatever else, but please keep a count at the bottom of your list so I can update the leaderboard easily.
5. Have fun and don't sweat completing the list. Just set a goal and see if you can complete it. There is no prize, I am not the lord of the Movie Scavenger Hunt, this is all for fun. If you can justify where you put a movie, put it there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I remember it. I'm still in - though I'm a little hazy on the rules. How do you determine how you put it in a slot? Do you give it a rating?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Are we given topics which we have to find? Like we'd be told "watch a movie directed by Tim Burton" or "watch a movie with Daniel Craig as supporting actor"? Then fill it in when we watch one that fits the criteria?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am down as well. But ya a little hazy on the rules - does where you place a movie on your list matter? is there a max #??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:22 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm in,this sounds like it will b good

161- featuring king arthur- shrek the third
162- mind control- dinner for shmucks
222- comedy- friends wiv benefits
275- witches- shrek forever after

Last edited by Darth-Weeto on Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm interested but also a little confused on the rules of how we know what to put in which slot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think it should be like Where's Wally or one of those kiddie puzzle books. Zero gives us a bunch of movie criterias we have to find (horror, sci-fi, romcom etc.), or we have to find things in movies ("famous actor cameos" etc), then tick them of with the name of the movie in our list/table/whatever. Whoever finishes their list first wins.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Movie Bingo. Sounds like fun, I'll play. Smile
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 10