Mavel Comics Speculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mavel Comics Speculation
 PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

So, I was listening to TheForceCast podcast the other day and they briefly mentioned the news that TCW seasons 7 and 8 (and by default more of season 6) was already written out. It got me thinking. We got to see some of season 6, the last of which we'll be getting in the form of a comic mini-series from Dark Horse (Son of Dathomir). We also know that Marvel will be getting the comics license back ...in 2015 and that they'll be announcing their upcoming books in July (probably at SDCC). I'm thinking that at least one of Marvel's series will be the continuation of TCW. It would be an easy way for Marvel to win over the DH fans. And, I'll bet that they also do a Rebels tie-in series. Lastly, I think they'll start a new series that will pick up just after RotJ, but it won't start until summer 2015. That's my guess. What do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote  

I'm not sure if Marvel will want to touch The Clone Wars or not, but Star Wars Rebels seems very likely. With the show going on, that would increase visibility, demand and interest.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think Marvel Star Wars will start out small, with a prequel miniseries to Episode VII, and maybe a Rebels tie-in comic. They will probably launch an ongoing "Star Wars" after Episode VII has been released.

But thinking of other Marvel movies, they've tended to do prequel comics for those (usually just 1-2 issues, setting up where these characters were immediately before the movie starts). I haven't read any, just because I don't want to spoil the movie.

So yes, I predict two series: an ongoing post-Episode VII (so December 2015 on) and a Rebels tie-in, plus introductory comics where possible/necessary.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I think Marvel Star Wars will start out small, with a prequel miniseries to Episode VII, and maybe a Rebels tie-in comic. They will probably launch an ongoing "Star Wars" after Episode VII has been released.

But thinking of other Marvel movies, they've tended to do prequel comics for those (usually just 1-2 issues, setting up where these characters were immediately before the movie starts). I haven't read any, just because I don't want to spoil the movie.

So yes, I predict two series: an ongoing post-Episode VII (so December 2015 on) and a Rebels tie-in, plus introductory comics where possible/necessary.

I suspect thaat there's a 90% chance you're right.

But man that's a disappointing future for the comics of Star Wars after what Dark Horse has been doing the last 20+ years isn't it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm hoping that at some point they will go back and revisit scripts written for Clone Wars and the Live Action show to at least get those stories out there.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth_Henning wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:

I suspect thaat there's a 90% chance you're right.

But man that's a disappointing future for the comics of Star Wars after what Dark Horse has been doing the last 20+ years isn't it?

Well, I think what I suggested above is the short-term plan, through to the end of 2015. But in 2016, I suspect that the comic line will diversify a bit more. The fact that we're getting a Tarkin novel gives me hope that the comics under Marvel will eventually focus on weirder side-characters and original material beyond the movies and TV shows.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1