Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
HOW is this good news? Every movie I've seen by him has been essentially unwatchably painful.

You didn't like Toy Story 3?!

And meh on Fisher possibly returning... I still think these shouldn't be about the Big 3.

EDIT: 1234th post, I usually don't brag about post count but I liked the number... Razz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Looks like Carrie Fisher wants to return:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/07/carrie-fisher-star-wars-disney-video/

Darth_Henning wrote:
Jedi Joe wrote:
Toy Story 3's Michael Arndt to write the screenplay for Star Wars Episode VII

And this just got even more awesome! Very Happy

HOW is this good news? Every movie I've seen by him has been essentially unwatchably painful.

Okay, Arndt has written two professional screenplays: Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine. I loved Toy Story 3 (if you didn't like it you are in a distinct minority) and it was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay. I haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine, but I've heard really good things about it and it won Best Original Screenplay. So, yeah, I'd say it's good news. (As a side note: it looks like he's writing the screenplay for Catching Fire also).

@Caedus: I liked Iron Giant, but I LOVED The Incredibles and Ratatouille. I haven't seen Ghost Protocol.

Little Miss Sunshine was unwatchable. Its number 3 on the "worst movies I've ever suffered through" list.

Toy Story 3 was childish, dull, and quite honestly annoying. Though admittedly not AS horrible. I will never understand what people found so fascinating about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
Toy Story 3 was childish, dull, and quite honestly annoying. Though admittedly not AS horrible. I will never understand what people found so fascinating about it.

You are dead to me. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I loved Little Miss Sunshine. Great movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And me. We shan't speak to him any longer. *crosses arms emphatically*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just because you don't like the same things as everyone else doesn't make you a hater, as long as that isn't the only reason why you dislike them.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:

For me, a lot of it had to do with the nostalgia. If I had seen all three movies back-to-back, I don't think the third movie would've had the power it did. I don't think kids nowadays got nearly as much out of it as us late teens/twenty-somethings did. As someone who grew up loving Toy Story, though, it was nearly perfect.

Maybe Arndt can pull off a similar nostalgia power trip for the new Star Wars trilogy. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:

For me, a lot of it had to do with the nostalgia. If I had seen all three movies back-to-back, I don't think the third movie would've had the power it did. I don't think kids nowadays got nearly as much out of it as us late teens/twenty-somethings did. As someone who grew up loving Toy Story, though, it was nearly perfect.

Maybe Arndt can pull off a similar nostalgia power trip for the new Star Wars trilogy. Cool

Perhaps that would help. I loved the first one, enjoyed the second a fair bit (though don't remember all the details), but the third one was just a disappointment to me.

I know it was popular, but it just didn't work for me. I'm not looking for something that's a nostalgia trip for new Star Wars though, I want something that's as good a continuation of the OT as Thrawn was. And Sadly I dont think Arndt can come anywhere close to that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Oh, Henning.

Toy Story 3 makes me bawl like a small child. And I don't cry during movies.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth_Henning wrote:
Now the question becomes...what happens to the EU we know and love?

Could very well be a deciding factor for many fans.

Somebody (I'm just giving ideas here) such as Old Master Ben could send Disney/Lucasfilm and set up an agreement to make sure that they take the whole Expanded Universe into account before destroying it completely. Like i said before, I'm just giving ideas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I don't know if I'm supposed to be excited or disappointed

One thing that could be considered consolation: the eu can't come to an end because they're making movies on the end of the timeline. It wouldn't destroy anything before episode six. It would only take out the New Republic era and the Legacy era. Just saying

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

...Until Disney makes spin-offs set in earlier eras. Unless Disney decides to care more about the EU than Lucas did, the EU is done for. My fandom will probably also be done for.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Disney has given every indication in the past that they care about the franchises they've bought, so it's possible that they will indeed treat it better than Lucas did.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan's ghost in Episode VII? He's up for the task if they need him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Disney has given every indication in the past that they care about the franchises they've bought, so it's possible that they will indeed treat it better than Lucas did.

They've done a decent job of following established continuity (or more accurately adapting it) in the Marvel-based movies. Hopefully this means that they'll look at the other material they've bought along with Ep I-VI in the LFL acquisition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 7 of 33