Disney has bought Lucasfilm for $4bn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Interesting, a three film series about rebuilding the republic sounds incredibly dull!

I think you're right about Lucas' vision being adhered to. Now I'm over the initial shock I just want to know what his vision is!

When do you think we will start hearing news about storyline, characters and time frames? If the release is set to be 2015, will we be waiting until 2014 to hear anything concrete?

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I imagine we'll start hearing things throughout next year. A movie this big won't keep fans holding their breath for too long.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It depends on how long they want to keep it a secret. The next Star Trek movie comes out in May, and there has still been no official announcement of who the villan is. And each Harry Potter book was kept very carefully under wraps until the midnight releases. We might get some big-picture stuff over the next year, but we probably won't know much until 2014.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:22 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Its the darth Tano part that makes it suspect to me, first of all in G-Canon, Darth's have a new name when becoming Sith. Plus I doubt they would revisit places like Bespin and Dagobah.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote  

I thought Kahn was already revealed? Isn't Kahn the new villain in the next Trek movie?

As for Star Wars, Steve Sansweet said on ForceCast that they won't be able to give any details out for the next couple months because there's still some details they have to finish up with. Once those are completed, they can start revealing details.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I thought Kahn was already revealed? Isn't Kahn the new villain in the next Trek movie?

As for Star Wars, Steve Sansweet said on ForceCast that they won't be able to give any details out for the next couple months because there's still some details they have to finish up with. Once those are completed, they can start revealing details.

Nah, he hasn't been announced. Fans were wanting it but since he was the original villain in the original second movie it might be too on the nose. They are keeping it very under wraps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I doubt we'd have to wait long for information, say, beginning next year. Lucasfilm was pretty regular with movie updates, when the prequels came out. Of course, Disney might do it differently, but I think something this big would get the same treatment, to drum up excitement.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about the whole thing. Sure it was also a huge shock for me when I got an email in my inbox saying Disney bought Lucasfilm but I have full faith in Disney and I'm sure they'll make something great out of Star Wars. I mean look at The Marvel movies and Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe it's time we all need something new to look forward to?
I have no IDEA what they will do for characters and plot line (although seeing Thrawn in action won't be to bad) unless they make it like faaaaaaar in the future when Han, Leia and Luke are old grandparents and make Jaina, Jacen and Ben the protagonists?
I gotta admit that sounds like a plan, since Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford ain't spring chickens anymore. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

adamqd wrote:
Its the darth Tano part that makes it suspect to me, first of all in G-Canon, Darth's have a new name when becoming Sith. Plus I doubt they would revisit places like Bespin and Dagobah.

On the first point, "Darth Tano" could be a working name for the character or a nickname.

But agreed on the second point. I imagine they'd want to mostly have new planets as settings with maybe one or two old ones (e.g. Coruscant, Tatooine).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You know...I think George was tired. Tired of managing LucasFilm, and tired of all the hate from fans. He said as much in a recent interview, before the news broke. I almost...almost feel sorry for him. But not really. Though I suppose I can at least understand how he might feel.

I guess it was only a matter of time before this happened. What, did we think one of his children was going to take up the torch? Doubtful. So I suppose this was inevitable. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
You know...I think George was tired. Tired of managing LucasFilm, and tired of all the hate from fans. He said as much in a recent interview, before the news broke. I almost...almost feel sorry for him. But not really. Though I suppose I can at least understand how he might feel.

I guess it was only a matter of time before this happened. What, did we think one of his children was going to take up the torch? Doubtful. So I suppose this was inevitable. Confused

Or...you know...he could have just kept the rights and stopped all his nonsense. We didn't need a tv show that is hit and miss (and a total canon destruction), we don't need more movies (same reason), and maybe it could have just been over. Allow the publishing companies and Leland to take over, it would have been fine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There, there, Caedus. I agree, and I feel your pain. Here, watch this, and you'll feel better. Smile

It Helps With the Grieving

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Oh my gosh!! I don't know what to make of this!! Um...wha-wha- um....entering serious state of shock here....is this good or bad? On one hand Disney does make pretty good films, but Lucasfilm...it's just not the same! Imagine watching episode 7 and instead of the Lucasfilm logo we see Disney!! R2 Slide Confused ..I feel like poor R2....I will start "bleeping" soon.....Yeeeeeoooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

GreekGirl wrote:
Imagine watching episode 7 and instead of the Lucasfilm logo we see Disney!!

I think we will still see the Lucasfilm logo - Disney will replace the 20th Century Fox logo.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
GreekGirl wrote:
Imagine watching episode 7 and instead of the Lucasfilm logo we see Disney!!

I think we will still see the Lucasfilm logo - Disney will replace the 20th Century Fox logo.

I also imagine we'll get a SW-ified Disney Castle, much like the TRON Legacy version.

Just imagine, the Disney Castle with a Coruscant-esque skyline in the background... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 11 of 12