Daala
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daala
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

On Wookieepedia, it said Daala is controversial and generaly disliked. This kind of surprised me. I thought Daala was interesting and I probably like her better than Thrawn (feel free to throw tomatoes). What do you guys think of her?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I won't throw tomatoes Reep, just words Razz I like Daala actually, but she's not as good as Thrawn in my opinion. He had finesse, foresight, wierdness, and blue skin. She's just a cranky person who has more of a mind for government but other than that may be a little bland. Just my opinion.

Daala....
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think it will be interesting to see how her character evolves in this new series. From my perspective of reading Outcast:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Now, understand that this is only my opinion from reading this one book.

This is your Uncle Kal giving you my thoughts - Good Night!! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Kal

I agree with ya Kal Wink I saw it to

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Disregarding the Daala from Outcast, I thought she came across as a fool in those Bantam books. She's typical villain-of-the-week fodder. Also, Moff Tarkin? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote  

It's been too long since I've read the Jedi Academy trilogy. Perhaps I should revisit them...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It was pretty neat, in Darksaber, how she took control of the Empire, though.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote  

I still rate Thrawn as my top Imperial commander, but with recent events, I'd be willing to put Daala at the number two spot (though she'd have to contend with Paelleon). In the Bantam books she didn't have a whole lot of success, and my memory is a little hazy, but I did like how she came in in the Legacy novels with her Maw Irregular Fleet and phase shifters. That was really entertaining. And I think she could be a very entertaining leader in the FOTJ novels, but that's a 'wait and see' thing.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, you're right. She really didn't do much to be proud of in the Bantam books. I just (finally Rolling Eyes ) picked up Outcast today, so we'll see how that goes.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote  

Her big problem in the Bantam books, at least when she first showed up in the Jedi Academy Trilogy, was that she was a student of Tarkin and her strategies were now all textbook material. Everyone knew her moves. The only thing she had going for her were her super weapons. However, now she has had time to do her own catching up, and time to develop her own strategies. She is a much better commander now. You really do have to forgive her for being locked away in the Maw all those years. Those immediate losses weren't exactly all her fault. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ok wat i dont get is...
Luke was all worried abt the Whole Scenario regarding the Jedis being under a democratic govt...albiet one which was corrupt.
BUt The Jedis hav absolutely no problem falling in line under a CRIMINAL...
Daala blew Mon Calamari to shreds...and shes being forgiven Confused
Daala was a loose cannon...I fail to see how she can be soooooo all powerfull all of a sudden....sure i had a LOT of Sympathy fr her...the way the gud Guys wud always manage to wreck her plans....but.....now i just hate her...
_________
Secondly...Daala was reunited the wid her former love(before she enrolled into the Academy and fell in luv Wid Tarkin) Wat abt them???Is he dead?> Or did they just break up again Confused
_________
I havnt read any of the novels after Invincible.....and i mite nt any time soon...so if any new book does give an answer...i dont mind hearing it Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, that always seemed weird to me too...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am not liking her in FOTJ. I know she has a grudge against the Jedi, but if she really cares about the galaxy, she should stop messing around trying to play big scary boss and try to work with the Jedi.(in a less harsh, "expose the Jedi" way) It can, believe it or not, be peaceful, but it seems to me like she just wants to start problems and is asking for trouble with this carbonite business...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

She dreams of a galaxy without Force users, and to be honest it'd be a lot less complicated without them. I understand her point, but she wants it to go away and its just not gonna. She's still kinda immature in that way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quote  

After reading Omen, my opinion of Daala has dropped. I no longer like her. All the potential they built up for her before FOTJ started has now been scraped. The cool Maw Irregular Fleet is gone, her tactical fury, and the lost promise of Mando bodyguards.

Now she's back to normal, in the good old Bantam days of Imperial fodder. Such a waste.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2