Forces of Destiny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Star Wars Television View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forces of Destiny
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

A series of animated short films called Star Wars: Forces of Destiny that will focus on the female characters of Star Wars - specifically Leia Organa, Padme Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Sabine Wren, Rey, and Jyn Erso - was recently announced at Celebration. The first eight shorts will air this July and another eight will follow in the fall.

The voice cast includes Daisy Ridley as Rey, Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso, Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano, Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren, John Boyega as Finn, Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker, Venessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla, Catherine Taber as Padme Amidala, and Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata. Leia will be voiced by Shelby Young.

I would have rather had these as longer episodes because I will miss having Star Wars on TV when Rebels ends, but because the voice cast is so impressive and the fact that they are canon is enough to get me a little excited about this. Jyn has become one of my favourite "canon" characters and obviously we won't get any stories with her following the events of Rogue One, so I'll take whatever I can get. It's also cool to see 2D animation getting some attention.

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/new-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-animated-shorts-and-toy-line-launching-this-year

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm hoping this paves the way for more 2D shows or even animated home releases. I'm probably most interested in the Rey & Jyn tales. They seem ripe with opportunity.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

MasterAndrew15 wrote:
I'm hoping this paves the way for more 2D shows or even animated home releases.

I was thinking that too! Just seeing Matt Lanter and Ashley Eckstein playing Anakin and (younger) Ahsoka again in something outside Rebels has me hoping that we just might see those unfinished The Clone Wars episodes someday as a home release or something.

(Great to see you again btw, Andrew!)

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote  

I was able to watch one of the shorts at Celebration. They showed a story that took place after Rey found BB8 but before they made it back to her AT-AT home. It was kind of neat. The animation is fine, the voice work is great, and it's a small self-contained story.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I was able to watch one of the shorts at Celebration. They showed a story that took place after Rey found BB8 but before they made it back to her AT-AT home.

Aw, man. Does this mean that when I do a marathon, I have to pause TFA when Rey finds BB-8, watch a short film, and then keep going? Razz

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Star Wars Television

Page 1 of 1