The Best Expanded Universe Character Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Can I abstain? Is that allowed? Okay...for NJO Jacen, for post-Anakin Solo Jacen, for Let's Make the Fans Happy Again Before They Kill Us Jacen, for The Unifying Force Jacen...for that I will give him my vote.

However, for Mara's death Jacen...we will never forgive, and we will never forget. Evil or Very Mad

Jacen was Jacen until about half-way through DN when he started down that irrevocable turn.

That's what my vote was for.

I'd say he wasn't Jacen in anything after TUF. There's apparently quite a bit of character development we were never privy to, which is a rather curious choice. Unearned, really.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
Can I abstain? Is that allowed? Okay...for NJO Jacen, for post-Anakin Solo Jacen, for Let's Make the Fans Happy Again Before They Kill Us Jacen, for The Unifying Force Jacen...for that I will give him my vote.

However, for Mara's death Jacen...we will never forgive, and we will never forget. Evil or Very Mad

Jacen was Jacen until about half-way through DN when he started down that irrevocable turn.

That's what my vote was for.

I'd say he wasn't Jacen in anything after TUF. There's apparently quite a bit of character development we were never privy to, which is a rather curious choice. Unearned, really.

Eh. Parts were still there. The occasional bad joke. Hooking up with Tenel, still caring about the Jedi and his family. May not have lasted half the trilogy, but it started out as "ok, Jacen's acting weird" and eventually became "ok, who the heck is this?"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll say Jacen. But I have mixed feelings, Alema was great in NJO, and I didn't mind her as a villain in LOTF. Both characters had rough falls from grace, but I think Jacen's was better.

So yea, Jacen.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jacen Solo wins 14-1

Round 1, Match 24:

Isolder

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Isolder

or

Cronal

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cronal

I'm definitely going with Cronal aka Shadowspawn aka Blackhole. He might be my favourite EU villain. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote  

Cronal. I loved what Stover did with him. Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor is still my all time favorite Star Wars book.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor was one of my least favourite Star Wars books, actually.

Isolder was pretty cool, especially in his NJO appearances. So I'll go with him.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Cronal.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cronal. Isolder had some interesting moments but overall I thought Cronal's moments were way cooler.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I vote Isolder.

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor is one of my least favorite SW novels as well (and next in line for my reread of the EU - yay?), and I was rather unimpressed with Cronal (I barely even remember him). Isolder isn't anywhere near a favorite of mine, but at least he made an impression.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to ask, why is LSATSOM people's least favourite EU novel?

I admit, its not in my top 5, but its pretty good IMHO. Just wondering what the reasons are.

I'm torn, but going to go with Cronal.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:

I admit, its not in my top 5, but its pretty good IMHO. Just wondering what the reasons are.

Actually its split down the middle, but the main camps are that there are those who adore the heck out of it and consider it one of the best vs those who think its crap.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:

I barely remember it, but I remember not finding it very interesting. Maybe it will improve on the reread.

ETA: And it's a Matthew Stover novel, but nowhere near as good as his other ones.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I wasn't the least bit impressed with Shadows of Mindor. It wasn't bad, but I remember absolutely nothing special about it. And Cronal I can't even recall other than that he was on the cover.

Isolder, on the other hand, I actually like. Besides the fact that he tried to steal Leia from Han...! But we'll overlook that. So...Isolder.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wasn't the least bit impressed with Shadows of Mindor. It wasn't bad, but I remember absolutely nothing special about it. And Cronal I can't even recall other than that he was on the cover.

Isolder, on the other hand, I actually like. Besides the fact that he tried to steal Leia from Han...! But we'll overlook that. So...Isolder.

Don't forget that Isolder tried to get Jaina to marry him too!

I'm surprised that you didn't like Mindor. We seem to tend to like the same books and I think Mindor is one of my favorite.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Haven't a clue how I'm voting for this; neither particularly stand out.

*Flips a coin*

*Dislikes the turn out, flips again*

Isolder.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 30 of 49