Episode VII in 2015 [spoiler thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well I would argue that first of all not everyone remembers all the officers unless they are huge fans like us, but the roles that are remembered like Boba Fett or Darth Maul are based mostly on design and not character. The EU then later makes then real people. With that in mind it could be almost anyone under the helmet or tattoos and I don't think I would mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They could also have larger roles later on in the trilogy. Mace Windu didn't do much until Episode II; Lando didn't show up until Episode V- it could be something similar for these actors.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well I would argue that first of all not everyone remembers all the officers unless they are huge fans like us,

I would argue that no one really cares about these casting announcements unless they are huge fans like us. Razz

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Smile Fair point, but I think regular fans do care about the main character's roles (especially the old big three). As for Grandmaster's point, that Mace Windu type role is precisely what some of the old big three will have to occupy; since they can't be the action stars anymore. There's never been more than five main characters in a trilogy, aside from the villains. Then if you consider the villains, only Darth Vader and Sidious were really developed (and that took two whole trilogies). That's why these new announcements don't really excite me. I want to see some cool designs and character concepts and then I'll get hyped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, I am definitely ready for some character announcements over cast announcements.

But I agree with the point that these characters could be "Landos" and having bigger roles in other films.

Though, I think the announcement of these two cast members was because of the talent search and a part of that story. Not necessarily because they're important characters.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ever since the big announcement leading up to May the 4th, any further casting news elicits an "Oh, that's cool" from me. Like you guys, I want to know more about the story and the characters, rather than the actors.

Good or Bad? You decide!!
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

So... is the sequel a good thing or a bad thing? Now you don't have to decide! If you think it is good, get your affirmation here: http://bit.ly/1jJZO5b if you think it is bad, rejoice that you were right here: http://bit.ly/1mc2wLb

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm too paranoid to click the links.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I clicked them, it's legit. Although I was also wary. But no worries.

Granted, it could be considered a form of spam. I am not really sure the rules surrounding advertisement of outside blogs and such from unknown sources...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote  

Eh, since it's Star Wars related, we can let it slide. He did link to two Star Wars articles on pros and cons of sequel trilogy. I'm curious whether he'll ever post again. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

On the other forum I post on we get spam messages about buying shoes and kitchen sinks. So this isn't so bad. Razz

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Fully-painted updated X-Wing and Rebel pilot with a slightly changed costume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWBGrkc360M

The beat up ship and the old Rebel uniform makes me wonder if the rumours about the New Republic still not being established in Episode VII are true...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Apparently, if you want to know how Ep. VII and Rebels will look you simply pull out all of your old Ralph McQuarrie pics. I guess SW is no different than anything else coming out of Hollywood these days...just rehashes of old stuff. Thus far I am not impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So looking like a Ralph McQuarrie painting is a bad thing? Confused

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

POTENTIAL SPOILERS: Supposed plot details for Episode VII leaked out

It's Devin Faraci, so take it with a lump of salt and top it off with a cool glass of ocean water. That being said, it's something to speculate about. I'm not quite sure what I think about it yet, so another post will be made later with my opinion on the situation.

However, that X-wing video is just great! I don't see any lines on the wings indicating s-foils, but apparently they will be there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 32 of 39