Friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote  

I'm glad to hear things went well and congratulations! Best of luck in the continuing developments with your friend!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thats good to hear, I have to admit I have less problems with my guy friends than my girl friends it's really weird.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, I know the feeling. I suppose girls are just more sensitive. And when you put two of them together, they're just bound to have issues eventually. *sigh* Oh, well...such is Life.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah i have to admit me and my gal friends are always getting into little fights but me and my guy friends never fight.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote  

just a theory as to why this might be the case. With pretty much any girl that we guys are friends with we're trying to either impress you or at the very least seem remotely competent and a decent person. We don't want you girls to think of us as argumentative jerks because you girls are always talking to each other so if we act like real morons chances are it will get around. If you talk about us we are aiming at hoping you talk about us in good terms instead of "yeah he's alright but sometimes he can be real argumentative and a big jerk."

I'll wager its similar in principle to how you girls are careful about some things you only discuss/do with fellow girls. After all you girls don't want a guy you're friends with to tell his pals something like "yeah she's not mean or anything but all she ever talks about is her hair/shopping/etc. and sometimes seems very vain and shallow."

Also point of interest a few months ago I read a scientific study determined the most successful marriages were the ones where the husband did what his wife told him to do.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Heh-heh...that's pretty funny. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yeah...thats pretty much it...I'll never try to argue needlessly with a girl friend...wouldnt want to come across as the jerk. But funnily enough If I agree with everything...IM termed a suck-up Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm sorry, guys. Honestly...it's probably just a no-win situation most of the time. I can't say I understand the female mind myself, so I'm sure for you guys it's absolutely hopeless. But do your best, and hopefully most will go well. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha...im always praying to God to make it clearer...but I guess girls pray to God fr the same thing....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote  

FatalFist wrote:
Yeah...thats pretty much it...I'll never try to argue needlessly with a girl friend...wouldnt want to come across as the jerk. But funnily enough If I agree with everything...IM termed a suck-up Sad

Yeah its a very fine line we have to walk. The problem is I think that line was made with invisible ink that only girls can see. Razz

Quote:

I'm sorry, guys. Honestly...it's probably just a no-win situation most of the time. I can't say I understand the female mind myself, so I'm sure for you guys it's absolutely hopeless. But do your best, and hopefully most will go well.

I read a study a long while back that said on average a girl will give 10 signals that she likes a guy before the guy will be clued in, longer if the guy is dense (I don't remember the exact number but it was something like 10). Us guys just aren't hardwired to pick up subtle.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I have to admit I have trouble figuring guys out too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote  

FatalFist wrote:
haha...im always praying to God to make it clearer...but I guess girls pray to God fr the same thing....

You know that just reminded me of a 1950s song "Who wrote the book of love?" Its a very good question and sadly the song doesn't really produce an answer.

Probably for the duration of human existence every single human has at one point or another prayed to whatever god they prey to asking this question and so far...we're just as confused today as we were several hundred years ago (or thousands of years if we go include the time before written record) I suppose if you like a little humor you can always figure that the reason for this is we're all actors in one huge never-ending sitcom. If we're a sitcom that begs the question: when are the commercial breaks? Razz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

lol...commercial breaks...I'd like to think commercial breaks is all we are=p///The Sitcoms just come in and interfere.
The Sitcoms are the reaaaly famous/ppl who make decisions abt numerous other dust specks(us ppl)....haha...talk abt philosophy....wat was the main topic agn...oh yea...Girls and why they act like they do(at least most of them)))) Razz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Personally, I think God has a sense of humor. And I can just see him laughing and shaking his head in amusement whenever some guy/girl prays for help about the opposite gender. I don't know, but it's just an amusing picture to me. Smile

And Salaris, your scenario reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode. It's where these two people run through the whole episode doing different things, and at the very end, the camera zooms out to show that they're actually dolls in a doll house. And so it ended on the note that perhaps we're all being manipulated by some girl playing dolls! Shocked

Creepy idea, but it does remind me of what you said. Will see if I can find a link to the episode...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've seen that one. Its one of my favorites. That and the one with the evil little boy that has god-like power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 10 of 11