Rogue One (novelization) by Alexander Freed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue One (novelization) by Alexander Freed
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote  

It was revealed at Star Wars Celebration Europe that Alexander Freed (who wrote Twilight Company) will be writing the novelization for Rogue One. The book will be out in December, however I'm not sure if that just means digitally like TFA was or if the actual physical book will be out in December.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote  

Checked Edelweiss and release date for the hardcover is January 3rd so I'm betting it'll be just like last time.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

There wasn't really much difference between the TFA movie and novel. I wonder if the RO novel will have extra stuff in it to make it worth the time and money?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote  

Finished the Rogue One novelization. This book offers a lot more on the movie. Way better than Alan Dean Foster's TFA novelization. Freed makes sure to give you something extra on every page, whether it's insights into what the characters are thinking, extra backstory or extended scenes. It's definitely worth checking out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: I agree on all points. Freed really builds up the characters and gives them the depth and motivation that the film was lacking. He doesn't really do anything differently, so he has to add inner monologue and such. That helps a ton.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1