The EUCantina Forums
These are the forums of the EUCantina website.
The EUCantina Moderation Team:
(Please note that the staff members are not employees. They are all volunteers maintaining the forums in their spare time, so please take this into consideration when you contact them. Sometimes it can take some time before you get a reply.)
Son Of Skywalker (Administrator)
Old Master Ben (Administrator)
Darth Skuldren (Moderator)
Salaris Vorn (Moderator)
The EUCantina forum is a friendly community where everyone should be able to feel at home. To keep it this way, some rules have proven necessary. Please keep them in mind for everyone's well-being when posting here:
General Forum Rules:
Posts made in "chatspeak" will not be accepted on the boards. This is a forum, not an instant messenger. Please make an effort to use proper English. We are aware that this is an international forum where not everyone speaks English as their native language. Everyone can make grammar and spelling mistakes, and nobody should pick on you for that. However, chatspeak is a deliberate choice and not a mistake or lack of language skill. Members who post in chatspeak will be asked to change their posting habits and, if they do not remedy the situation, may see their posts edited/deleted at moderators' discretion. Please refrain from posting messages in all caps.
You cannot, in any way, insult ("flame") someone else on the board. Flaming includes, but is not limited to, calling people names, insulting them, or saying offensive things to them.
2. Inappropriate Language
Refrain from using profanity in your posts. Basically, let the censor do its job. Don't attempt to undermine it. Also, please refrain from any sexual references unless you are in the Cantina, and are discussing it with relevance.
Spamming is strictly prohibited. Your post needs to contribute to the discussion or the topic.
* Do not post messages that are irrelevant to the topic. This is spamming and is prohibited. Your posts should contribute to the thread.
* You should not be able to look up at your screen and see that the majority of topics or messages on a page were just created or posted by you.
* Chatting is speaking in a light, familiar way and includes informal talk or one sentence posts like “I agree.” Chatting is considered spamming and will be dealt with accordingly in the EUCantina boards. However, it will be tolerated to a limited extent in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Please remember that Off-Topic forums are for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion. The staff will lock blatantly spammy threads at their discretion.
Please do not make posts simply to move the topic back up to the top of the forum. This is called "bumping," and is not allowed. If people have something relevant to post on that topic, they will. Please be patient when waiting for replies. Don't worry if you don't get a response right away. People around here are helpful and friendly, and if someone knows the answer to something, they'll let you know.
5. Post Count
You may not post threads about the amount of posts, post status, or rank that you or a fellow member has. Also, you may not spam to increase your post count.
6. Illegal Material
Do not post links to sites that contain illegal material or discuss where to obtain illegal material (i.e. where to get illegal MP3s). Do not post magazine scans and other copyrighted material. This is prohibited. Discussions about how to perform activities that are illegal in the US are also prohibited.
7. Obscene Material
You may not post obscene material. This includes text and/or images that are violent, disturbing, or pornographic.
Please do not make posts or threads about other websites in an effort to direct traffic to them. This generally is not tolerated on any of the forums here. You may include links in your signature (subject to normal sig rules), but you may not advertise in your posts. The only exception to this rule is within the Do You Have a Star Wars Website? thread. No other advertising will be permitted.
You may not spam the Private Message (PM) mailboxes of other members.
Commercial advertisement for products or services you are trying to sell is strictly prohibited.
9. User Names
Do not duplicate anybody's nickname, avatar, and/or signatures. Make or find your own. You may not take the name of someone outside the community, such as names or nicknames of game developers, moderators of other communities, and so on. It is strictly prohibited to impersonate someone else. Avatars may be repeated if they are from our avatar gallery.
10. General Posting Habits
1. Threads and posts must be placed in their appropriate forums: check out the appropriate forum description before posting your message.
2. Before posting a new topic, do a search to see if there is already a recent thread on the subject. If there is already a thread similar to what you’d like to post, feel free to read it and post a reply in the existing thread. Note that sometimes the search function is disabled, so do your best without it. If you can find no suitable thread that has received new posts within the past few weeks, you may post your own. Please do not revive threads that have not had any activity for months or years this way.
3. Be specific when you name your topic. This will aid in topic searches and help prevent someone from posting something you already have.
4. Try to stay on topic. Discussion is a good thing and is encouraged, but if what you have to say deviates a lot from the topic, do not post it in that thread. Consider starting your own thread instead. This is a matter of respect to the thread starter.
5. If you want to add something to a thread that you have recently posted in, and no one else have made any new posts in it, edit your last post in the thread instead of creating a new one. If several days have passed where no one has posted anything and you have something rather substantial to add to the thread, you may make a new post instead.
11. Editing/Deleting Moderator Warnings
If a moderator edits one of your posts, do not erase or re-edit that post unless you have the permission of the moderator. If you disagree with a warning or disciplinary measure, do not argue in the thread. Contact either that same moderator or another staff member to discuss the issue and express your concerns.
12. Thread/Post Deletion
The thread deletion feature can only be used by an EUCantina Admin or Moderator. It is only used as a last resort, or used to stop redundancy. Lock Threads are deleted only if they are in a forum for 7 days and are redundant. Posts are deleted only at the discretion of a moderator or administrator and for a serious reason. You can discuss the deletion within our Forum Feedback.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
14. Multiple Accounts
Multiple accounts are not allowed. You must also use a valid email address when registering. If you do not like your current account name, please see the "Name Change" thread. Please note you may change your name only once every 6 months.
15. Moderator Applications
Do not hound current moderators or administrators asking to become a moderator. An application is within Forum Feedback, and the administrators will save your applications.
16. Re-Registration After Ban
You may not re-register after receiving a ban. If you re-register after you are temporarily banned, you will be banned permanently. If you keep re-registering, you will be IP banned. This will be done for the forum and our chat box.
17. E-mail Addresses
For your own privacy and security, do not post your e-mail address in the forums. If you want somebody to contact you personally, then please use the Private Messaging system built into the forums, or turn on the option allowing other users to send you e-mail via your profile.
In compliance with the Child's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we cannot allow any member to join who is 12 or younger. If you are 13 years of age or older, you can join the forums by clicking the "Register" tab on the navigation bar on the top of the forums.
19. VIP Treatment
Here at the EUCantina.net forums, we are lucky enough to have VIPs (Very Important Persons) to the Expanded Universe chat with us from time to time. Whether it be in the VIP Chats forum or just in a regular thread, you are to treat them with the utmost respect. If we find that you are not, we will temporary (or permanently, depending on the offense) ban you. This also applies for how you talk about them. If you flame them, expect to be banned.
Our Grand Rule:
Have fun! The galaxy is big enough for everyone to enjoy!