Hello there
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

@ Life and Ben: Thank you! I have missed you all, as well. I think I will be around for the foreseeable future. Great to hear from everyone. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
As long as you're not the dude that posted that stupid sexist article, we're cool.

No, I'm not that dude. But if I was, I'd expect us to be cool anyway. This isn't a forum for people who feel like holding grudges. People make mistakes and I give second chances. If said "dude" did ever want to post on here, I'd expect him to be treated the same way you treat any other member.

I guess in the interest of fairness I'll lay my cards out and say exactly what I meant. In your post you talked about some issues that resulted in negativity towards the EUC. several members were confused by the vagueness of that statement and did not know to what you were referring.

I brought up that article because of that, but also because EUC removed that article. I understand that was their way of dealing with the controversy, and I agree that it was in the interest of trying to move on, but now if it is ever brought up again people are unable to go back and see for themselves what it was about. They have to rely on third party information, which frankly was not positive towards EUC, and that is all around an unfortunate situation.

Overall the issue is about transparency, and for equally positive as negative reasons I would like to see a better line of communication between the staff at EUC and the forums. I know several members here that are site contributors, and there are several contributors who I have no idea whether they are members here or not.

On the main site there are comments sections to discuss the articles but they are entirely separated from any article discussions that may or may not occur on the forums. I think it would be better to have the forum be more ingrained with the site because there are a lot of great articles that never get mentioned or discussed on here.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

Page 2 of 2