Star Wars Black Friday Sale - Dark Horse - 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars Black Friday Sale - Dark Horse - 2013
 PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote  

Dark Horse Comics will be doing another Black Friday Sale for Star Wars. Here's the press release.

Quote:
STAR WARS BLACK FRIDAY!
DARK HORSE STRIKES BACK!

For 72 hours, Dark Horse Digital will offer 150 single-issue Star Wars comics for $100! A savings of over $300!

November 22, MILWAUKIE, OR—Dark Horse Comics is rocking Black Friday madness with a very exclusive limited offer for its digital-comics readers . . .

Feast your optic sensors on this year’s Black Friday MegaBundle. For one weekend only, you can get over 150 digital Star Wars comics for the crazy-low price of only $100.

Get classics like The Clone Wars, The Old Republic, and all three arcs of Crimson Empire. Get a taste of Brian Wood’s critically acclaimed Star Wars series. Your favorite Sith friends are here too, with Darth Maul and Darth Vader series, plus the latest series, Lost Tribe of the Sith. Your favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is here, plus the Imperial spy comic Agent of the Empire. Go back in time to the origins of the Jedi in Dawn of the Jedi, travel to hundreds of years after the films end with Legacy, and more!

Over 3,500 pages of Star Wars goodness! This sale goes live at midnight (PST), Friday, November 29, and runs through midnight, Sunday, December 1.

Get this MegaBundle here: http://goo.gl/bZwZpM, before Chewie punches it, and it jumps to hyperspace!

The free Dark Horse Digital comics app is now available worldwide through all modern web browsers and features cloud storage in both the Android and iOS apps.

Stop by Dark Horse Digital and get all the Star Wars comics you could want and more!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The problem with that is that Dark Horse's digital lineup has gone the stupidly-insane route of keeping its own in-house app rather than join the rest of the publishing companies over at Comixology.

There would be so many Dark Horse series that I would read if I could buy them conveniently. But alas, they choose to keep their broken app.

EDIT: Admittedly, though, that's an amazing price. It sounds like you would need to buy the entire bundle though, and what if you have m/any of those already? But Comixology never gets that cheap.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote  

I don't read digital comics (I still prefer print), just figured I'd share it since it's out there.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I don't read digital comics (I still prefer print), just figured I'd share it since it's out there.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers hard copies of things when possible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers hard copies of things when possible.

I have the same preference, but digital is great for back-issues. I have a few hundred digital Marvel books, because it's significantly cheaper and easier to collect entire runs that way.

And Marvel often has sales. I just completed my run of Realm of Kings (an event that tied in Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy a couple of years ago) because Marvel all the tie-in books at 99 cents each.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1