What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 143, 144, 145  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
@Caedus: The more I think about it, the more I want to read the NJO. I've never read it in its entirety and I have a job and a credit card now, so buying the books my library doesn't have won't be a problem.

Grandmaster is right, getting them cheap at this point shouldn't be a problem at all.

@Grandmaster: Your B&N has a used section!?

Yep. Everything is essentially half price. I've gotten a lot of SW books there.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

GrandMaster wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
@Caedus: The more I think about it, the more I want to read the NJO. I've never read it in its entirety and I have a job and a credit card now, so buying the books my library doesn't have won't be a problem.

Grandmaster is right, getting them cheap at this point shouldn't be a problem at all.

@Grandmaster: Your B&N has a used section!?

Yep. Everything is essentially half price. I've gotten a lot of SW books there.

I'm jealous, ours doesn't have one. There's a Books-A-Million north a couple hours that has one and a Hastings a bit west that does as well, but our one remaining B&N doesn't have it.

I know I am way behind, but
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I am currently in book 2 of the Thrawn Trilogy. Just finished Kenobi. Quite a good book! Not sure if I am going to do the the two book squeal. I want to read books 5-9 of the X-Wing Series and Shatterpoint, then of course I Jedi. Too much to read not enough time. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I gave up on Mercy Kill and being the completionist I am, I have to finish it before i can read Into the Void, The Razor's Edge, and Honor Among Thieves. And I have to read it out of respect for Allston. So, here I go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Rebel Dawn of the Han Solo Trilogy. I've lately been interested in the years between the original and new trilogies and am also doing research for a massive crossover fanfiction of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The Han Solo Trilogy: The Paradise Snare

Follow me on Tumblr http://daniellong94.tumblr.com/

Follow me on Twitter @DanielLong94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

About to begin Shadows of the Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Started reading Scoundrels.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finally completely finished Maul: Lockdown and am going to take a break from my EU dig-in for a bit, get back into horror for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote  

@Caedus: what did you think of Lockdown?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: You know it wasn't bad. Nothing overly special, but nothing inherently wrong with it. I enjoyed most of the action, I thought the story added some depth to Maul, and it brought out some good characters and references. I thought some things could have been made more interesting (Komari Vosa needed more screen time) and the overall agenda of Sidious could have been a little better put together, but the story was fun and I'm glad I read it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:24 am Reply with quote  

I think Komari Vosa needs her own book. She seemed really interesting (I never did play the videogame she was in).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: The game is ok, if you have the capacity to I would say play it. I got a very "Dark Forces: Jedi Knight" vibe from the gameplay.

I really do think she could benefit from being more founded out. She has had a lot of side stuff and been the villain of a game, but overall it was just not enough. She could be interesting in that her fall mirrors Dooku's to some degree, but is just different enough to be fascinating.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Over the last few months I've been reevaluating my Star Wars EU consumption and habits and will probably scale back and even get rid of some stuff I already have.

What would be absolutely essential; what might be essential but could potentially be skipped, and what could be skipped entirely?

For instance, starting off with the Thrawn Trilogy makes Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest absolutely essential. The ROTS film makes Labyrinth of Evil essential, and the latter the same for Dark Rendezvous, Jedi Trial, and The Cestus Deception.

The New Jedi Order seems to make the Corellian Trilogy essential, but I've heard that the trilogy isn't very good. Are those absolutely required?

I'm considering skipping the post NJO era entirely and getting rid of the novels from that era that I already have, as TCW plus my growing dislike for Dark Nest has turned me off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Stayed up late last night to finish Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. Much different than I remembered it. I really enjoyed reading it, so it is no longer one of my least favorite SW novels. I think having read Shatterpoint in the last few months helps, because it is very much connected to that book.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 144 of 145