(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I would vote for the second option. It will give us more time to prolong a search and allow Reaver to corrupt the crew more. I think the first option would be more constrained in that it would be improbable that the Jedi would survive a prolonged fight against Reaver's zombie like minions in a very confined space.

We could however do a sort of blend where the focus is on the second one but that there are some minor character survivors (take a cue from the movie Aliens where there is the one girl Newt who has survived months). In that case we could perhaps make one of the Padawans survive the horrors and relate what happened at some point of rediscovering the ship.

Sounds good- I was thinking Nykon would be at least one of the survivors. Perhaps he and Bream Darklighter at least- and any other Characters you others wanted on the Hilt for it's jump.

Salaris Vorn wrote:

Just a thought but perhaps we could have one of the Knights of Pain ships also get pulled along and basically have them ally themselves with Reaver (absent of any other Sith Lord to rally them)?

I could see this working- at this point Reaver would be ok with aliging himself with anyone who submits to his Power I'd think. Where as before all he was worried about is hiding and killing Modero- his rage drives him to megalomaniac levels where he now throws caution to the wind and is driven on building his forces to a sive nothing can stop him. Perhaps as a side plot I could have Reaver also searching for anything he can find about the Muur Talisman as another weapon for him to use- but he will learn it's fate (or what the galaxy thought was it's fate- we learn it survived till Vader- then Luke- then Cade's time Wink )

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I think that for now we should down play Rep considerably since OMB wanted hands off of his characters and involving Rep too much might cause some issues in terms of speedy story development. I do like the idea of Trix being hailed as a hero, that would leave many/all of our main characters basically having to avoid the Jedi Order and almost give a sort of nod to how the Jedi went into hiding post Order 66.

Sounds good to me- I think it would work best to send Brent back with Trix and the small group of Jedi Guardians. Brent's lack of Force powers could put his attitude in Trix's camp- but being Brem's twin would leave him in Rep's camp for wanting to LEARN what happened to the ship- thus when the beacon gets set off he would want to find his brother immediately- this also would play up the time travel aspect as now one twin is DEFINATLEY older then the other! OH I love that- please say I can! Smile

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I think an ideal place to have the Hilt end up would be one of the battlefields of the Mandalorian Wars (preferably something more on the Outer Rim where there isn't much space travel). That would really help in developing the ghost ship idea (what better place for a ghost ship than a battlefield that still has many derelict ships from a battle long ago?).

I love it- may I suggest- the ruins of Malachor V?!!!!

Salaris Vorn wrote:
As for time jump length I think we could have the Hilt's jump take a month or so in hyperspace (their hyperspace generator being the one that was damaged it makes sense that travel might be slower) but I think that the ships sucked in the wake (and thus no direct hyperdrive damage) should have a regular length flight (basically a few hours/days) leaving them unaware that anything is wrong until they emerge from hyperspace. At least it seems to me that the Jedi would notice something wrong if the flight took longer than its supposed to and thus remove some of the mystery/shock of time travel.

A Month for the Hilt sounds perfect to me- not too long- just long enough to make it a bad time for the survivors of Reaver's take over. (Thinks ST First Contact to a degree Wink )

As for noticing- the start charts will tell them they have gone forward in time- they charts will all be off from the real points of the stars- they all move which is part of the issue with calculating jumps in the first place Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I love the idea of one twin being older than the other! And I also agree about Malachor V. Both of those would be awesome. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote  

Quote:

Sounds good to me- I think it would work best to send Brent back with Trix and the small group of Jedi Guardians. Brent's lack of Force powers could put his attitude in Trix's camp- but being Brem's twin would leave him in Rep's camp for wanting to LEARN what happened to the ship- thus when the beacon gets set off he would want to find his brother immediately- this also would play up the time travel aspect as now one twin is DEFINATLEY older then the other! OH I love that- please say I can! Smile

Sounds excellent to me.

Quote:

I love it- may I suggest- the ruins of Malachor V?!!!!

