Whats your favorite Prequel Trilogy Duel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whats your favorite Prequel Trilogy Duel
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just curious what everyones favorite lightsaber duel was in the prequel trilogy. I'm not sure what my favorite one is, there are so many, but I did like the one where Yoda was fighting Dooku. Yoda was absolutly everywhere! And then there was the fight between Obi-Wan and Grievous, that one was pretty good.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote  

Hmm I would have to say either the Darth Maul duel or the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. One of my main reasons I like both duels is because I love the score for those two sequences (Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes are the track names on their respective CDs). And yes I have those two tracks on my MP3 player.

For me part of what can make a duel great is how good the musical score for the sequence is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
For me part of what can make a duel great is how good the musical score for the sequence is.

I completely agree with you there; that's why I love those fights and the one at the end of Return of the Jedi.

But my favorite of the prequel trilogy would have to be Yoda vs Palpatine. The symbolism and the music were extraordinary!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote  

I'll put my vote behind Sidious and Windu. As cool as it was to see Yoda pull out a lightsaber for the first time against Dooku, it was even cooler to see the Dark Lord of the Sith unleash his crimson blade for the first time. Plus he scored three kills in like two seconds. Very realistic.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'll put my vote behind Sidious and Windu. As cool as it was to see Yoda pull out a lightsaber for the first time against Dooku, it was even cooler to see the Dark Lord of the Sith unleash his crimson blade for the first time. Plus he scored three kills in like two seconds. Very realistic.

I always loved and was amazed with how quickly Sidious took out three of four Jedi. I think the way it transpired in the book is even better!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Salaris Vorn wrote:

That is one reason why Maul vs Ginn and Kenobi is my favourite - "We'll handle this" to the opening of Duel of the Fates still makes me go all tingly!

The second is that in all the other duels the outcome was already known to a certain extent due to the OT - Mace couldn't ever beat Palpy, neither could Yoda. Dooku's second round with Anakin was a foregone conclusion as was Grievous and Kenobi. And of course, Kenobi vs Anakin (round 1) could only ever end in one way. The only real unknown was Dooku vs Anakin/Kenobi/Yoda in AotC. But the (unexpected) death of Ginn and Kenobi's subsequent slaying of Maul (Nooooooo!) at the end of TPM meant that neither of these characters could ever be seen again in Ep. II or III. So if Yoda had killed Dooku at the end of AotC (meaning Dooku couldn't return in Ep.III), then that would be my favourite, of course Dooku didn't die, instead he ran back to his Master like the good lapdog he is!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Well, I have to say that my favourite may come as something of a surprise: Dooku versus Anakin and Obi-Wan aboard the Invisible Hand (Episode III). Why? Simply. because Form II (Makashi) is my favourite by far; I love Dooku's elegant, refined 'fencing' style, and his curved sabre is pretty cool. Seeing him take on both Jedi at once with elegant yet efficient sweeps of his blade: Very Happy My only complaint is that the fight was too short.
Coming in behind but very close is Dooku versus Anakin on Geonosis (Episode II), basically for the same reasons. Watch the bit where they swing their sabres in circles over their heads; thats not special effects for the sabres, I think they're actually physically holding light tubes, because the quality of the red and blue light, the play of shadows and light on their faces, is breathtaking.
Other favourites are Palpatine versus Mace (Episode III), it was nice to see two people with very aggressive styles (e.g., Mace's Form VII, Vaapad) going for each other full tilt, and in a confined space! Also Darth Maul versus Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan (Episode I). This was the fight that introduced us to the new, faster sabre fighting; the Jedi duelling at the height of their powers, plus Maul's double-bladed sabre. The music for this was also excellent, as it was for Yoda versus Sidious (Episode III), another great fight. Salaris, Aush, I totally agree with you about the music making a fight. And last but not least of course, Anakin versus Obi-Wan, an epic, furious fight with again great music. Aargh, so many great fights too choose from, too many, why is Star Wars so great!? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My favorite is the Darth Maul fight, followed closely by Mace vs Palpatine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooohhh...I put that in the wrong thread. Will fix it in a momento. My favorites would definitely be Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. They were by far the best executed and showed the closest depiction to what real Jedi would be able to accomplish. After all, the actors are only human. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Ooohhh...I put that in the wrong thread.

I was going to say, but thought, whats the big deal. Duels are duels.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maul vs QGJ/Obi Wan, Obi-wan vs Anakin was great but I think there was so much going on around them its a little overwhelming. ugh I think sounds to negative I just prefer the duel Maul I think. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

comanderbly wrote:
Maul vs QGJ/Obi Wan

Ya, a huge reason i liked it is because of the way they seperated Obi wan and QGJ with those walls. And then Obi wan had to just sit there and watch as Maul killed QGJ. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, but I still want to know what those 'walls' were. And where were they, exactly? I knew that at one time, but I have since forgotten.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
And where were they, exactly? I knew that at one time, but I have since forgotten.

"laser-walled security hallway protecting one of the exhaust shafts" - Wookiepedia.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm...but if the walls periodically 'turn off', a burglar with patience could just waltz right in. Metaphorically speaking. Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 1 of 4