Star Wars: Assault Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:

I have yet to find a good defense against 5 Tuskens or Gammoreans. Both of those are my weakness. Only Han can one shot them, but then there are 4 more that pound me. Got any advice on how to handle them best?

To clarify you mean a group of 5 enemies not a single tier 5 Tusken or Gammorean right? Operating on the assumption that you mean a group of 5 here are my suggestions:

I'd say having a hero with an AOE ability (Leia, Gotals, Bossk etc.) is what you need. They hit 3 enemies and if they're leveled high enough can 1 shot the weak ones. The trick is managing the ability charge so that you don't waste it on a group you could have killed without the AOE.

Leia is perhaps the most flexible as you can select which 3 enemies to fire on (so you can choose to kill the weakest 3 enemies and isolate the strongest one). The catch is she has a really large charge time of 5 bars so against multiple waves you'll likely be caught short.

Gotals, especially at higher levels, are pretty decent. They have a short charge time of 3 bars so their AOE will likely be ready for multiple waves. The catch is that Gotals do less than 100% of your base attack damage and rely on DOT so you may be forced to tank damage until the DOT either kills the enemy or weakens them enough for your heroes to kill them. Assuming that you couldn't 1 shot the enemies you'd have to tank the damage anyway so the DOT will probably help out a lot here. Also you can't select targets individually which makes the ability slightly less flexible than Leias.

Bossk's AOE ability, at Tier 4, does 100% of his base damage which means right up front you can weaken and/or kill enemies if his base damage is high enough to 1 shot enemies. He also gets 2 turns so if you plan strategically you can use his ability or make a regular attack and then use another heroes ability (or make 2 attacks). The catch is that his accuracy can be iffy and if it doesn't play out in your favor might leave you even more vulnerable. Also since his ability isn't DOT if he can't 1 shot them you at best wounded the enemy but if that isn't enough to kill the enemy in the next pass you'd probably have been better off with a Gotal's DOT (unless your Gotal is heavily underleveled).

Also what I've done is I use Han to 1 shot a weak enemy with his regular attack and then when my next hero is up use Han's ability to 1 shot a more powerful enemy.

Currently my set up is Han, Leia, Luke, Bossk. Han because he currently does the largest damage in my group and I want his ability charging as fast as I can. Leia next to give her ability as many times to charge as possible. Luke because he's mostly there to tank and does less damage than Han or Leia, Bossk because his 2 turns can pay dividends at the end of my turn (played right I can use his first turn to use another heroes ability and then have him attack for his second turn) and as the final guy if his attack miss both turns he's in a position for that to have the smallest negative impact on my survival.

EDIT:

Regarding training items: I found that a complete set is just any three in numerical order. So a combo of weapon 2, 3, 4 training items counts too (you get more bonus XP than a combo of 1, 2, 3 because higher level training items are involved; either combo though is worth it). I haven't tested whether a combo of 1, 2, 3, 4 also works but I suspect that it does.

I haven't tested whether order makes a difference (ie 3, 2, 1 registers the extra XP and I'd assume 1, 2, 3 would as well but I don't know whether 3, 1, 2 or 2, 1, 3 would also count; I see no reason it wouldn't but hey you never know so just be careful and make sure you've gotten the bonus XP before hitting the train button)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

My current setup: I switch out between Chewie (level 15, Tier 3), R2 (level 13, Tier 3), and Gotal (level 11, Tier 3) depending on what type of enemies I expect to encounter. The other three are Han (level 13, Tier 3), Leia (level 15, Tier 3), and Luke (level 15, Tier 3). I also have a 3PO (level 11, Tier 3) that I may use on ocassion. My goal right now is to level all 7 up to 15 and then promote them to Tier 4 before I start playing the missions again. I've played the first mission through on Epic and then up to the first Mos Espa mission. Right now my characters are too weak to get through the Mos Espa missions.

Yes, I was talking about 5 Tuskens vs. Tier 5 Tuskens. I've found having Chewie in there to take the beatdown while Leia and Han charge up works best for me. Once the Gotal is leveled up higher I may swap him inplace of Chewie. The Gotal does have pretty high HP, so he should last a few rounds.

Once I have my characters all leveled up I may go try the Arena some more. Having not played the Arena in a while my rank should be low enough that I should be able to win enough for a crate or two. The key is not to hold on to a lot of bounties because your chances of having them stolen is very high.

I found also that some of the "daily" special missions are too powerful for my characters. For example, the Armor training Silver medal medal for 6 energy was too powerful, but I could do some of the other 6 energy missions (Credit Run, Mech, Weapons) with 2-3 characters left standing. It was tempting to "Revive", but I resisted when I saw that it costs 4 gems.

As for the "sets" of training items I've done the 1, 2, 3 and it does work well. I'll try the 1-4 the next time I pick up a tier 4 item.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote  

to add with the sets I've found if you have a set (2, 3, 4 for example) if you throw in an extra (such as 2, 2, 3, 4) that buffs your extra XP further. I haven't figured out whether it works with (2, 3, 3, 4 or 2, 3, 4, 4 for example) but I would assume that combo would work as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

When working on "Training Up" your heros, it is vital to do the "Credit Run" missions as much as possible on the day those are available! I'm already almost out of credits and I still have a couple heros to "train" up to level 15. I think I started the week out with about 8K+ credits and got down to only about 200 this morning. Ack!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:
When working on "Training Up" your heros, it is vital to do the "Credit Run" missions as much as possible on the day those are available! I'm already almost out of credits and I still have a couple heros to "train" up to level 15. I think I started the week out with about 8K+ credits and got down to only about 200 this morning. Ack!

