Callista Ming
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Callista come back in some form or another?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

Callista Ming
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Does anyone else wonder what happened to her? She came back from the dead (basically), lost her force powers, then learned she could only access it through the Dark side. Then, oddly, she completely disappeared. She saw Luke once in Planet of Twilight and was considered the one woman people wanted to see him marry. Till Mara. Anyways, speculation, possible Legacy of the Force spoiler? Who knows? Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah I hate when they create and develop a character then everyone ignores them and the character just disappears. Karrde is another one that's gotten left in the dust. Tis a shame such things happen. But now that Mara is out of the way, maybe Luke will find another. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think that Callista could come back in some form, but perhaps not in a major role, instead just to bring closure to her story.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See, I always kind of pictured her going Sith with it being the only way she could touch the Force. I think she would've made a better Dark Lady to teach Jacen than Lumiya. In fact, the way the Lumiya storyline was done she very well could've been if they'd have been more careful. Oh well, hopefully they don't just throw her aside permanantly (though it looks like they have).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Before Inferno, I was actually thinking that she could be one of the "other Sith" Lumiya referred to In Tempest. *sigh* Guess not.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote  

I'm of the opinion that for Luke to fully move on with his life he needs to find another love. Right now is probably too soon, but I think Callista could fill that slot. In real life that is what people do, they move on and find another. Star Wars should be no different.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its a good thought, and I actually thought she was the best romantic interest for him anyway. I don't think the writers will bring her back though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Callista has been one of my favorite characters since I was about 9, when Children of the Jedi came out. I don't know why, but when I was a kid, I really emulated her. I drew horses on my toy lightsaber, because she had sea creatures on hers...

Ok, I've grown a little since then.

I was excited to see her in Order 66, even though her last name's been changed (anyone know why Karen Traviss did that?). I was happy that she hadn't changed much in personality. I've always liked her light-hearted ways.

As for her going Sith...I can't see it. I mean, I have nothing against the Sith (There needs to be a dark side to compliment a light. Neither is good or evil.) but she just seems too happy to ever go that route. She's had stuff thrown at her. The poor girl's been an ostricized member of the Jedi, she's seen her fiance die, trapped in a computer, and on top of that, lost her connection with the Force. And she's still kriffing happy.

Just don't see how she'd go Sith.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quote  

Her old last name, Ming, is some kind of slang in Britain. Some sort of insulting remark. Thus they changed her last name.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm just kind of saddened that this is how she came back. I'm extremely happy that she's back, but I was hoping for a continuation of some sort. Who knows, maybe she still will. Wasn't too excited with the new last name either, but I kinda like it now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:48 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nah I think Luke marrying someone else, or getting involved with someone else is an insult to MAras memory---I mean cmon--she was one of my fav characters---I'd hav been gladder had she survived and Luke had died...and then Mara could turn into a Luke---all mellowed down and everything===but seriously she can come back but pls I think Maras memory needs to be instilled in Luke as the only 'one'. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I could see that. I want her to come back in a post-LOTF book, but Mara was one of my favorite characters to. After so much time with her I've kinda gotten to think that anyone else wouldn't work now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

She could come back, sure (though I don't really like her character other than Order 66), but she better not mess with Luke. And I like her new last name. I thought Ming was just a take of Mingla, since she was 'using' Cray's body. *shrugs*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i thought she died or something, drove a star destroyer into a sun, or yavin or something... am i mixing up characters again?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah. Last we saw Callista (chronologically anyways) she ran into Luke on Nam Chorios or something and they kind of just looked at each other. Then she left. She wasn't seen again until Order 66, which was a prequal era book. So we still don't know what happened to her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 6