What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 144, 145, 146  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've read the X-wing Omnibus volume 1 and 2 and have 3 but have yet to read it; the first two volumes were okay and if you love Michael A Stackpole, then be sure to check them out!

I'm not reading any SW book right now but Invincible is right around the corner Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quote  

Reading X-wing Omnibus Volume 2 and the short story "A Practical Man" included with the paperback reprint of Sacrifice.

It's kind of interesting venturing back to the NJO and the Vong. Its been a while since I read those stories so it kind of brings them all back. In retrospect I think the Legacy Comics kind of cut throat the novels by keeping the Vong pretty much isolated for an immense period of time. I would really of liked read about how the Vong adapted to their defeat and maybe re-establish themselves to the Force.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm reading Outbound Flight, again, just for fun. I'll be picking up Sacrifice in trade paperback very soon.

The X-Wing Omnibuses are great. The first is still my favorite, with the Phantom Afair and the Rebel Opposition. Those were some great comics; I wish they had made more of them.
________
MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just picked up Sacrifice in trade paperback, because I never picked it up in hardback. I'll try and finish that up before Invincible comes out so I can have the entire series done.
________
Vapir No2

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Now I read Labirinth of Evil in Russian and Dark Lord - The rise of Darth Vader in english. Luceno is on of my favourite authors Smile
"Down here, in the never-ending electric twilight, time had a different meaning altogether. It wasn't something to he scheduled, something to be quantified in terms of seconds, minutes, or hours. It was measured much more simply: you either had enough, or not enough," - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Currently reading the Luke Skywalker diary, Fight for Justice. I'm still reading chronologically so getting to the OT is pretty cool stuff. This is actually my first time reading these things so it's all new!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm about 3 quarters of the way through Force Heretic 3 - Reunion. I'll finish up the last 2 New Jedi Order, then on to the Dark Nest Trilogy and Legacy of the Force. I have all these books except for Invincible (I don't like getting hardbacks, I'll wait for the paperback.) Just haven't had the time to get round to them yet! Very Happy
Yodacappy, this Fight for Justice diary sounds interesting, I've never heard of it, what's it about?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Was reading Invincible but have since finished it. Now I'm on to finish up some non-SW books.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I finished Invincible, and now I'm off to read Darth Bane: Rule of Two. I like the Bane story, so hopefully this is a good read.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote  

Multitasking: rereading Star By Star and Invincible, and reading X-wing Omnibus 3. I think Invincible is better the second time around.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Unfortunately, I started rereading LotF a few weeks before Invincible came out and I am dedicated to finishing it before I read Invincible. Still on Fury... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote  

I bet it would be cool to read the whole series together nonstop, but I just don't have the time to do it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alleigance. Woot, Timothy Zahn!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Finally finished the Legacy series. I guess that means I will be reading either Death Star or the second Darth Bane novel.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Am re-reading the whole Legacy of the Force series again, just to see if i like the saga any better. But I'm a little distracted since i ran into a reference about a Scholastic young readers book that was said to be Darth Vader's view on the Galactic Civil War(OT era), and something about Luke's view of the same era coming out soon. Has anybody else seen or heard anything? I usually shy away from "young reader" novels(o.k, so I'm a snob, so what?!?), but this one has me interested. I must know! Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 146