Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote  

As revealed at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, Alexander Freed will be writing a book called Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.

Random House Link: http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/7821/battlefront-twilight-company-star-wars-by-alexander-freed/

Alexander Freed is a comic writer who wrote Star Wars: The Old Republic: Blood of the Empire, The Lost Sons, and Purge: The Tyrant's Fist. This will be his first novel (and not just Star Wars, but first novel ever).

In his own words,
Quote:
"The book is, of course, part of the Star Wars franchise. While itís connected to the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront video game, itís an original story and not a novelizationĖitíll hopefully satisfy both rabid Battlefront fans and non-gamers alike. (Thereís a long tradition of Star Wars novels that link to video games without retelling their stories; itís not a bad tradition to be a part of.)

I canít reveal many other details at this point. As mentioned at Celebration, the book focuses on front line soldiers in the Rebel Alliance, but itís too early to talk specifics about characters and plot and theme. Nonetheless, folks whoíve enjoyed my approach to the Star Wars universe before should, I think, enjoy Twilight Company. If thereís interest, I may do a post on specific literary antecedents and military science fiction generally down the line."

-source

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmm...that's very interesting. I'll keep my eye on it.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote  

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Alexander Freed's comics. I did like his TOR Sith ones though. This will be his first novel, so it'll be interesting to see how he does in prose format.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Bets on when this book is placed in the new canon timeline? I'm betting on just before ESB (Hoth) and maybe into RotJ (Endor). Point being...yet ANOTHER book set in the OT era! Man I can't wait for TFA to come out so that the publishing companies (books and comics) can move on in the timeline!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Skywalker2B wrote:
Point being...yet ANOTHER book set in the OT era!

It's almost as if they're thinking: "OT good, PT bad! Fans only want stuff from holy OT, nothing from dreaded PT!"

I wonder where they got that impression.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh gee. Work 984 set in the OT.

And a sequel trilogy that even the actors say re-treads the OT.

Because doing anything original is bad.

Sigh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

It only makes sense to me. The OT takes place immediately before the new movie. Why would they create content from the PT when they are trying to set the stage for the new movie? Especially when they are bringing back the cast from the OT. The PT is fresh in our memories. It will take time before Disney revisits the PT. Patience everyone...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1