Spin-Off Films Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
I'm more excited for these than the actual Episode. I think these could be more fun and have less riding on them, freeing them up to be more overall than the rest.

Agreed 100%. These I could actually get excited about (especially if they make a Boba Fett movie *coughcough* ).

We keep plugging that, and I hope it happens, but I doubt it...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
I'm more excited for these than the actual Episode. I think these could be more fun and have less riding on them, freeing them up to be more overall than the rest.

Agreed 100%. These I could actually get excited about (especially if they make a Boba Fett movie *coughcough* ).

I remember the rumors of a Boba Fett movie going on for years. They were obviously false but it would be pretty cool if that's what they did. (Even though Boba is overrated)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Fett movie. He is pretty popular; there's money to be made.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Fett movie. He is pretty popular; there's money to be made.

Can't forget that money! In all seriousness i wouldn't mind aFett movie, but they would have am easier time with wholly original characters.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote  

Well with the rumors of Yoda and Fett, I'm totally on board with those two. They could both be great. A Han movie would be much trickier, as that would depend not only on the story, but heavily on the casting.

My prime spinoff movie would be Thrawn, hands down.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

As fun as some of these ideas sound, I can't help but be terrified that any spinoffs would just be money grabs and therefore be low in quality.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
As fun as some of these ideas sound, I can't help but be terrified that any spinoffs would just be money grabs and therefore be low in quality.

I thought of that too, but with whose been announced working on these, I have some confidence they'll be valiant efforst.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote  

Well they're making two, so odds are in our favor. One of them will surely be awesome, even if the other sucks Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

Who is Boba Fett? You mean Cloney McJango. Would you want to see a movie about an 8 year old Bounty Hunter, that is what is most like to be seen.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Caedus_16 wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
Ben Skywalker film. Please? I was thinking, the other day, that if the sequels are set beyond FOTJ, it may be a bit too difficult to fit the entire backstory of several characters (which may not be necessary anyway, depending on how it's handled, but just in case it is, it may be difficult), and so it may drive away some viewers. Having spin-offs could help this.

Considering the new films are meant to overwrite the EU i don't think Ben exists anymore though.

This has been confirmed? Link?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote  

^^Not confirmed.

IF we get a Boba Fett film (really, that's a guaranteed cash cow so I can't see them turning it down), and let's say it's a pre-ESB or, wonder of wonders, a post-ROTJ film, do you think we'll get to see any of the other bounty hunter? I think it would be pretty awesome to see Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM, Bossk, and Zuckuss in action. They could even throw in some of the bounty hunters from TCW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 2