(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Salaris Vorn wrote:

Alright sounds like a plan. Let me know what Mara says, I'll base the speed of events for the squad (arriving at the shuttle etc.) on the pace you guys set. Razz

Sure thing, Vorn. Here's what Mara says: @Life: This next post will lead directly into whatever you would like to have your company do before they meet Jayda. Either I'll probably end it with Jayda having just noticed them, or is keeping her eye on them, or something of the sort.

Well, you did ask... Rolling Eyes Wink

Okay, I'm just about to write a mini story, where, as you say, they run into a few scouts, get a bit of intel or something, then retire to a bar. (I'll write that it's set a couple of hours before). That story I'll do in two posts. Now, after that, I'm not sure how things will go. It could be that I may have to include the bar entrance in the second post (suitably divided so as to show the difference, of course), as the adjoining part to Mara's already written post, carry it on past that point a little...? Mara?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Had a free half hour so I decided to do a quick sketch of those Recruits - you know, the ones I had the dynamic duo fight in the last post.

Sorry about the quality. I know it's not good, but I didn't have much time. What do you think? Yes or no?

The insignia on his right breast is not the one Vorn describes, just something I made up on the spot. Though, in universe, I suppose it could denote their role as recruits?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And got bored again:

Was that how you wanted the insignia, Vorn?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote  

Life Is The Path wrote:
And got bored again:

Was that how you wanted the insignia, Vorn?

Its a start, I was actually thinking a pointed shield (similar to many military unit patches see below) But a circular shield would also work.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

A lightning bolt goes along the bottom of each side (so 1 lightning bolt per side) with the tips of the lightning bolt converging at the point at the bottom of the shield (rather than the lightning bolts being in the center of the shield). The starscape makes up the main body of the shield with the stars forming the subtle image of a human skull.

As for the recruits I like your idea of them having different patches. This could really work in a military style rank patch system (only full Knights get to wear the main patch, others have special patches based on their progression). Now all we need are suitably violent/bloody names for the lower ranks.

EDIT: your current patch idea would work nicely as one of the rank patches. It could be a grade above the "bloody hand" patch rank but below the full Knight patch rank.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Aw, Salaris, how can I say no to that face?!

Such dastardly tactics. You should be ashamed. Wink

*points to self innocently in Han Soloesque way*

Life Is The Path wrote:
Sure thing, Vorn. Here's what Mara says: @Life: This next post will lead directly into whatever you would like to have your company do before they meet Jayda. Either I'll probably end it with Jayda having just noticed them, or is keeping her eye on them, or something of the sort.

Well, you did ask... Rolling Eyes Wink

Laugh it up fuzzball Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What is the Fist full of Credits? A Cantina? Or did I miss a post? Truger says to WIll "A reenactment of Fist full of Credits" but when were they in the bar?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
What is the Fist full of Credits? A Cantina? Or did I miss a post? Truger says to WIll "A reenactment of Fist full of Credits" but when were they in the bar?

Well I was making a joke on Clint Eastwood's movie "A fist full of dollars" so in my post I used it as a reference to a Star Wars holodrama of a similar name/theme. Mara apparently liked the idea and adopted the name for her Cantina.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Well I was making a joke on Clint Eastwood's movie "A fist full of dollars" so in my post I used it as a reference to a Star Wars holodrama of a similar name/theme. Mara apparently liked the idea and adopted the name for her Cantina.

Ahh! See that's what I had thought about your post at first, then Mara's next post references to an actual place which made me think it was referencing an earlier adventure of Will and Truger's that I'd missed or was misplaced and then got confused. Thus my seeking a quick clarification, so as not to get lost in thought! Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote  

Ok something I realized I need to work out before Will and the squad reach Jayda's shuttle. If I recall correctly it was locked and also boobytrapped. The squad brought along a pilot to take the shuttle back. Now this brings up several possibilities:

1) they successfully unlock the ship and take it back to the Hilt, possibly alerting Jayda

2) they are unsuccessful in unlocking the ship and leave it to go look for Jayda

3) they unlock the ship but fail to disarm the boobytrap resulting in the pilot being killed when attempting to take off also possibly alerting Jayda

I'm fine with any of those paths, its a matter of how you (Mara) want to play it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Ok something I realized I need to work out before Will and the squad reach Jayda's shuttle. If I recall correctly it was locked and also boobytrapped. The squad brought along a pilot to take the shuttle back. Now this brings up several possibilities:

1) they successfully unlock the ship and take it back to the Hilt, possibly alerting Jayda

2) they are unsuccessful in unlocking the ship and leave it to go look for Jayda

3) they unlock the ship but fail to disarm the boobytrap resulting in the pilot being killed when attempting to take off also possibly alerting Jayda

I'm fine with any of those paths, its a matter of how you (Mara) want to play it.

I'm for one or two, I don't know why, but I feel salvaging the ship is essential- perhaps it's this that Reaver uses to get to his library from the jump- uses telemetric info from Modero's time in the ship.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Like this?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:43 am Reply with quote  

Life Is The Path wrote:
Like this?

Yes that's perfect. Smile

Looking at your first version and this also gave me an idea for the meaning of the patch symbolism rank wise: the bloody hand patch represents a recruit's lack of knowledge in inflicting pain beyond the brutal hands on methods of common thugs; with the gaining of knowledge in the Dark Side, represented by the stars, a recruit gains the ability to strike pain from afar, represented by the lightning bolt; Knighthood is represented by their ability to mold the Force into a brutal tool of death, represented by the star skull, but their abilities to kill is a minor compared to their mastery of causing massive levels of pain at a distance, represented by the lightning bolts which are larger and more prominent than the skull.

What do you think?

EDIT: Also I liked the Sherlock Holmes style deduction by Doc in your last post. Very nice touch.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Glad you like it Smile

Vorn, I love that reasoning! It's a very good idea, with a definitive evolution and rank system, and I approve heartily! Permit me to expand upon this? In the first picture - of the armour - on the left breast are four marks. How about we make that into a sort of progression counter? Like in martial arts, you have white bands on your belt; in the cult, the marks represent a number of acts of skills you've succeeded at?

And I'm glad you liked it! Currently reading Holmes, and thought I'd slip it in. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  

Life Is The Path wrote:
In the first picture - of the armour - on the left breast are four marks. How about we make that into a sort of progression counter? Like in martial arts, you have white bands on your belt; in the cult, the marks represent a number of acts of skills you've succeeded at?

Oh I like that! I could definitely see that as having great potential. Perhaps in the context of the Knights of Pain the "acts of skill" refer to the brutality of a kill? If a kill is especially brutal/slow (and very painful) the individual gets rewarded with a hash mark.

Don't know if you like this but we could also introduce "marks of shame" for kills that were quick/merciful. Get too many marks of shame and then an individual seeking a fast promotion or significant prestige can have a shot at executing the shamed individual. Success results in instant promotion regardless of whether they have enough hash marks (or significant prestige if maximum rank has been achieved), failure to go above and beyond cruelty results in a mark of shame for failing to be capable of executing a person of such low standing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:

Ah, this is spot on, Salaris! I thought the nod to A Fistful of Dollars was quite clever (and amusing), and I needed a name for the Cantina. So that's what I chose. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 32 of 37