Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I think it looks good. It will be nice to see the tech in the future of the OT. I'm excited. This is like the early 80's and mid 90's all over again. Living this 3 times in one life frickin rocks. I don't care what the naysayers... naysay. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First time I went through all of this I wasn't quite old enough to understand rumors and spoilers. So for me it was all "OMGZ YODA HAS A LIGHTSABER".

Or actually, we probably weren't using OMG yet... It's fun experiencing this with a better understanding of the film process.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

With the exception of Tatooine's inclusion being a pretty good indication that they will play this safe as hell, I am pleased. Practical effects and stuff that looks right. I actually got hint of an OT feel from these pics, which I rightly hadn't expected.

Of course, Mos Espa was plenty practical and real-looking without that amounting to much...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anyone else see that Gwendoline Christie has been cast as of today? If you follow Game of Thrones she plays Brienne of Tarth and I think she's doing marvelously there thus far. We need female Jedi and I desperately hope that is what she is playing. Tall, strong, feminine, and seems like a fun person from all interviews I've seen. I look forward to what she brings to the film.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Lupita Nyong'o was also cast!

Source: http://time.com/2809562/lupita-nyongo-gwendoline-christie-star-wars/

To everyone who was griping about the lack of female cast, I say this: Ha. Ha. And now I'll shut up. Wink

Darth_Henning wrote:
Am I the only one who was not impressed by any of the pictures? Yes, the alien looks great, but beyond that, nothing in it other than the aurebesh lettering (stunned they actually got that right) looked remotely interesting or star-wars-y to me.

Dude, I thought it looked totally Star Wars-y! The extras all look like they belong in a Star Wars movie.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Caedus_16 wrote:
Anyone else see that Gwendoline Christie has been cast as of today? If you follow Game of Thrones she plays Brienne of Tarth and I think she's doing marvelously there thus far. We need female Jedi and I desperately hope that is what she is playing. Tall, strong, feminine, and seems like a fun person from all interviews I've seen. I look forward to what she brings to the film.

Yes! I love her character, and I think Christie has performed the role very well. I'm super excited to hear of her in this.

Nyong'o, I haven't seen her in anything before, so I have no opinion.

Reepicheep wrote:

To everyone who was griping about the lack of female cast, I say this: Ha. Ha. And now I'll shut up. Wink

I don't understand your reaction. We're cheering this news
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:

I don't understand your reaction. We're cheering this news

I just meant that I called it. People across the internet were up in arms over the lack of female characters and I was saying not to panic, because the cast list we got was only a few of the actors and that we would probably get more actresses signed on in the future.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote  

I want one of those women to be a villain.

Preferably somehow linked to Asajj Ventress.

And what's up with that ugly monster thing TMZ has a picture of?

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-7-set-photos-secret-pics-new-creature/

Do you eat it? Do you ride it? Does it speak? Is it the hellspawn of a bantha? Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Preferably somehow linked to Asajj Ventress.

I've heard this rumor as well. That'd be something to see her in IMAX.

If they really do some kind of massive EU inclusion like that I think I'd be too busy processing if the movie was really there and not a dream for me to enjoy the film. :p

Glad to see the new additions to the cast. People's concerns will be addressed once the story is revealed.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some familiar ships under construction:

Millenium Falcon

What looks like a modified X-Wing (some are speculating that it's a Z-95 Headhunter)

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/leaked-star-wars-7-photos-show-millennium-falcon-in-construction-9479669.html

As cool as it is to see the old ships again, I hope we'll be seeing plenty of new ships as well.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Looks like a modified x-wing.

Two engines per side, two wings and two guns, despite the the one intake.

Can't say I'm impressed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Seeing the Falcon again lightened up my day. I knew it would be coming back, but actually seeing it in construction brings tears to my eyes! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah this is gonna take me back to 1983. Pretty dang cool.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I had a dream last night that the ST was a merging of NJO and LotF and then when I woke up I realized that if Gwendoline Christie dyed her hair red, she could be Mara Jade! Gwendolin Christie = Mara, Domhnall Gleeson = Ben, Daisy Ridley = Jaina, Adam Driver = Jacen. Hey, I can dream! Very Happy

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh man, I hadn't even considered Jade. When there wasn't an actor to play her in the first announcement I wrote off her appearance.

Now you got my hopes all up and stuff. If this doesn't happen I blame you. :p

- Walter Bishop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 30 of 33