What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The latest things I bought are The Lost Missions (finally!) and a Star Wars songbook for the guitar. I am learning "Across the Stars" right now.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^^ The song book is a good idea!!! How broad across the Saga are the song selections?

I picked up the some of the 6" black series figures (on clearance at target $9!!) these are pretty cool, I've never done any action figure collecting before, and I need one of you guys to talk me out of opening this Pandor's Box!!! Reep & Dog I know you are our hardcore figure collecting members! Help talk me off this cliff Lol!!!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wait - I haven't bought an action figure in years lol Razz

I would ask yourself how much enjoyment you will get out of them. I almost bought the Black Series figures for Rogue One, but then I realized that a kid would probably get a lot more fun out of them than I would, so I left them. If you think you will get a lot of enjoyment out of them and you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

As for the song book, it spans Episodes I-VII. The songs are:

Across the Stars
Cantina Band
Duel of the Fates
Han Solo and the Princess
The Imperial March Darth Vader's Theme
The Jedi Steps and Finale
May the Force Be with You
Luke and Leia
March of the Resistance
Princess Leia's Theme
Rey's Theme
Star Wars (Main Theme)
Yoda's Theme
The Throne Room (And End Title)

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
^^ The song book is a good idea!!! How broad across the Saga are the song selections?

I picked up the some of the 6" black series figures (on clearance at target $9!!) these are pretty cool, I've never done any action figure collecting before, and I need one of you guys to talk me out of opening this Pandor's Box!!! Reep & Dog I know you are our hardcore figure collecting members! Help talk me off this cliff Lol!!!

There's nothing wrong with collecting toys. They look cool sitting there on the shelf. If you have a man cave or a lady barn you can put them there. I have toys everywhere all over my house.

Just picture their soulless eyes always watching you, staring at you when you are sleeping, everywhere you look.

If you have a spouse or a date they will surely understand that you love your toys more than them. If you have children, they'll understand when you say "We can't go to Disney World this year, kids. I spent all my money on Star Wars toys. You don't get to go to college either. And I'm turning your room into the toy room. You have to go live outside with the dog."

Basically you're going to turn into Gollum from Lord of the Rings, and the men in white coats are going to come and take you away to the funny farm and give all your toys to Star Trek fans who are just going to melt them down for fuel after the apocalypse.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@DPW: Lol it's true, it really is. I have some toys and I have them in a collection. Fortunately for me most of the women I date are into it so it doesn't bother them. I also plan on not having any kids so no more college to pay for once I'm done. It works for me, but yeah a lot of people go at it like crack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol awesome tips! I may be hooked

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I have some toys and I have them in a collection. Fortunately for me most of the women I date are into it

Whoa, let's keep this PG rated, ok?
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

You should see how crazy it gets! I put on the soundtracks and we use the toys to reenact scenes from the movies!

Kidding. That's just when I'm by myself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:

You should see how crazy it gets! I put on the soundtracks and we use the toys to reenact scenes from the movies!

You should totally re-enact the Fireplace Scene from AotC with action figures on a date. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Reep: Oh that's dynamite! If they get the gag they may be perfect for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote  

The Black Series AT-ST finally went on sale at a local Walmart for just $30 so I picked one up. Pretty cool vehicle. Lots of articulation and detail. Definitely worth it if you can find one on sale.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, while my entire SW collection (since 1978) is being sold through a local comics/toys shop, I did have an interesting thing happen recently.

While visiting my brother last weekend (he lives a few states away) I saw that he still had all of my Decipher CCG cards that I had given him years ago to sell for me. He never sold them. So, I recouped them. I had a LOT of the CCG, then their Young Jedi card game (loved to play that one with my daughter), and even the Jedi Knight card game that had all CGI artwork. I'm hoping to be able to sell them, or trade them for something at least.

A friend of mine recently got me into the new Fantasy Flight SW:Destiny card game. Now I'm in for 2 boxes (36 packs each), 2 starters, and multiple single pack purchases. And I've already pre-ordered 1.5 boxes of the upcoming set. *nods* yup, it's a sickness. Wink The kicker is that since I purchased my own cards (vice playing using my friend's decks), I've lost every single game I've played. At what point do I realize that I basically suck at deck building and sell what cards I have?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 26 of 26