Legacy Of The Force: Invincible Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Some things on the GA
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:02 am Reply with quote  

in response to Aush's above post...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote  

Forgive the double post but this is something I've just come across and now I can't get over it, spoilers about Mandalorians...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote  

Well after being initially distraught after finishing Invinvible I've decided to read it again only this time with much lower expectations and a more astute eye to what exactly it is that let me down. I'm almost at the half way mark again, just touching on Chapter 7 and so far I don't see anything wrong with it, nothing that would have kept it from being a great novel. Thus the problem must still lie ahead.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

You'll find it, Skuldren, I have faith in you.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well after being initially distraught after finishing Invinvible I've decided to read it again only this time with much lower expectations and a more astute eye to what exactly it is that let me down. I'm almost at the half way mark again, just touching on Chapter 7 and so far I don't see anything wrong with it, nothing that would have kept it from being a great novel. Thus the problem must still lie ahead.

Perhaps it was only expectations that were too high that ruined it for you? Remember, the wait was about two and a half months between release dates for Revelation and Invincible. I remember the rampant speculations in this thread shortly after Revelation released, maybe like me, you whipped yourself into a froth and expected a work of art for a finale? Not that it wasn't a great story, it's just that I don't see it as being commemorated as the greatest book of the 21st century!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quote  

Okay, I've nearly finished it again, and I'm really thinking that this is a good book but I just went into it the first time with way too high of expectations. It really does seem to be a good novel. I reserve my final judgement for when I absolutely finish it for the second time. I think I might also have been just a little too critical of how the Mandalorians were handled the first time around. In fact I noticed a lot of things I didn't the first go round. A lot of stuff makes much better sense now and doesn't seem so out of place.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I still think that this series was a mess. I think that they've established an era of peace and that they could now go in other directions again, but I see a return to the days of Bantam Spectra when things were just about random disasters or dark jedi, possibly a rogue imperial general (not that we haven't had enough of that). I don't know, the whole galaxy could take a break for awhile. I'd personally like to see an exploration into the Rakatan Infinite Empire or perhaps the Plagueis novel being revived, maybe even a Sidious novel. A Vergere novel. Anything but another all out galactic war or little tiny spits with people like Nataasi Dallaa was back in the day or Zsni. They're running out of ideas, and they need to explore things in established areas because they're gonna botch the peace between LOTF and the Legacy era storyline with Cade Skywalker. Hopefully they pull themselves out.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The nanvirus is configure to take out anyone with Boba Fett's DNA/gene strand. Fett is Jango's clone, some of the clones/ARCs are still alive, ie. Venku etc. Are they dead now? Or are they all simply exiled like Fett and none of them can return to Mandalore? I wonder if the Mandos might abandoned Mandalore and head elsewhere

One can assume so, yes; Boba and Mirta can never go back, so I would have to assume they might be, unless they were off-planet, which is possible.

For all those upset about Jacen-- No one dies in the Force; besides, the man was a mess. I'm unsure of what the plot holds in store for his death, but I can bet his has something to do with Jacen actually saving Luke; a theory that has formed is that Jacen has saved Luke from the darkness. So, there you go, Jacen fans Very Happy

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Certainly I agree with your defense of Jacen, Son of Skywalker, but I do have to say that I don't like how they wasted him. He was still the most developed character, and they don't have any characters that well developed to take over afterwards. Jaina isn't done enough, and neither is Jag. Ben and Allana are way to underdeveloped, and frankly I'm not a Ben fan. Luke, Leia, and Han are getting kind of old for this sort of thing, and the EU has trapped themselves in a galaxy of peace. Where do they go from here? I know the Millenium Falcon novel reveals a threat to the force itself, but what could that be, a giant space-traveling Ysalamiri? They could go further back, like into the Sith era, but I don't know if they'll do that too much. I really think that we're gonna experience a slow-down in the EU, especially after the VECTOR thing in the comic series is over with.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote  

They could always bring back Waru. He never did die, just warped back to his other galaxy/dimension. Maybe he comes back...

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know, right? And with him come Dengar, Callista, Talon Karrde, and all the other characters we haven't seen in a long time. Plus maybe the ghost of a long dead Sith lord just for good measure. Not mocking you, cause its actually a valid theory considering he was fairly strong and we don't really know what he was.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote  

With all the people who hated Waru though, it's highly unlikely he'll ever return. But he does represent a faction that consumes the Force. The only other thing that I can think of that tried to destroy the Force is Kreia. And if some wacko does decide to destroy the Force there are only two ways to go about it. One, kill all the Sith, Jedi, and non-associated Force sensitives. Two, use some ancient secret weapon capable of wiping the Force out. Though there is a third possibility that I can think of. Zenoma Sekot severed the Vong from the Force. Maybe it could sever everyone from the Force. And that would also bring the Vong and Jedi together.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wasn't overly fond of Waru either, but he could still be made interesting. And I think that if Zonama Sekot stripped everyone of the force to reunite the Vong and Jedi that would be fantastic...except for one thing

The Vong and Jedi still exist in their present state in the Legacy comic series.

The coolest thing about the LOTF series is that it made references to the Legacy comics with the Sith on Korriban and the Sith lightning rod thing. In that era the Vong still exist outside the Force (although some may have figured out how to return, they haven't touched on that yet) and there are still Sith and Jedi beating the living daylights out of each other. I think that the Vong are done until sometime in the Legacy comics or maybe even afterward, because they do come back and start to help undoing the damage they did in the war. Maybe we'll see some of that finally, maybe not, but I'm completely lost on the whole 'threat to the Force itself' thing.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 6 of 9