Log in to check your private messages
What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 144, 145, 146  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3916
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm trying to work up the effort to read through all the Bantam era books that I've missed, or haven't finished, which includes Children of the Jedi. Since, to my mind, most of the books on the list are sub-par, working up the effort is quite difficult.

The list is thus:

Crispin's Han Solo trilogy
The Lando Calrissian Adventures
The Han Solo Adventures
Death Star (not actually Bantam, but I'm including it anyway, for completeness)
Star Wars Galaxies
Bounty Hunter Wars
Tatooine Ghost (same reason as DS)
Children of the Jedi
Planet of Twilight
Crystal Star
New Rebellion (not sure if I've read this)
Outbound Flight
Survivor's Quest (for these last two, see DS)
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

About a hundred pages in on Plagueis and enjoying it. A tad slow than I'm used to but utterly enthralling.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Darth Bane
Knight
Knight

Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 145
Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Right now i'm rereading Betrayal by Aaron Allston


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Dancelittleewok
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 1168
Location: Kansas

Darth Bane wrote:
Right now i'm rereading Betrayal by Aaron Allston

That book will always have a special place in my heart for being the catalyst leading me to my first Star Wars forum. Enjoy!
_________________
Observation: Life would be cooler if everyone spoke like HK-47.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Crash Override
Master
Master

Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 1962

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Bane wrote:
Right now i'm rereading Betrayal by Aaron Allston

That book will always have a special place in my heart for being the catalyst leading me to my first Star Wars forum. Enjoy!


Oh really?


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Dancelittleewok
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Joined: 15 Sep 2010
Posts: 1168
Location: Kansas

Crash Override wrote:
Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Bane wrote:
Right now i'm rereading Betrayal by Aaron Allston

That book will always have a special place in my heart for being the catalyst leading me to my first Star Wars forum. Enjoy!


Oh really?


Well, I had to tell someone about Jacen going Sith. After a few clicks, I discovered TFN and lurked there for about 5 minutes, feeling absolutely lost and overwhelmed. I eventually settled in a quieter, closer community.
_________________
Observation: Life would be cooler if everyone spoke like HK-47.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:07 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6865
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Not including the Boba Fett children's series, Betrayal was the first EU book I ever read. Very Happy
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Proudfoot
Knight
Knight

Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 259
Location: London

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm trying to work up the effort to read through all the Bantam era books that I've missed, or haven't finished, which includes Children of the Jedi. Since, to my mind, most of the books on the list are sub-par, working up the effort is quite difficult.

The list is thus:

Crispin's Han Solo trilogy
The Lando Calrissian Adventures
The Han Solo Adventures
Death Star (not actually Bantam, but I'm including it anyway, for completeness)
Star Wars Galaxies
Bounty Hunter Wars
Tatooine Ghost (same reason as DS)
Children of the Jedi
Planet of Twilight
Crystal Star
New Rebellion (not sure if I've read this)
Outbound Flight
Survivor's Quest (for these last two, see DS)


The Han Solo Trilogy is not sub par. I'd start there!
_________________
On a clear day they'll see us from the beaches.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Werehunter
Knight
Knight

Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 362

I've always thought Betray was the best book out that series. Sad that something starting so strongly ended up being, well what it was.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3916
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Proudfoot wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm trying to work up the effort to read through all the Bantam era books that I've missed, or haven't finished, which includes Children of the Jedi. Since, to my mind, most of the books on the list are sub-par, working up the effort is quite difficult.

The list is thus:

Crispin's Han Solo trilogy
The Lando Calrissian Adventures
The Han Solo Adventures
Death Star (not actually Bantam, but I'm including it anyway, for completeness)
Star Wars Galaxies
Bounty Hunter Wars
Tatooine Ghost (same reason as DS)
Children of the Jedi
Planet of Twilight
Crystal Star
New Rebellion (not sure if I've read this)
Outbound Flight
Survivor's Quest (for these last two, see DS)


The Han Solo Trilogy is not sub par. I'd start there!


Well, I did say most of the books Wink . But that is good to know. I have a feeling I'd need some bright spots to get through that list.
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  1337Jedi
Knight
Knight

Joined: 02 Sep 2012
Posts: 474
Location: Florida

To go with my NJO readings I picked up and just finished the entire Invasion series in TPB form. It was nice seeing some visual representation put to the Vong story. A pretty good story all in all, perhaps a diffrent view on how the Vong and other key characters would act/ respond to situations but to each author their own. I like the idea of new untold stories out of this time period and would like to see more!
_________________
Mara: "Not many people Dare to hug me"
Lando: "That leaves more of you for me then!"

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Well over 300 pages in on Plagueis now and it really is something special. I like all the references to the Bane books, though I'm guessing there are a lot of references I don't know, but Luceno has written a novel thats entertaining and fairly easy to follow. Not a book for a newbie I'd imagine.

Also started Children of the Jedi, doing a chapter a day just to get through it. I tried reading it years ago but never finished it.

After Plagueis though? Not sure yet. Labyrnth of Evil? Paradise Snare? Shadow Hunter/Sabotuer? Fatal Alliance?

Got Cloak of Deception coming in the mail.

What y'all think?


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:56 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Life Is The Path
Master
Master

Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 3916
Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I don't know about you, but I often find it difficult to change from one era to another, when reading Star Wars books, so it might be easier to stick with the PT era books first, get them out of the way, and then move on to Paradise Snare or Fatal Alliance.
_________________
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Life Is The Path wrote:
I don't know about you, but I often find it difficult to change from one era to another, when reading Star Wars books, so it might be easier to stick with the PT era books first, get them out of the way, and then move on to Paradise Snare or Fatal Alliance.


I don't mind bouncing around, saves me feeling too daunted. Soooooo much to read, I really need to quit my job and just sit my butt down and read read read....... That's a good idea right? Riiiiiight?


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

 PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Sunless
Padawan
Padawan

Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne.

Oh and Tattoine Ghost I remember as being pretty good, but that was a while ago.

Really enjoyed Death Star.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 134 of 146
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 144, 145, 146  Next

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield