Bridge novels between Episodes VII-IX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to write the novelizations of the sequel films or bridge novels between the films?
Matt Stover
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Timothy Zahn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
James Luceno
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Troy Denning
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I hope that when Episodes VII VIII and IX come out in 2015,2017 and 2019 not only will there be novelizations of the sequel trilogy but bridge novels between the sequel films possibly the further adventures of the female Skywalker that might be the hero of not only the third trilogy(VII-IX) but the fourth trilogy(Episodes X-XII)too. I think Matt Stover should write the novelizations of VII-IX and maybe even X-XII and Tim Zahn,James Luceno,Troy Denning and Aaron Allston should write the bridge novels in between.

Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

First of all, please stop with the crazy emoticons. That many, with some moving, is incredibly distracting.

Second, mayhap it would be best to first learn what the movies are about before assigning authors to them? Each author has different strengths and weaknesses. Simply assigning one to do a book without knowing what the book is is pointless.

For example, Stover is great at things like setting and characterization. You feel that you're there in the book. But he can be incredibly slow. A big action-packed story would not be good for him, but a cerebral character-driven story might be.

Something that has a huge military focus should go to authors strong in that field, like Allston or Traviss.

Luceno seems good at the more political thriller-type books. He would be great at that kind of book.

But we can't just say "Stover's good, let's have him write the books!" Because while I did love most of his books, without knowing what kind of story it is, he may not be the man for the job.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I don't think you have to know what the movies are about to know what authors you should assign them to. I thought I came up with a good selection of authors and I'd appreciate anyone else's vote on this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1