EUCast Episode 23 - A Stinky Hutt in India

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

-Some changes have been made to the theme song.

-Invincible thoughts: spoiler free!

-Lawrence is gone, and will be for who knows how long!

-Discussion of two new names.

-Stinky is to childish.

-Starkiller must be a code name for the Secret Apprentice.

-Main Discussion: Some Indiana Jones talk. (But just this once!)

-Debate: A new series should be made to continue where LOTF left off.

-Return of the EUCast Mailbag.

-And much more!

Contact Information:

Email: eucast@eucantina.net

Vote for us on Podcast Alley!

Download and listen to the episode at: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/681

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

So I just finished listening to the podcast (the very first one I have listened to) and overall, I thought it was great.

The only thing was that I kind of ignored the spoiler warning at the end (figuring that you had said you weren't going to dicuss Invincible spoilers earlier) and I listend to your "question to lose sleep over" or whatever it was....oh well.

Anyway, great job and I plan to listen from now on.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

To be fair, I did say Spoilers and I spaced out the question. I figured we were putting in a new spoiler warning into our intro, but I have to discuss that with OMB. But I thank you for your kind words about the show and I do hope you continue to listen. Very Happy

I indeed also to discuss why it was me in around 95% of the bloopers... Must mean I was doing my job, right?

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm honest enough to admit that I was the one who ignored the spoiler warning... Confused

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Great job! It wad funny when OMB impersonated Aush at the end. Laughing

And also, I have one connection for the song. How about Ganner Ryhsode (sp?)? He didn't back down at the end, the reference to the gate of Hell.... I think it could fit.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow- I'm unsure as to why I didn't think of that. Great connection to an awesome Tom Petty and The Heart breakers (I think) song. Lawrence would have thought of that for sure.

By the way, we have received information from Lawrence and will be announcing what's going on with him and everything on episode 24, which will be out next Monday, as always.

Random question, but did anyone notice that I added an "E" to UK when reading Flyboy's e-mail so I said "EUK?" I heard it while listening on my I-pod this morning and I was quite.... well, embarrassed.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I did but it passed my mind as some strange reference to a group. Like the Expanded Universe in the UK. Shortened to EUK instead of EUUK....

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ha ha, EUK, or it might be a combination of the UK and the European Union... I didn't really mind anyway.
Great podcast, I really loved the Tom Petty song, I hadn't heard it in years, and you brought it back to my mind, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We do what we can Wink Next episode should be great and will have an awesome surprise, so be ready for that.

I'd like to also thank everyone for listening; I know we're not the best the podcasting genre has, but I (we) hope that we at least make the EU a little fun. If you have any SW fans for friends, relative, etc., let them know about us-- we'll turn 'em to the EU side Very Happy

Also, thank you for the warm words, FB.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:10 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hey, no problem! Credit where credit's due! Very Happy
Oh yeah, I forgot to say; an interview with Troy Denning, wow, nice one! How on Earth did you manage to secure that? Also, noooo, you can't let comics drop out of the EUCasts just beacuse Laurence is gone! That's like one entire third of the EU! (more important than games, for me) You gotta find a fourth host who knows about comics, don't let them drop out!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

First, regarding the interview with Troy Denning, many Bothans died to secure it!

I'm just playing Very Happy I was able to find it contact information and talk to him via e-mail and he beyond graciously agreed to the interview. So, be sure to have free time, a mic/headset, and questions come June 13! You can read all about joining live here. We will also go over it in EUCast 24.

Don't worry, we won't let comics drop completely. I do indeed read Kotor and Legacy (with a much higher interest in Legacy) and sometimes scan through DT and Rebellion so we'll have news a discussions about comics, if not all knowing then fun at least. I will strive to keep up with the comics while Lawrence is gone. Don't stop listening though! All you guys make it worth it, that's for sure. EUCast is a lot of fun in itself, but hearing what you guys feel and think is icing on an amazing cake.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:29 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Nice program as always.

Just have to say to Austin that my comments on his rant was not to get into an argument, far from that. it was just my point of view that was different from you, and seeing your reply I can see that I may have misunderstood some of your statements, as I think you also misunderstood some of mine.

When I said that SW fan should not care about bad publicity, I didnt mean that we should not care about SW. What I meant was complete the opposity, if there is some bad to be said, we should say it and hear it, and not be offend if somebody bring it up.

For instance, if someone from Del Rey anounce that they are working on the next contract, and it will be a 20 book series about the Ewoks and how they interact with Endor's fauna and flora. And people start going bersersk about it, we should not try to hide, or complain if someone from inside it bring up details, we need to hear about it and express our oppinion about what we think about that "great idea".

Like what Chewie guy said, we should not be offended by he bringing it up to the public, what is bad also needs to be said, and perepahs on this case it may turn out good anyway, I am very excited about this new Clone Wars series.

Again, I didnt want to enter into an argument or diminish your opinion, on the contrary, please dont take it the wrong way, I love you guys. And that is why I am always around here, and try to get some time to write my comments on your shows.

Also, regarding the other comment, spanish is not my native language, and unfortunately where I live I cant practice it very often, but I try to use it every now and then just to keep it fresh in my mind, and I really liked your joke back there on that show.

Sorry about these big reply I have been writing, I promisse to keep them shorter next time.

Now about the rest of the show, I havent seen Indy yet, but I am going on vacations next week and I will probably watch it. I went to see Ironman, montly because of the good things you gues said about it, and I enjoyed it very much. I am a big Marvel fan, specialy the Ultimate imprint.

Regards,
Reco

btw: it is pronouced like "Haeco" not "Rico". Someday I will explain that it means.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Random question, but did anyone notice that I added an "E" to UK when reading Flyboy's e-mail so I said "EUK?" I heard it while listening on my I-pod this morning and I was quite.... well, embarrassed.

Yeah, I noticed that. Thought it was from the email. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Let's say it was.. Laughing Wink Reco, thanks for the amazing comments! The EU Mailbag will return in EUCast # 27, I believe, and Austin will discuss this further! Very Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1