Marvel 'Star Wars' Ongoing Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvel 'Star Wars' Ongoing Series
 PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote  

Star Wars
Ongoing series
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: John Cassaday
Starting January 2015

Jason Aaron: ďItís very much a team book and weíve got all the main players here. Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, the droids, and Darth Vader all get big moments in this first arc, and thatís our core cast going forward. I do want to be able to use Obi-Wan Kenobi. Iíve always liked the old Ben Kenobi version of Obi-Wan, so we will see him in some capacity.

Story wise, I think our book is driven in some big way by Luke and by the pretty interesting spot we find him in at this period in the timeline. You look at the gap between Episodes IV and V and thereís quite a bit that happens off screen that we get to explore.Ē

Source: StarWars.com

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

These announcements (including the other two Marvel Star Wars comics) sound great!

I love Jason Aaron, Mark Waid, and Kieron Gillen. Aaron did Thor: God of Thunder and is bringing the new female Thor to life. Waid is famous for his work on Daredevil, but also recently did a great run on Indestructible Hulk. Gillen's run on Journey into Mystery was epic, and I'm about to read some of his Iron Man.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I feel like the 3 announcements that were made, go all in the same direction...classic Star Wars. I know they are starting, but still, I find it sad that the past does not count a lot.
They could indeed have one series of classic SW but then also something on EU, create something new, or explore something as a continuation from some novels.

Of course knowing Marvel they will do it as well, on top of the rest. Meaning releasing 4 or 5 different series a month.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Of all the new announcements this intereasts me in the least.

I agree with mephizt on this one. It looks too much like classic Star Wars.

The setting between Ep. IV and V killed this for me. If it's going to be about Luke and friends trying to find a new rebel base, I'm definitely not going to buy this.

I admit, I don't know much about Marvel comics and how their authors hanndle things (the old SW comics being an exception), but for now I remain a sceptic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1