Obi-Wan Kenobi Novel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-Wan Kenobi Novel
 PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anybody else hear about this? It's a detailed account of the life of Obi-Wan. Thoughts, speculations, and just plain random guessing?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote  

I heard it's going to be alot like the Vader one they did. I haven't read that one yet. There's also a lot Jude Watson books I'd like to read but the amount that's out there adds up to a hefty coin. Someday I suppose. As for the Obi Wan book, I'll probably pass on it. Eventually I'll pick it up with the others.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like the character of Obi-Wan, but right now I'm kinda wondering about this Seth Era series that's in the rumors. That, and possibly a third Bane novel. Also a stand-alone story about one of the other Sith lords (Andeddu, Sidious, Plagueis, Nihilus).

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
I like the character of Obi-Wan, but right now I'm kinda wondering about this Seth Era series that's in the rumors. That, and possibly a third Bane novel. Also a stand-alone story about one of the other Sith lords (Andeddu, Sidious, Plagueis, Nihilus).

Where'd you head that?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There was a forum set up about it (I can get you the link later, I found it by accident). It was basically from someone at Del Ray under an alias who set it up asking fans which of the following Sith lords they wanted a book about. There was a list, and Plagueis got the most votes, but it got cancelled because right now they want to leave a little mystic sense around Palpatine. They have said, however, that they are doing a different one. I think Wookiepedia had something about the Darth Andeddu novel or something like that. And Drew K. has stated that he has an outline for a 3rd Bane novel and I don't know if it got the green light or not, but the first two did really well and I think we're gonna see it happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When when we (EUCast) interviewed him he had not, but he really did want to do something. If this Obi-Wan book is done correctly, I think it can give us some really cool insight on Ben's feelings about the Original Trilogy and Prequel era events.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's actually what I'm hoping for. I think after all this hardcore Caedus stuff it'll be nice to see a classic character done from a new perspective. That, and I think that right now they need to leave the 80 year-or-so peace period alone. Maybe a Sith era series or just like with the Obi-Wan novel they keep going with specific character books.

Obi-Wan
 PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I wish the Obi-Wan book wasn't like the Vader one, since it is for younger readers. It sort of ruins the drama.

"Who?" Jacen asked.

"Palpatine!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
If this Obi-Wan book is done correctly, I think it can give us some really cool insight on Ben's feelings about the Original Trilogy and Prequel era events.

I'd love to see a well done Obi-wan novel, but right now I'm afraid it will be turn out to be crap, which aside from Traviss' Clone novels is about all we've had recently. Look no further than Luceno's Dark Lord for what Del Rey and Lucas might try to sell us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I'd love to see a well done Obi-wan novel, but right now I'm afraid it will be turn out to be crap, which aside from Traviss' Clone novels is about all we've had recently. Look no further than Luceno's Dark Lord for what Del Rey and Lucas might try to sell us.

While I don't think everything we've had lately has been bad, I too am afraid that it will turn out badly...which is a realy shame, if it does.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader novel was better novel than I had expected. So I have mild expectation that Windham can handle Obi-wan ok too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well I was expecting a total recap of everything we already knew with the Anakin/Darth Vader book, and thankfully I was very happy to see that there were actually a few new things. So it was decent, I suppose. Although I was very disappointed at the way they slapped like a $13 price on it just because they published it in hardback and with a slip cover. Some of us can't afford to keep dishing out $25 for every hardback they insist on making and then $12 for a scholastic?! Sheesh.

But about Obi-Wan...I'd really like to see a book just about his thoughts on everything. We really have no clue other than the end of RotS. So I think it could be very interesting if done correctly.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

But about Obi-Wan...I'd really like to see a book just about his thoughts on everything. We really have no clue other than the end of RotS. So I think it could be very interesting if done correctly.

That would be wonderful, but you know what we're going to get instead is a novel focusing on some never before seen characters that come across Obi-Wan, who will give them some advice, or help them escape a predicament. Mostly it won't be about Obi-wan, but the book will be dressed up as an Obi-wan novel.

No thanks.

(I hope I'm wrong and they give the job to Mathew Stover.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote  

I wonder if he'll encounter Darth Maul version 2.0, the one that's half cyborg. That would be interesting.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think you're referring to that cyborg Darth Maul that appeared in a Tales story, right?
I think that particular story wasn't canon, it was infinities, so I don't think it would be possible for that to happen. According to canon, Maul died at Naboo.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2