I was hoping someone would suggest that planet. That might make for an ideal tie in with the Knights of Pain (a sub group of Sith Assassins who I recall were based on Malachor V). Even though the planet's gone now the Knights still might know a few things in the area that could help Reaver.

Quote:

A Month for the Hilt sounds perfect to me- not too long- just long enough to make it a bad time for the survivors of Reaver's take over. (Thinks ST First Contact to a degree Wink )

We're on a similar train of thought. I think that would be an excellent story to base it off of.

On that note: currently Will's spray hypo is still lost in Trix's quarters. If you wanted Reaver could find it and use it in a similar manner to the Borg toxin that turns people before they've been surgically altered. In Reaver's case perhaps he could engineer the toxin to block only the Light Side (instead of the Force entirely as it currently does). Maybe not permanently but perhaps as a highly dangerous drug that makes even the most powerful Jedi vulnerable to turning. Just a thought.

One final thing: I'm really loving all this brain storming but I'm getting somewhat concerned that we're spending more time brain storming than implementing the start of the story (Jayda's escape). It seems like we're in agreement as to the basic Sullust plot line so it might be good to get going on that.

I think in the interest of not having the RPG stall and become difficult to revive we should begin at least implementing the Sullust aspect of the story while we continue to brain storm on the other details.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:

I was hoping someone would suggest that planet. That might make for an ideal tie in with the Knights of Pain (a sub group of Sith Assassins who I recall were based on Malachor V). Even though the planet's gone now the Knights still might know a few things in the area that could help Reaver.

Perhaps a large chunk of the planet survived enough that a base was hollowed out in the asteroid like chunk?

Salaris Vorn wrote:

We're on a similar train of thought. I think that would be an excellent story to base it off of.

On that note: currently Will's spray hypo is still lost in Trix's quarters. If you wanted Reaver could find it and use it in a similar manner to the Borg toxin that turns people before they've been surgically altered. In Reaver's case perhaps he could engineer the toxin to block only the Light Side (instead of the Force entirely as it currently does). Maybe not permanently but perhaps as a highly dangerous drug that makes even the most powerful Jedi vulnerable to turning. Just a thought.

Hmm I like it- like he could use the hypo as a basis for a new formula he makes that's an aerosol? Something he puts into the atmoscrubers and everyone on the ship breathed- not enough to "Cancel" the Jedi's use of the Force- but enough to hamper their use of the Light Side- this way they still can- but are more tempted to give in since the DS obviously would be easier to use Wink

Salaris Vorn wrote:

One final thing: I'm really loving all this brain storming but I'm getting somewhat concerned that we're spending more time brain storming than implementing the start of the story (Jayda's escape). It seems like we're in agreement as to the basic Sullust plot line so it might be good to get going on that.

I think in the interest of not having the RPG stall and become difficult to revive we should begin at least implementing the Sullust aspect of the story while we continue to brain storm on the other details.

I agree- for Nykon he's just going to be ordering people to shuttles and stating he'll remain on the ship with Bream, so for now I don't see a huge need for a post forom his POV yet- but Reaver I could I guess- I figured most of Sullust would play out with out Nykon and Reaver- but I can still play up Reaver's getting things and gearing up for his move. I could also post Nykon's orders and feeling of misgivings.

But yes, we should keep Sullust moving. (I think part of what killed Sullust was OMB's leaving- since he was why we chose Sullust in the first place, but having Life step in when he did worked wonders for saving it- this is the best time to work up his characters and making relationships with the other characters.

So if Truger and Will want to gather on the bridge at some point we can move to Nykon ordering everyone to their positions and get the Sullust landing started and get these characters moving again- (And part of my lack of posting has been I've been so slamed- so brainstorming was easier then posting at the time.) Plus that whole I've not too much for Nykon to do at the moment. Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Perhaps a large chunk of the planet survived enough that a base was hollowed out in the asteroid like chunk?

Or we could establish that one of the derelict ships had been converted into a secret listening post/advanced base. Whatever works best in how dark/creepy we want to play it.

