Tarkin by James Luceno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It will be interesting to see if they'll bring over Daala. Her back story with Tarkin was one of the few things I liked about her, and if they do then we may get a better understanding of the data mining they'll be doing from the old EU.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm very curious as to the "time" this is supposed to take place.

I hope they release more info soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote  

Oh no. I forgot about Daala. Ewww, just the thought of those Daala-Tarkin love scenes.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I was gunna say, Daala/Tarkin was an instant "blah!" on her character forever.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

A thought
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

What I am wondering is if this book will bring in a lot of new potential story lines. I think with all the connection points in Darth P, this book could created a lot of new "canon". Could be quite interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm going to enjoy Darth Plagueis not being canon for as long as possible. And I really hope it stays that way. Razz

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Hater.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love Darths. Which is why I am picky about them. :p

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There were so many that hated Plagueis, I loved it. Really added the the films and created a great character as well as expanding Sidious. I keep seeing a lot of people merely finding Plagueis too alien to relate to, is that it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I loved the character of Plagueis. I really enjoyed the first 2 parts of the novel. Palps beginning was brilliant! The politics didn't bother me either. I like that kind of stuff. I hate, hate, hate, that Plagueis was alive during TPM and that he basically did all of Palps' planning for him.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I loved the character of Plagueis. I really enjoyed the first 2 parts of the novel. Palps beginning was brilliant! The politics didn't bother me either. I like that kind of stuff. I hate, hate, hate, that Plagueis was alive during TPM and that he basically did all of Palps' planning for him.

See I thought that was brilliant because it revealed that Palpatine basically manipulated him into setting everything up. He had figured out long before that Plagueis's obsession with immortality would be a liability so he used his money and connections and then kicked him aside.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't get that out of the novel, personally. i know Palps went on that whole speech at the end but I didn't think that was proof enough that Palps was in control. Of course that's what Palps would say. He was trash talking. Even if what you say was what Luceno intended, I thought it was weak. But to each his own.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I didn't get that out of the novel, personally. i know Palps went on that whole speech at the end but I didn't think that was proof enough that Palps was in control. Of course that's what Palps would say. He was trash talking. Even if what you say was what Luceno intended, I thought it was weak. But to each his own.

Fair enough. I know a few others who dislike it as well, not surprising. I just like discussing it lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote  

Star Wars Books revealed the back cover (art by David Smit)

Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152504799808713&set=a.414408798712.177165.67519418712&type=1

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That is glorious, I love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 4