Star Wars Angry Birds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
stuck on level 1 37 can't get the third star.

Launch Obi Wan at about a thirty degree (somewhere between thirty to forty degree) angle, so that he goes up, is captured by gravity, and swung round behind the farthest junk pillar. When you're beside the pillar, Force throw into the pillar, at around the middle. Hopefully you'll be close enough to get a good strength throw to send the parts inward (or outward, depending on how you look at these things) in such a way as to blow up the explosives.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm 3 stars all the way up to 3-20 except for 3-18. Just can't seem to get it just right.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, I've probably 3-starred three quarters of them and I thought I was doing good... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I got 3 stars on 3-18 last night and it opened up the Jedi planet! Haven't paid a dime for the game yet. There are some dang hard ones in there though. Can't even get 1 star on J-31 yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I took the plunge today gotta say............. pretty fun!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
stuck on level 1 37 can't get the third star.

Launch Obi Wan at about a thirty degree (somewhere between thirty to forty degree) angle, so that he goes up, is captured by gravity, and swung round behind the farthest junk pillar. When you're beside the pillar, Force throw into the pillar, at around the middle. Hopefully you'll be close enough to get a good strength throw to send the parts inward (or outward, depending on how you look at these things) in such a way as to blow up the explosives.

Tha'ts what I've been doing, but I'm having a hard time getting the angle right and the times I did, my force push was off and wasn't able to blow the tnt. Mad

Im using a laptop, so maybe it's not as precise as a touch screen.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

To be honest i think it downgrades the star wars universe. Angry Birds is known to be a kids game for not serious gamers. To make this game seems ridiculous and makes the universe seem kid-ish. i have nothing against kids but the star wars universe is too mature for Iphone gamers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Zak Arranda wrote:
To be honest i think it downgrades the star wars universe. Angry Birds is known to be a kids game for not serious gamers. To make this game seems ridiculous and makes the universe seem kid-ish. i have nothing against kids but the star wars universe is too mature for Iphone gamers

I disagree. I enjoy playing Angry Birds SW. It may seem a bit gimmicky, but it's a well-done game, and a very fun one at that. And that's what Star Wars is supposed to be: Fun. Some of the cut-scenes actually got a few genuine laughs out of me, which is more than I can say about Jar-Jar and Ahsoka.

Relax. Don't take it too seriously, it's just a game. It's not like you're forced to get it. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Zak Arranda wrote:

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Zak Arranda wrote:

Angry Birds is not/not known as a kids' game. It's known as a casual game, for anyone to jump in and enjoy.

This is why it was so successful. Millions of copies have been sold, and if it were just for kids, it would likely not be so high.

And how would you define "serious gamers"? I like to think of myself as a serious gamer. I love my PS3, Wii, and PC titles and play them quite a bit. I also have Angry Birds for my iPod Touch, as well as other casual games like Tiny Wings, Pocket Planes, Tiny Tower, and Pixel People. Various is the spice of life.

And the Star Wars franchise is not "too mature" for anything. The movies are designed for all ages, and the books range in age-market from very young to very old.

In conclusion, I disagree with pretty much every part of your remark.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been playing SW Angry Birds for about two months now and loving it! I definitely wouldn't say it's a kids game. Both my uncles are enjoying it too actually! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JainaSolo wrote:
I've been playing SW Angry Birds for about two months now and loving it! I definitely wouldn't say it's a kids game. Both my uncles are enjoying it too actually! Laughing

Same, its a blast regardless of how silly it is (that's actually the best part Smile )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote  

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What are you trying to say there, Life? That the Ewoks cartoon show was for kids? That it downgrades the Star Wars franchise? I'm deeply offended. There are Ewoks rolling over in their graves right now.

...and there coming to get you. Nasty little undead Zombie Ewoks craving British brains. A delicacy I'm told.

Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing I assure you I'm saying no such thing. Again. Ever. Out loud, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Sorry i went all psycho about the app, I played it and enjoyed it. lol im having trouble typing with my foot in my mouth.

Page 3 of 4