Quote:

I agree- for Nykon he's just going to be ordering people to shuttles and stating he'll remain on the ship with Bream, so for now I don't see a huge need for a post forom his POV yet- but Reaver I could I guess- I figured most of Sullust would play out with out Nykon and Reaver- but I can still play up Reaver's getting things and gearing up for his move. I could also post Nykon's orders and feeling of misgivings.

Well currently Will and Truger are waiting for Nykon to arrive at the briefing room as established in an earlier post by you. We could potentially speed things up having the ship come out of hyperspace, have Nykon meet them in the briefing room and give them final orders and then move on to the rescue shuttle landing on Sullust.

I leave it to you to decide whether it would be easier to hold the meeting in the briefing room or reorder Will and Truger to the bridge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would like to second that the only reason I haven't been posting is due to how busy I am with school at the moment. However...! I agree that we need to move forward as soon as possible, and therefore will post as soon as I can.

Only thing I wanted to mention was @Life: I read your potential post, and I really liked the overall plot. Just one little note, though, would you mind not giving the other characters, like Jayda, so much action/dialogue? Sorry, this isn't a complaint, just a suggestion. It just makes it harder to move your own character along whe they've already had an entire scene played out for them. Wink

Again, though, I know that's in large part due to you guys waiting for me to post, and trying to move the story forward. That's my fault, and I'll try to post as soon as I can! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mnggal-Mnggal

Ummm creepy enough to find some way to use similar?

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I would like to second that the only reason I haven't been posting is due to how busy I am with school at the moment. However...! I agree that we need to move forward as soon as possible, and therefore will post as soon as I can.

Only thing I wanted to mention was @Life: I read your potential post, and I really liked the overall plot. Just one little note, though, would you mind not giving the other characters, like Jayda, so much action/dialogue? Sorry, this isn't a complaint, just a suggestion. It just makes it harder to move your own character along whe they've already had an entire scene played out for them. Wink

Again, though, I know that's in large part due to you guys waiting for me to post, and trying to move the story forward. That's my fault, and I'll try to post as soon as I can! Smile

Sure, no problem. Smile It was only a suggestion as to how they'd meet and as such subject to change. However, I am partial to the dialogue in it, so if it isn't used there I may attempt to work it in at some point!
When it's my turn to post I'll stop it at, say, when Doc walks away from Jax and the Twi'Lek and finds you in his path. That doesn't mess with Jayda too much, beyond indicating that they're about to talk. You alright with that?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Last edited by Life Is The Path on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Salaris Vorn wrote:

Hmm I like it- like he could use the hypo as a basis for a new formula he makes that's an aerosol? Something he puts into the atmoscrubers and everyone on the ship breathed- not enough to "Cancel" the Jedi's use of the Force- but enough to hamper their use of the Light Side- this way they still can- but are more tempted to give in since the DS obviously would be easier to use Wink

Salaris Vorn wrote:

But yes, we should keep Sullust moving. (I think part of what killed Sullust was OMB's leaving- since he was why we chose Sullust in the first place, but having Life step in when he did worked wonders for saving it- this is the best time to work up his characters and making relationships with the other characters.

So if Truger and Will want to gather on the bridge at some point we can move to Nykon ordering everyone to their positions and get the Sullust landing started and get these characters moving again- (And part of my lack of posting has been I've been so slamed- so brainstorming was easier then posting at the time.) Plus that whole I've not too much for Nykon to do at the moment. Wink

Rogue, Vorn, I'm liking your ideas very much, and I have nothing against any part of the plots.
And thanks, Rogue. I survive on compliments! Very Happy Wink
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

I like it. We could potentially work it that the creature has inhabited Malchor V since its destruction finding sufficient bodies/creatures to survive (depending on how you envision Reaver's power he could find a way to control the creature to help take over the Hilt or even bind with it similar to Darth Bane bonded with the orbalisk) or it could be attracted to the sudden activity there forcing Jedi and Sith to unite for survival.

Or we could use it somewhere else in a later adventure.

