What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

haha, well for some weird reason they only made 2 ewoks in the ewoks toy line and 4 dulocks, which were the bad guys on the show. Why they thought kids would rather buy ugly green creatures instead of cuddly ewoks, who knows.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The boy and I picked up that Darth Maul Returns dvd and the Battle Pack with Maul, Savage, and Talzin in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote  

Cad Bane and Aurra Sing guarding the book shelves.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That's a pretty good looking Sing. None of mine have elbow articulation. Or knee for that matter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Picked up a couple V Figs, and others, at a local comicon. Here's our stash.

We got:

Mustatched Rebel AKA. Rebel Commander Hoth Gear. Now I finally have someone to give orders to all my slacker mustacheless Rebel Soldiers.

Nerm Nerm AKA. Han Solo had a gibberish talking alien buddy, so Lando should get one too!

General Crix Madine AKA. The only reason any kid ever got this toy was because their parents waited too long to xmas shop and they were all sold out of ewoks.

The best description I've heard of him was, "When I was a kid I didn't know who this guy was. I always had him be the bad guy because I just assumed that he was some Imperial dude."

For the non SW stuff, there's a couple He Man toys, Captain Planet and we got a bag of mystery toys for 4 bucks that was hilariously worth it, comprising some ridiculous nineties Xmen, not cool racist Native American xmen guy, Spawn toy angel girl, and Pixar Bugs Life toy, some green Star Trek Alien. haha.

Also flippin scweet ten inch Beast!!! Oh and a free SW poster from the 501st.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Me again. I'm a big fan of bootlegs and recasts. This Chewie toy, the one on the right, is a non articulated PVC figure made by Disney in 1990, presumably for their Star Tours gift shop. As you can see it's made from the same mold as the Kenner Chewie. All of the toys in that line were recasts from various previously made toys. In addition to Chewie, they recast a Kenner Stormtrooper, Spain PVC R2D2, C3PO and Wicket, and there was a Vader and Yoda I don't know from what. I don't know if there are any others. I also don't know how they came packaged. This is the only one I have so far.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Picked this up for 5 dollars at Fry's. They're going for at least 25 online.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's weird. Why does it say san diego comic con?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Because it was a Comic-con exclusive. I have no idea why Fry's had it or why it was on clearance, but I dang sure wasn't going to pass it up.

http://www.rebelscum.com/tlcTFUstormcomm.asp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Super happy to finally get a vintage "Tri Logo" Boba Fett, which is now the jewel of my collection.

Here's a couple of Fetts from my collection:

From left, a Kenner made in Hong Kong, Kenner made in Taiwan, and "Tri Logo" on the right.

"Tri Logo" is sort of a misnomer. After ROTJ the SW licensed European toy companies sold their overstock on packages with text in English, French and Spanish. All loose European produced SW toys are usually called "Tri Logo", even if they weren't from that series, because they all look the same.

You can't really tell in the picture but this version is cast in a lighter grey plastic, and has other paint differences, and has the country of origin stamp on the leg removed from the mold as do all the "Tri Logos".

He isn't really rare, but is sought after by variant collectors and I've had few opportunities to get one, especially at a decent price. They should really only be worth $5 to $10 more than a Kenner one in comparable condition. But the popularity of the character typically has retailers charging double value for even a Kenner and I've seen one of these in only slightly better condition sell for like a hundred dollars.

Don't get ripped off! With the exception of a couple early production accessories that were later changed, no out of package standard production vintage SW toy is rare and they should not cost 100 dollars.

This concludes today's History Lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote  

Now you need the rocket firing Boba Fett Very Happy

I need to post some pics, but recently I picked up some of the cantina bar sections that were sold with figures. There are straight sections and curved sections and the hook together so you can recreate the full length bar. They're pretty nice and a great way to display the more articulated figures (since they can be posed to sit on a bar stool).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Me frozen in carbonite!! While not super new it is the item I look at the most!! Got it last year at Disney SW weekends. Has anyone els picked up one of these?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote  

I've heard about them but I've never actually saw one. Do you have pics?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is where she sits:

My best agony face lol
[/spoiler]

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Those Cantina scenes sound cool, I haven't heard of those before.

That You In Carbonite is awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 20 of 23