Looking Into Comics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Taral-DLOS wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Classic Marvel Star Wars. Sure it's bumped out of continuity, but that just means there is no need to read it in any order. It's just fun and cool artwork.

Except for how it hasn't, and remains a perfectly valid part of continuity.

Wrong.

There aren't any issues though. They all fit fine. Some are even referenced in later works. The Nagai-Tof War is all canon. The issues between Episode V and VI were refenced in the Essential Guide to Warfare and Legacy of the Force. And Luke using a lightsaber in post-TESB sources has been retconned. So has the Wedge/Hobbie issue.

I can't think of a single thing that has been fully removed from canon.

I do apologize though for being rude about it.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Pretty sure Taral is correct on this one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's fine TD. I admit that my reply was curt, but I don't think this is the place for a discussion on continuity.

I'll post a quick explanation for what I was thinking over in the appropriate thread, if you care to read it.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Thanks Walker. I saw the post in the continuity thread, and laid out my evidence.

Back to comics!

I'm looking forward to Star Wars Vol 3. The preorder codes for the first issue (slated for release in January 2013) just came out. I just bought my copy!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm going to be the voice of dissent. I would avoid Dark Empire, there are much better comics out there.

Some of my favorites are the Infinities retelling of the OT and the Tales comics. The current books have been really good as well, Agent of the Empire, Dawn of the Jedi, Blood Ties, Darth Maul, etc. The current books are also mostly shorter self contained story arcs so there is less of a "falling behind" or continuity issues.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I've gotta echo the previous post. The latest Vader and Maul arcs are where it's at. For a longer run, go with Legacy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2