Thinking Deep...what makes a Jedi or Sith?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nothing can ever be normal in a Universe frever can it??/Thats wishful thinking=p
The Jedi never go around taking ruthless politicians down or anything like that---cuz if the they just did that the democracy would actually run...but they never do...they dont stick their noses into sth unless the Force gives them a massive disturbance...I personally dont like the way Luke deals with his Jedis...
__________(The Old Republic Ones were faaar cooler)

Attachments is seriously the reason every Force user goes to the brink or becomes a SITH!!!!////Jaina Solo looses her brothers....
Alema Rar looses her sister
Jacen Loves his daughter( waaaay to protective)
Darth Vader
_______________________-
The rest of the Sith(who dont hav Attachments) are never truly dangerous--Zekk(just wants to prove himself after humiliating himself in a State Dinner--he goes all Dark)
And the others we read abt--like tat Qui-Gonns apperentice wats his name started with a Z.....forgot it....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What about Luke and losing Mara, though. He mourned, but I never saw signs of him completely falling to the darkside; the closest he got was killing Lumiya, but she had it coming from more than just saying she killed Mara. And I'm just the opposite from you, FatalFist Smile I see the Jedi of the Old Republic weak because they forbid the attachments that just lead to other problems with the same outcomes as allowing attachments. It really is hard to be either for or against when both sides have their ups and downs, but Yoda really does give great advice, even if it seems dark and wrong: "learn to let go of what you fear to lose."

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote  

I think where the Old Jedi Order went wrong was saying that anything in particular lead to the Dark Side. Attachment, love, even hate, none of these things actually do it in themselves. The key is, as in all things, moderation. You usually run into trouble when you start taking anything to the extreme. That's what happened with the old order. They started taking things to the extreme, abolishing this and that, stating that all Sith must be destroyed, no questions asked. They doomed themselves with their shift in policies.

The Sith are pretty much in the same boat, taking too extreme of a stance. Some of them start out wanting peace but then they decide it's okay to blow up an entire planet as long as it might deter chaos elsewhere.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah---The Old Jedi were rather strict on Attachments...but the Old Republic Jedis tried to stop you frm the very path that might lead u astray....
_________________-
Cmon how many times hav u felt angry at the Jedis fr nt doing the obvious thing because they are afraid that they might go astray...Lukes teachings are rather vague///he says trust the Force....Poor Jacen all he did was follow the Force...and that made him do stuff he logically wudnt hav done....I mean ruthlessness shud be ok....but it shudnt be ok(ruthlessness) to get everything done....
__________________-
Luke Skywalkers way of doing stuff makes everything more complicated...thats all=p

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 3 of 3