Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Don't pay attention to most of the BS on the Star Wars news sites. Its a hectic time and every stupid rumor gets reported, for the sake of reporting it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote  

Yeah, cause that's not an AT-AT foot at all, it's just the door to the dimension Waru lives in. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Boy would waiting be boring without all these rumors and the discussion they encourage. I for one am glad we have this rumor mill. By the time the movie is actually out, every possibility has been discussed to death.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Ok, here's the casting announcement!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Q: Where's Billy Dee?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
...will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote  

For those who can't get to the page (since the entire world is hitting it right now)

Quote:
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, “We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

December 18? What a weird release date. Why not a summer release like all the rest? I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't! Ha.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

As I understood it, that is what they originally wanted, but that would leave too little time, so it got delayed. I assume they don't want to delay it even further just for the sake of tradition.

Some Disney bigwig did say they wanted to return to form for the other movies, though.

As for the casting, maybe this is bad of me, but IMO the most striking thing about it is how little change I can see in Mark and Carrie in the cast picture. I must be out of it, for the names meant next to nothing to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think the December release date is because Avengers: Age of Ultron has been set for summer 2015 for the past while. This way the films don't compete.

That cast picture is incredible! It's now my wallpaper.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This cracked me up. Notice who they're sure about!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I want Hamill and Ford to do an interview together and announce that they're switching roles on this one.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Is there a Speculation thread for Ep7 around here somewhere or is all speculation going in this spoiler thread or the general thread for the trilogy?

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Prediction time! Very Happy

Domhnall Gleeson will be the new Skywalker and one of the main characters. He looks the most Skywalker-ish to me.

Daisy Ridley (who is lovely btw) will play Han and Leia's daughter and will be another main character.

Adam Driver will play the "Darth Vader-like" character and will be the main villain of the film (though not necessarily the top dog of the villains; a Darth Vader rather than a Darth Sidious).

John Boyega will be the third main character, completing the trio of main characters.

Max von Sydow will play a Imperial Moff-like villain. Either an underling or, I think more likely the master, of Driver's villain.

Oscar Isaac will play a secondary character, but a good guy: Jedi, pilot, military guy etc.

Andy Serkis (hooray! Very Happy ) will play some type of alien or creature through motion capture.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote  

We can speculate here. I'm wondering who Max von Sydow is going to play. A grizzled politician? Elder officer of the Empire? Sith Lord? Or a Jedi?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd love to see Sydow as a Jorus C'Baoth type. I've always liked the idea of Luke dealing with a bad Obi-Wan as it were.

- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 25 of 33