Power of the Force Girls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote  

We're going to need another level of canon Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
We're going to need another level of canon Laughing

and it shall be called "This-Is-So-Karking-Insane-It-Doesnt-Deserve-A-Cannon-Level Canon." Or TISKIIDDACLC for short

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ooooh! Can we put TCW in that level?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, yes! I vote yes. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I hadn't actually watched the video before I first commented. Allow me to recomment:

Farewell, Star Wars! Finally, you have stooped too low. Auf wiedersehen! Adieu. Adios.

Goodbye. Crying or Very sad

Never seen the Holiday Special, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Haha, I was exaggerating. And unfortunately, yes, I've had the chance to see some of the Holiday Special. Let's just say I turned it off and scrubbed what I'd seen from memory. At least George was just as offended as the rest of us, though, in that case. How times change. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't understand the big deal. Have any of you actually watched the Powerpuff Girls, or are you just judging it based on what you think it's like because of the animation? It's actually a pretty good show that has cuteness combined with action and humor for kids and adults both. Again, it's from the people who did Clone Wars, Samurai Jack (one of the best shows ever), and Dexter's Lab. Those were some of the best animated shows on TV.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I don't understand the big deal. Have any of you actually watched the Powerpuff Girls, or are you just judging it based on what you think it's like because of the animation? It's actually a pretty good show that has cuteness combined with action and humor for kids and adults both. Again, it's from the people who did Clone Wars, Samurai Jack (one of the best shows ever), and Dexter's Lab. Those were some of the best animated shows on TV.

I personally disagree on your assessment of those shows quality, even though I enjoyed (the original) Clone Wars for what it was. That said, each to their own.

I haven't watched Powerpuff girls for more than a few 3 minute snippets out of complete boredom when waiting for another show to start, but what I saw was unwatchably terrible. This is better, but still nothing I'd want to ever watch again.

As for the art style, I know that it's what was "in style" but I can't stand it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I personally loved Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack. Powerpuff Girls was mildly entertaining, but I honestly think this is all being blown out of proportion. They show fan art and such at a lot of conventions, and this is a big art project for someone and nothing more.

And yeah, I loved Samurai Jack like crazy. Genndy Tartakovsky's style (more movement, less dialogue) is bold and I dug it like crazy. But this, this isn't him. Just a tribute thing to both SW and PPG. It'll be short-lived and nothing more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

/facepalm Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PPG may not be exactly great TV, but my point was that it's meant for kids and parents together. You know what else is? Star Wars. That's the audience that this is meant for, not necessarily single adults who are avid EU novel readers like most of us here.

Not trying to paint our members with a broad brush here, but that's the target audience for those books, just as parents and kids is the one for this.

Star Wars appeals to different people on different levels. Maybe you do see this as a quality issue, but it just kind of seems snobby to me.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I've never much cared for Cartoon Network, as a whole. So yeah.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've watched and kinda liked the Powerpuffs and I wasn't exactly a kid when this was on the CN. I liked Dexter's lab for a time and I moderately despise Tartakovsky's CW. Copy Tartakovsky all you want, but please don't make any of this canon or anything. George please don't watch this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm just going to ignore this one entirely.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Quite - it's a fan tribute that got approved because it's by an established astist. It's about as relevent to 'canon' as my officially licenced Rebel Crest earrings. They are bronze, but that doesn't mean bronze has to be retconned as the offical colour of the Alliance Crest.

It's nothing to get excited about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3