EUCast Episode 26 - The Space Squid

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUCast Episode 26 - The Space Squid
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Since Austin hasn't done so, Andrew suggested I post the thread for EUCast #26, so . . .

-Special episode about all about the new Clone Wars trailer.

-We give a commentary of the trailer.

-Where do Obi-Wan and Ventress fight?

-Squids in space? We aren’t so sure about that….

-A time-line of the Clone Wars film is laid out.

-Other thoughts on the trailer.

-Dueling Round: Kenobi and Ventress.

-Special trailer commentary by Nathan Butler!

-And much more!

Contact information:

Email: eucast@eucantina.net

Vote for us monthly on Podcast Alley!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just finished 26. I'm not sure if it was because this episode didn't have Nathan or if it was that I had just listened to 25 but I didn't think this episode was quite as good 25 was. Despite that, I still thought it was very good.

I have to say that I agree with you all about the Squid ship. Ships don't need to swim in space....What I find even more annoying is that the ship seems to pick up the sailbarge. I have to imagine that it might break the ship. After all, most of the time pilots try to use their ships physically (example: Tainer using his X-wing's wing on Jasmin Ackbar's X-wing to redirect her ship) it results in damage...

Other than that, I liked the trailer, especially since we didn't see any dialogue like the other 2 minute preview.

Anyways, great job on another EUcast.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

The squid ship really reminded me of the Vorlon ships that we see in Babylon 5, albeit traveling backward from a Vorlon perspective.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yeah, I gotta say I didn't like the squid ship at all, I saw it and I just thought; that looks ridiculous, it goes against all the physics and such of flight, even more so when it picks up Jabba's sail barge.. (and I should know, I'm a pilot in training! Very Happy )
On another point, did anyone notice the quick glimpse of the Utapauan P-38 starfighter? (at least it looked a hell of a lot like the front end of one). There's like a one second shot of it firing its cannons just before we see the space battle. I thought it was interesting to see a ship that we barely glimspe in ROTS and not much elsewhere, and also, HOW could it be there if Utapau doesn't even really come into play in the war until ROTS?
Also, Anakin's sort of cross shaped starfighter is interesting, it's obviously going to go on to become a future inspiration for the B-wing (alongside the H-60 Tempest bomber).
And yes, I know, I really really love the starships and focus on them a lot Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Never would have guessed with the name "Flyboy" and the sig picture. Very Happy

And I don't think that was the P-38. I noticed it as well and I believe it is the Magnaguard Starfighter, the same one that Lego is releasing in August.

And that Lego is part of the new Clone Wars line along with a Republic Gunship (ARC style), AT-TE (new), and....something else. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Next up: Lego Star Wars: The REALLY Complete Saga, featuring Clone Wars, Droids, and Ewoks cartoons!

Heh.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1