Star Wars: Rebels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote  

I agree with Taral. Looks a hell of a lot more like the Son than the puppet from Saw.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Damn, I had forgotten that bugger had red face paint too, and in basically the same places. That is just awful! It worked for him, sure, but now they are recycling his look that closely for this minor Force-using henchman. What the hell, Lucas Animation?! Are they gonna have Witwer voice him too?

EDIT: On the plus side, if the pic of the Inquisitor is representative, the animation quality in Rebels will be noticably better than TCW. Look how crisp and sharp it is compared to the one of Son.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote  

Actually, I'd be really happy if Witwer voiced the Inquisitor.

As for the animation, the Stromtroopers remind be of Star Wars: Detours.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can't really remember how the Mortis arc ended but is it possible that the inquisitor IS the Son? They look far too familiar for it to be coincidence.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:
I can't really remember how the Mortis arc ended but is it possible that the inquisitor IS the Son? They look far too familiar for it to be coincidence.

Shouldn't be possible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Proudfoot wrote:

Anakin killed the Son with the magic dagger at the Father's direction. The Daughter was dead, the Father was dying and Anakin had refused to take the Father's place to keep the balance. Only solution was to kill off the remaining powerful Force entity aka the Son.

I really doubt the Inquisitor is the Son.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It most likely, that since the people who worked on Clone Wars is working on this, that someone just likes that color scheme and it never occurred to them that the characters look alike. It's amazing how much people miss when they are working on things all the thing. Rejected ideas begin to blur with ideas that ended up being approved.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The only reason this show exists is so Disney can have their own show on their own network because they hate the fact that other people made SW things that they didn't make money off. Forget it.

And Darth Nobody looks stupid and I hope Hasbro sues them for stealing their designs. Yeah, I'm bitter.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I thought I read somewhere that it was a conscious decision to make the Inquisitor look like The Son. If I have some time, I'll have a look round.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote  

Completely bogus explanation: but what if Vader told Palpatine about the Son and in some Darth Side Handbook they have an image of the Son, and this Inquisitor was inspired by it, so adopted his markings to match?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Darth Side

Nice touch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote  

The Star Wars tumblr account posted a piece of concept art from the show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

That's not Ryloth, is it? The sharp change in colour from light to dark made me think of it, but I don't think so now.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote  

I'd imagine is the grass planet they're using for the show. I don't remember the name of the planet off hand.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dantooine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 3 of 5