Star Wars: Assault Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

but it would not allow me because you have to have 3PO on your team for certain missions).

Crud. I haven't leveled my 3PO at all. What level mission is it?

Q: At what "level" does a tier 4 character promote to tier 5? All of my T4 characters are level 15 and Chewie is at level 17.

I don't know the number but it should say on the card in the training menu.

Q: Are Probot's worth leveling up to Tier 4? How about Savrips? And I just got a T2 Tusken...should I train him up?

I love my savrip as far as beasts go. I like having at least one card in every "class" type. I recently picked up a T3 spider that I might level up eventually as well. For a Droid I have IG88.

I haven't played past the Tatooine missions yet.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote  

Skywalker2B wrote:

Q: At what "level" does a tier 4 character promote to tier 5? All of my T4 characters are level 15 and Chewie is at level 17.

Level 25; Tier 5 heroes cap at level 35. For heroes like Han, Leia, Luke, and Boba 1 of the 3 promotion items they require can only be found in hero (gem) and arena crates. (named heroes like Bossk and IG-88 seem to be exceptions). That effectively caps those heroes at Tier 4 unless you pay gems or get lucky in a crate drop.

Quote:
Q: Are Probot's worth leveling up to Tier 4? How about Savrips? And I just got a T2 Tusken...should I train him up?

I believe Probots have base damage that rivals or exceeds Han's (and he's among the highest base damage heroes I've found). If you have trouble with beasts that'll make probots especially powerful.

Tuskens might be useful if you need a melee hero. Their dodge ability I think would blend best with a team combo that focuses on being hard to kill (3P0 would be very useful in such a group since, in theory, he could make your heroes unhittable)

Quote:
I love my savrip as far as beasts go.

I believe savrips are actually classified as humanoids as they do damage to droids and I don't believe droids like IG-88 do extra damage to them. (They basically set it up rock, paper, scissors: beasts do extra damage to humanoids, humanoids do extra damage to droids, and droids do extra damage to beasts).

Quote:
Crud. I haven't leveled my 3PO at all. What level mission is it?

3P0 is necessary for the Coruscant missions (R2 is required for a few too I believe) and for at least 1 of the Death Squadron missions. While the Coruscant missions can be done with a Tier 3 3P0 if the rest of your team is Tier 4 the Death Squadron missions will require 3P0 and R2 to be Tier 4 to have a shot at passing.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

1 of the 3 promotion items they require can only be found in hero (gem) and arena crates.

Boo.

3P0 is necessary for the Coruscant missions (R2 is required for a few too I believe) and for at least 1 of the Death Squadron missions. While the Coruscant missions can be done with a Tier 3 3P0 if the rest of your team is Tier 4 the Death Squadron missions will require 3P0 and R2 to be Tier 4 to have a shot at passing.

Double boo. I guess I should start leveling them up.... Thanks for the heads up!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote  

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
1 of the 3 promotion items they require can only be found in hero (gem) and arena crates.

Boo.

So that may have to be revised as when I was running smuggler promotion missions during the smuggler weekly mission set I got the item to promote Han to tier 5 that, in theory, should only come from hero/arena crates (unfortunately I wasn't able to get the final item I needed, curse you random loot generator).

Anyway it appears that there is either a bug that is allowing these items to drop in missions or the descriptive text is incorrect.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Well, I think like they did with the previous Force Commander game, the developers are always making tweaks to the game. From what I'm hearing, you should be able to play the game without having to drop $$$, but the $$$ will help you to advance much quicker.

I'm moving along quite slowly recently. I have Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, R2, Gotal, and now Probot at Tier 4 Lvl 17. I have a 3PO maxed at Tier 3 just waiting to get the Tier 4 promotion item. Once I get that and lvl him up past lvl 10 or so, I'll continue on with the Coruscant missions.

I'm also working on a Tier 2 Savrip and Tusken.

I really like that at Tier 4 missions they allow you to bring a 5th character!

So far I'm enjoying this game and look forward to the new stuff the devs put out there.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The story mode let's you take a 5th character at any level. I'm not sure about other missions.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The Promotion item missions are pissing me off. I keep getting the same items over and over again and not the one I actually need to level up my characters..

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote  

Werehunter wrote:
The Promotion item missions are pissing me off. I keep getting the same items over and over again and not the one I actually need to level up my characters..

Yeah that's happened to me too. If you're so inclined you could use the link to e-mail support (under the "help & options" menu) to let them know that the drop rate for whatever item you're looking for may be bugged or otherwise too low.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote  

Below is an updated list of the heroes I've found and their abilities:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Page 4 of 4