What EU Book Are You Reading Now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 144, 145, 146  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
That's awesome, Alan. Smile

I have a couple friends at school that I can talk with about the EU, but they're only very casual fans. I don't know anyone who keeps up with the SW EU like I do.

Sadly that's my experience as well Reep. Friends who are fans and honestly interested in the wider universe, but it has become too wide for them to want to get into at this point.

That sounds about right. My wife listens to me go on about Star Wars EU stuff (and comic book stuff) and she is somewhat interested, in that she retains what we discuss and asks follow-up questions and what-not, but that's it. She's not interested in Star Wars books, and doesn't care for comics as a medium, but we can have interesting chats about the subject. We do the same when it comes to her teen lit stuff (most of which nowadays is either Dystopian Future or Steampunk).

Both of those sound better than vampires Wink

Ya most of my friend's are huge comic book fans and classic lit fans, so getting them into a 200+ novel universe is proving difficult. They love hearing about it, but are too intimidated to get into it themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Is all way to true, none of my friends are EU fans, the wife lets me talk all the SW I want but cares very little, but Mom reading Plagueis is just awesome. I agree talking SW online and listening to podcasts are great and all however you can loose hours talking EU to an actual person!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There was no point on leaving Alan. In your heart you know you have never left.
You know this to be true.

I for one have NO one to talk to about SW beside you guys. Internet has provided sites, but flesh to flesh there are none I'd rather meet than some of you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reepicheep wrote:
That's awesome, Alan. Smile

I have a couple friends at school that I can talk with about the EU, but they're only very casual fans. I don't know anyone who keeps up with the SW EU like I do.

Same here. It's so weird encountering someone who doesn't know what a fansite is. Don't they know Star Wars is oxygen?!? Wink

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Finished The God Delusion and am working my way through the Dawn of the Jedi comics, starting with a re-read of the first arc.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote  

I'm evil, but I'm enjoying a very good start to an upcoming Denning novel. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:56 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just finished Dark Tide 2, moving right along to AOC 1 Hero's Trial

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

With only 4 weeks of school left until I graduate with my Bachelor's, I've been thinking about summer vacation and reading Star Wars.

I would love to read in chrono order and be able to read a book a day during vacation, but sadly it is not feasible for two reasons. First, if I read one a day, my parents might get upset and take the books away again. Though I'm an adult, I still have to obey their rules as long as I live with them. They've made it clear that reading SW is OK as long as I do my chores properly, but I don't want to push too far. Second, there are so many wide gaps in my collection that I would either have to buy a large number of books or ask the library to order them, both of which would take a lot of money.

So, I've decided that what I'll do over my 14 week vacation is read 14 of my top Star Wars books, one each week.

Darth Plagueis, May 11 - 17
Cloak of Deception, May 18 - 24
The Phantom Menace, May 25 - 31
Attack Of The Clones, June 1 - 7
Labyrinth Of Evil, June 8 - 14
Revenge of The Sith, June 15 - 21
Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader, June 22 - 28
A New Hope, June 29 - July 5
The Empire Strkes Back, July 6 - 12
Return Of The Jedi, July 13 -19
Luke Skywalker And The Shadows Of Mindor, July 20 -26
Heir To The Empire, July 27 - August 2
Dark Force Rising, August 3 - 9
The Last Command, August 10 - 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I hadn't read a EU book in a while, but i picked up Plagueis. I'm about a quarter of the way through and I'm really enjoying it.
www.FanboysTalking.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:09 am Reply with quote  

Got an early copy of Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void by Tim Lebbon. Really enjoying it so far. He's got good prose and some interesting characters.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

^ Lucky!!!! I'm knee deep in the NJO but i cannot wait for the books we are getting later this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

About to start The Cestus Deception. Running out of books I haven't read, it's pretty much just most of the Clone wars era left. Think I'm going to work my way through them into the Revenge of the Sith trilogy.

http://soundcloud.com/city-approach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just started Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just started reading Heir to the Empire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 130 of 146