I don't know how many heroes you have idling waiting to be promoted but I've found an effective way to earn credits when I run low is to run the regular promotion missions (the ones not tied to the daily theme). If I get a promotion item I need that's great, if I get promotion items I don't need I sell them. The tier 1-2 usually go for 100-200 credits each. Because at least some of the stuff I need seems to have absurdly low drop rates I usually end up with quite a bit of credits. Since the regular promotion missions are only 4 energy you can also run quite a few of them too.

Granted that does decrease how much your heroes you run missions with can benefit when the daily missions that drop items that are related to their affinities. But it is at least a way to earn credits and also free up some inventory space if you get that last promotion item you needed to promote a hero.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote  

So in case you guys haven't seen there's a special mission that lasts for 10 days during which you can construct IG-88 (you'll need 16 free inventory slots for all the parts you need to collect). Given that droids do damage to beasts and there aren't a whole heck of a lot of droid heroes out there it's probably worth giving the missions a go. (I suspect you'll need to run the mission at the highest difficulty to get the high tier parts you need so you'll probably want high level tier 3 heroes at the minimum).

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Does this require the IG-88 card to begin with?

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Does this require the IG-88 card to begin with?

No the first time you do the quest you should get a tier 1 IG-88 chassis card (ready to promote you don't have to worry about training the chassis too). After that each time you run the mission it gives you parts you need to promote/assemble IG-88. (What parts you get seem to be randomly generated so you may end up with more parts of a type than you need which you can just sell for a decent amount of credits).

You also seem to have a chance of getting various heroes (I got a Tier 3 katarn once) and training items.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ah okay. I got an IG-88 from the arena. Does this quest help level up the card I'd have or is it to build?

Either way it's a great way to give players a chance at new cards!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Ah okay. I got an IG-88 from the arena. Does this quest help level up the card I'd have or is it to build?

Either way it's a great way to give players a chance at new cards!

To my knowledge it isn't more efficient than collecting training items running normal training missions if you already have him (I guess you could cannibalize the weaker one but it's a lot of effort to do that). That being said I haven't tried to see whether the various parts give him more bonus XP than you'd get with training items.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hmm, okay. I might play around with the app later tonight.

Thanks! Smile

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
Hmm, okay. I might play around with the app later tonight.

Thanks! Smile

I did check and the parts you need to build IG-88 don't give him extra XP (you get similar XP from what you'd receive using training items that aren't one of his affinities).

On a more interesting note it 4-LOM and Zuckuss are both enemies on that mission. 4-LOM seems a poorly designed hero as his special ability causes 50% of his base damage to be done to himself.

Zuckuss seems to have some potential as his ability is an AOE (like a grenade) that prevents affected enemies from going for 1 turn (presumably how many turns they are denied increases with Tier). I kinda think that might have a little more potential than Luke's ability since it would work regardless of whether the target is melee or blaster.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I did check and the parts you need to build IG-88 don't give him extra XP (you get similar XP from what you'd receive using training items that aren't one of his affinities).

Gotcha. Good to know.

I played a bit more today, definitely agree that credit runs are a must. I might be a bit hampered until the next one.

I'm struggling to find the best strategy for leveling up cards. At first I was trying just to work on my main 4, but I'm finding that besides Han and Leia I tend to mix the group up. Maybe one I get Luke leveled more I'll keep him around.

I haven't been spending time on R2 or 3PO. Are either worth it? I have IG-88 for a droid in my group. I tend to use some combo of Chewie, Luke, or a savrip along with Han and Leia.

Also, what's this new allies thing on missions?

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:

I haven't been spending time on R2 or 3PO. Are either worth it? I have IG-88 for a droid in my group. I tend to use some combo of Chewie, Luke, or a savrip along with Han and Leia.

As far as I can tell R2 has the same health and base damage stats as IG-88. So unless you want to swap R2 in for his ability against droids you're probably good sticking with IG-88

3P0 is, IMO, not worth it since his attack only lowers enemy accuracy but doesn't physically hurt them. While there can be value in having a chance to miss I think having a hero that can kill an enemy is better (their accuracy doesn't matter if they're dead and all).

As for leveling heroes I'd say look at their affinities and try to plan them out so that each hero has one affinity that none of the others do so you can focus on leveling that hero when their daily mission comes up (smuggler weekly etc.)

Quote:
Also, what's this new allies thing on missions?

No idea. Maybe it relates to story missions?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

No idea. Maybe it relates to story missions?

Yeah, I've been replaying the Kashyyyk missions to get higher rank on the levels. And now I can pick another player to "help me". Basically I can pick one of three cards randomly selected from other players as a 5th member to my team.

As far as I can tell R2 has the same health and base damage stats as IG-88. So unless you want to swap R2 in for his ability against droids you're probably good sticking with IG-88

Good to know. Thanks!

- Walter Bishop

Page 2 of 4