Visceral Games Star Wars project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Visceral Games Star Wars project
 PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is pretty old news but there hasn't been a thread yet as far as I'm aware. With the acquisition of the Star Wars game rights it doesn't seem like EA are wasting time with their development of new Star Wars games. Almost immediately after rights were secured the long awaited Battlefront sequel was announced, being developed as we speak by EA's premier FPS studio Dice (Battlefield).

As if that wasn't enough to get excited about, Visceral Games (Dead Space), another EA stable, have poached the creative director and lead artist of the Uncharted series to helm a new Star Wars project.

Anyone who has played the Uncharted games can tell you that they really are something special, I for one am extremely excited to see what Amy and Visceral can deliver in the galaxy far far away!

More details on this game are expected to be shown off at E3 (June 10-12).

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote  

the only concern I could see with that is the snafu of BF4's release. The last thing we need is to kill a game like Battlefront or give the Star Wars label in general a bad rap because of EA releasing games that really should've been given a few more months.

That being said I do like that DICE is going to be working on Battlefront, it always felt that LA was a step or two behind what DICE was doing in the Battlefield series when they made Battlefront I & II.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

While I'd agree that there were certainly issues with the launch of BF4, I do feel that that was down to factors that almost certainly won't affect the release of Battlefront. This doesn't excuse EA in any way but with the BF4 release in particular they were under huge pressure to not only release alongside and compete with COD, but also be there in time for the launch of PS4 and XB1. I don't think that Battlefront will be released as direct competition to COD.

Although somewhat down to personal opinion, the product now is far greater than that of the competition, however had they waited a few months to get things right a lot of their customers would have already opted for COD and a lot of sales would have been lost as a result. Again this does not excuse the business practice of selling an unfinished/broken product, but I do understand why they made that call.

Like I said though, I am hopeful that Battlefront won't fall into those pitfalls (surely lessons are learned?). I think the worst thing they could do at this point is slap a release date on it.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote  

They're also suppose to show more of Star Wars: Battlefront at E3 this year.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Page 1 of 1