Disney has bought Lucasfilm for $4bn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth Bane wrote:
2. Episodes 7 8 and 9 + will completely obliterate the EU if they don't do their research.

Ultimatedash wrote:
Eh, the more it sinks in..... I'm starting to be more optimistic. Best case scenario, we get a split universe, and get the EU and the new movies, (though I suppose it's possible the new movies would fit in but I doubt it) and worst case the EU comes to an end. Now we all knew it would have to end eventually, and at least this way it could go out the way it came in. With movies.

Most likely, Episodes 7, 8, and 9 will create a new EU. Tie in literature has, obviously, been successful, so why not do it for the new movies? To avoid consumer confusion, they might not go the multi-verse route. Rendering the current EU non-canon isn't gonna stop me from enjoying the books.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Bane wrote:
2. Episodes 7 8 and 9 + will completely obliterate the EU if they don't do their research.

Ultimatedash wrote:
Eh, the more it sinks in..... I'm starting to be more optimistic. Best case scenario, we get a split universe, and get the EU and the new movies, (though I suppose it's possible the new movies would fit in but I doubt it) and worst case the EU comes to an end. Now we all knew it would have to end eventually, and at least this way it could go out the way it came in. With movies.

Most likely, Episodes 7, 8, and 9 will create a new EU. Tie in literature has, obviously, been successful, so why not do it for the new movies? To avoid consumer confusion, they might not go the multi-verse route. Rendering the current EU non-canon isn't gonna stop me from enjoying the books.

If you try to make the whole EU make sense after disney makes the movies, the only way you can make it make good sense is if they completely go along with what people have written and created. If it isn't exactly in line with everything, there will be, as I believe, so much unnecessary confusion and frustration

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Or it just becomes a Star Trek thing with two universes so to speak.

I don't have a problem if the movies follow one line, and the book EU continues as it is. That's what Star Trek is doing. It works for them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Luke's pyre. See this can still fit between FOTJ and the Legacy comics. You've just got to believe. And what about Darth Tano?!?!?!?!?!?! Ahsoka, the new villain? This could be more than epic.

It is a great time to be a SW fan. Period.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Where did you find that? That's pretty awesome! I wonder if "The Twin Suns" is the working name for Episode VII...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

That seems a tad suspect to me.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
That seems a tad suspect to me.

Which is why I ask "Where did you find that?" I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I second and third the where did you find this?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe it's a hoax. Maybe it's a little insider teasing. Either way it's damn interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd love to believe that picture is real but sadly I very much doubt it.

A newbie posts a picture of a confidential document but fails to state where it's from. Too much time on your hands Diskun?

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

His previous posts are cryptically worded suggestions that he works at Lucasfilm, but I remain very suspicious. Also, Darth Tano sounds way too convenient to be real.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Meh, I doubt anyone at Lucasfilm really knows what's going to happen yet. Like you said, far too convenient.

Check out Jedi News though. Read/watched a couple of things that gave me a bit of hope about the EU. First an interview with Mark Hamill just previous to ROTJ, he claims he had already been hired for a sequel penned in for 2004, but he would either be "on another plane" (ie. force ghost?) or as a different character.

Secondly Tim Zahn's views. He claims that Lucas told him a sequel trilogy would follow Luke's offspring and that the Thrawn Trilogy would be set in between. Meaning each trilogy featured a different generation of Skywalkers.

Of course this could be completely changed by Disney, but it would appear that if these sources are to be believed this was George's original plan for the sequels. Moreover, there is no reason to believe that the children of the Skywalkers in the movies would be the same as their children in the EU.

I am willing to cling to this hope though for the time being, and perhaps I'll be able to enjoy post ROTJ stories for a little while longer.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Actually Lucas's originial plans for the 3rd trilogy was the rebuilding of the Republic. It in the 190 ESB Time magazine issue (which I've owned since 1980).

However, Lucas did state awhile back that Star Wars was a story of fathers and sons. I think what he told Zahn was on the money, but who knows what the story treatment he gave Kathleen Kennedy is.

I really doubt Disney's going to deviate from Lucas's vision for the 3rd trilogy. The deal didn't go through until after Lucas had Kennedy installed at LFL to carry the torch for him. Watch the video of Lucas and Kennedy talking about the Disney Deal. Also Lucas is still on board as creative consultant. Lucas is smart, and I bet anything there's something in the contracts about how the story can go

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Gonna be weird to start saying KK in stead of GL.

Also, will I now be a Kennedy-basher? That has some unfortunate political implications...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 10 of 12