One potential avenue later in the RPG is that it might be an ideal way to start the second further reaching time jump. We could stumble across one of the places taken over by it (envision something along the lines of the first Alien movie and how the Alien gets onto the ship) or foolishly think Jedi are powerful enough to rid the infection from a planet/moon/starport. End result is the Hilt becomes infected by this and the key major and minor characters escape in a shuttle (panic by a survivor, zombies turning turbo lasers on us or some astronomical anomaly that would cause a time jump).

EDIT: Also sorry if I made any of you feel pressured to post and have that layered on top of getting more important work done. I know some of you weren't posting due to lots work and I totally understand that. I just wanted to make sure we didn't loose too much momentum with the RPG since keeping it alive has not always been the easiest thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

I like it. We could potentially work it that the creature has inhabited Malchor V since its destruction finding sufficient bodies/creatures to survive (depending on how you envision Reaver's power he could find a way to control the creature to help take over the Hilt or even bind with it similar to Darth Bane bonded with the orbalisk) or it could be attracted to the sudden activity there forcing Jedi and Sith to unite for survival.

I was thinking something similar- like Reaver finds a way to subdue the creatures self awarness- keeps it de evolved in a fashion. (But the beauty is that the creature itself could grown into a bigger threat to even Reaver too if he's not careful. or if the Jedi take Reaver out- they find they now have a freed Mnggal-Mnggal on their hands that's strong, angry and ready to feast and grow.....

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

One potential avenue later in the RPG is that it might be an ideal way to start the second further reaching time jump. We could stumble across one of the places taken over by it (envision something along the lines of the first Alien movie and how the Alien gets onto the ship) or foolishly think Jedi are powerful enough to rid the infection from a planet/moon/starport. End result is the Hilt becomes infected by this and the key major and minor characters escape in a shuttle (panic by a survivor, zombies turning turbo lasers on us or some astronomical anomaly that would cause a time jump).

This too could work- or even after a second Jump a part of the Mnggal-Mnggal lived and consumes the planet it figured the Hilt will arrive at after it's next jump (Not sure if that would be a good idea or not) But hey why not throw out another idea while I'm at it Wink

Salaris Vorn wrote:

EDIT: Also sorry if I made any of you feel pressured to post and have that layered on top of getting more important work done. I know some of you weren't posting due to lots work and I totally understand that. I just wanted to make sure we didn't loose too much momentum with the RPG since keeping it alive has not always been the easiest thing.

No worries Vorn Wink I'd been meaning to do that post for a while, and had the time last night- part of my delay was that I'd forgotten that Truger and Will WERE waiting for Nykon Laughing Opps. But anyway- I left it open if Truger or Will had any points or things they wanted to discuss still before moving on still.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote  

Ok I've left it open for Skuldren to either post in the RPG or here if he has a preference for staying with Nykon or being part of the rescue crew. I've also tried to leave it open so if we don't get any input we can leave a marksman slot open on the rescue crew as an unnamed Jedi who can become Truger if Skuldren decides to jump in later as part of the rescue crew.

Beyond that I thought it would be best to let you, IR2, decide what named minor characters you want to keep on the ship to help Nykon fight Reaver. Depending on how much of a plan you have for that battle I tried to leave the rescue party roster open so you can also set things up where Nykon will either have all the Jedi specialists he needs or find himself short one key personnel (for example, you could assign a heavy weapon specialist to the rescue party for the purpose of setting it up where Nykon needs one more heavy weapons guy to keep the zombies at bay). If you don't have any specific plan as to the fight with Reaver go ahead and randomly select what specializations Nykon will assign to the rescue team.

I don't think we really need to create new named minor characters to help round out the rescue squad at this time so all that really needs to be decided is what specialists are going with Will.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote  

Ok I just sent Skuldren a PM to find out which group he wants Truger to be with so we can have a better idea of the major character distribution for the up coming events. Just FYI.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote  

Ok I've been somewhat wondering this Life is your character Jax's looks based off of your avatar here? I can't help but notice the similarity in the green parts of the tunic and yellow lightsaber of your avatar and similar features to Jax's appearance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 29 of 37