What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

An impulse buy. I probably haven't bought a Lego set since I was 14. Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've added a few bits and pieces to my collection recently but this weekend I'm...augmenting it.

I'm going to a Comic-Con and one of the big draws for me is Kevin J Anderson, a man whose Star Wars books I never found brilliant but were fun for me at a young age. So I'm taking one of my comic trade paperbacks, the Jedi Academy trilogy, and my micromachines Jedi Search thing and I'll decide what to get signed on the spot.

There are other draws for me like Jeremy Bulloch, but this is probably the more fun one for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ I didn't know there were micromachines for the EU novels. That's actually really cool!

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ I didn't know there were micromachines for the EU novels. That's actually really cool!

They are actually not half bad either! There were 3 really common ones that you can still find used - Truce at Bakura, Jedi Search, and Heir to the Empire.

Then there were 3 that were super limited and hard to find - Dark Apprentice, Dark Force Rising, and The Courtship of Princess Leia. I'm having a hard time finding those last 3 but I'm psyched to get my box for Jedi Search signed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just bought The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary and I've decided to start collecting the visual dictionaries. I'm at a very different place in my life compared to where I was when I first got into Star Wars (e.g. I don't collect action figures anymore, I'm not much of a gamer anymore, and, while I do have interest in checking out the new novels, I won't devour them like I did in high school and new novels are coming out way faster than I'm able to keep up with) and I figure this is a good way to gain supplemental knowledge and hold onto my geek cred.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not even excited about Rogue One, sadly, but I must have the Death Trooper and Scarif Stormtrooper POP! figures...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For Star Wars collecting I've recently gotten the Ahsoka 6" Black Series figure (got it for Christmas) and the Jyn Erso Pop! Vinyl as well as the Pop! for Director Krennic.

I'm actually pretty curious as to how this Rogue One stuff will go. I have....like zero expectations. I don't know if it'll suck or if it'll be fun but I'm ready to dive in and give this whole spinoff thing a shot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Just added these to my collection. So cute!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Funko Pops are cool. I have a couple, non SW.

Can you post the stormtroopers, Mara?
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Love 'em!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Funko Pops are cool. I have a couple, non SW.

Which ones do you have? Just out of curiosity, most of mine are SW but I've dabbled in other Pop figures.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have Giant Titan from Attack On Titan, Dark Souls III red knight, and moss covered and glow in the dark Swamp Thing.

My main collection was Swamp Thing toys, but I have almost everything you can think of so I don't have much to add.

Those micomachines books are really cool. It's great to get oddball stuff like that.

It's been a few years since I got a SW item. The last thing I bought was a mail away promo Anakin Skywalker that they did at the end of the ROTJ line. The baggie was ripped and the guy sent me the wrong mailer, so I had to return it. That kind of soured me on trying to collect baggies and mail aways, and ebay just increased shipping costs so it became no longer economical to order collectable packaging, which was my main interest at the time.

The only thing I'm still interested in is the Comics Spain PVC Ewoks collection. Like most of the things I want, they are too niche. The people who want to buy them and the people who want to sell them are too small to crossover, so they aren't valuable, but are very hard to find.

I think I like them best because they occupy a unique category. They aren't strictly bootleg because they were made and sold retail, but they are unlicensed. Somehow Disney got the molds and reproduced Wicket and the Droids and sold them together with their own original PVC figurines. Naturally, since they just sold them at Disneyland, those ones are easier to find.

I have Yoda, Chewie and C3PO from that set. I'm missing Vader and Stormtrooper. Those are cool because they are almost identical to the vintage figures, like they just copied the design when they sculpted them or somehow made crappy weird casts of them. Of course they aren't articulated, they are just one piece of painted PVC.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There's a Thrawn Pop! He will be the next piece in my collection!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Mara: Good luck, he's online for around $40 consistently and he's hard to find. I've been hunting.

If you find him, though, I'll cheer in glee for you!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

$40 for a "rare" funko pop is pretty normal. These things tend to stabilize so if you wait a little while and 20 dollars sounds reasonable I'm sure that you will be able to get one.

The ones I have were all $40 when they came out and I paid retail price for them afterwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 25 of 27