Anakin Solo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anakin Solo
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just realized the horrible fact that Anakin Solo did not have a topic! Surprised He's my favorite character, to be sure!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, he's my favorite character too but I didn't know what to say about him so I haven't started it.

Anyway, I just got hold of the Junior Jedi Knights series and will be reading that in the next week (things have been busier lately than I expected.) I really just want to know what Anakin sees in the cave on Dagobah (NO ONE tell me!! Smile)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I haven't read the JJK or YJK series, but I really want to. First, though, DN and LOTF!!!

I loved the two Edge of Victory books in NJO. It progressed his character so much, and positively. Shame he had to go and die in SBS. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MizzeeOH wrote:
I haven't read the JJK or YJK series, but I really want to. First, though, DN and LOTF!!!

I loved the two Edge of Victory books in NJO. It progressed his character so much, and positively. Shame he had to go and die in SBS. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Those two books got me into Star Wars because of the character; then he was killed off and I was "severely" hurt (Smile). Also, Anakin only makes a few appearances in YJK; YJK is more his siblings, and the Jacen in that is nothing like what he is in Dark Nest or LotF.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I finally got all the JJK books together a few months ago and managed to read them. Terrible they were not, though great they were not either. But if you want to read about Anakin, they were good. And I loved Anakin. I'm still in denial at times that he's left us. *sniff*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

"I witnessed the death of perhaps the greatest of them all, the one called Anakin Solo, who gave his life so that the ones he loved might live."

A great quote from Nom Anor about the awesome Anakin Solo. Even if he didn't mean it. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I loved that quote! Very Happy Made me so proud of Anakin . . .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just love how many times Nom Anor tried to kill the kid then ends up preaching the kid as a savior. Nom Anor was hilarious throughout the NJO series because he never really succeeded and went from bad to worst Smile I don't know what Anakin would think of Nom Anor preaching about him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

He's my favourite EU character. EU hasn't been the same since SbS, it has been a much poorer place. Ben or any other character can't replace Anakin. One could say that they shouldn't, but EU needs a character like Anakin, who was a pure hero. We have enough angsty anti-heros already.

A Return
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Was anyone else terrified by the Anakin Sal-Solo bot in Betrayal? I saw it as a foreshadowing. The NJO writers killed him (sorry Troy, but ya botched it), but they set themselves up to bring him back. They killed him in a cloning facility. That kills me inside. We haven't seen a force ghost yet (I think the one in Traitor was from Vergere). That scares me too. I loved that kid. He was the best character the EU had, and he was very developed compared to his siblings (at least in the NJO he was). They killed him and they won't let him die. They've kept him alive through flow-walking, a bot, and a star destroyer. I'm just afraid that they'll go for a ridiculously corny ressurection or that they just won't ever let him die. Personally, I think a novel with Anakin in it would be cool, but maybe as a early story, or perhaps just a short story set between the Edge of Victory duology and Star By Star to keep his fan base alive and calm (I don't know about you guys, but I was pissed when Lucas had them kill him. Does he really think we aren't smart enough to handle 2 Anakin storylines?). I don't know, what about anyone else?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote  

It definitely stunned me when it happened, but now that time has passed I'm fine with it. He could have been the next Luke, but now will just have to wait for Ben to grow up. What really shocked me was finding out that Lucas didn't even read the EU books and here he was making decisions about it when he knew nothing about it and had no emotional attachment to it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to say that I'm not satisfied with Ben. Why would I be? I read books about Anakin and his siblings for years and years, and now I should just be happy that a new kid on the block with a cooler last name will take their place? Doesn't going to happen. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Rouge77 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anakin Sal-Solo was weird for me and I thought the exchange with Ben was even weirder. However, I think they should let him rest but after one last appearance that really does put an end to his character (no, don't kill a Force ghost of him!) I do think Anakin made an appearance in Traitor, because of the way Jacen and the Anakin interacted, but the missing lightsaber and the appearance of Vergere a few hours later could mean it was a ghost but who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If u ask me--Solo is waaay cooler than any Skywalker ever could be Rolling Eyes .
Anakin was like the one who was always supposed to live....as in the New Hope and that kinda thing.
And No Force Ghost is one BIG SHOCKER.(though it does increase the mystic level of SWs...

Qui Gon Jinn apparently learned to contact from the dead....just curious wat wud ppls reaction be if Anakin came back like that--a Force ghost that guides....I got no idea in my mind r8 now=c////oh yeah tahiri...but if he wanted to guide tahiri--he shudve done it Ages ago.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like to think that Anakin is a full piece of the Force now. He doesn't even need to come back as a ghost cause he's just that far into the Force. Hopefully the authors write a book about him eventually. One set maybe during the early Vong war or maybe some other time like that. Just something to think about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 9