(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote  

Looks like Old Republic is in the lead. Hypothetically, lets say we are a team of Jedi during this period. What kind of mission would we want to go on? Maybe a trip into the unknown regions for a hint at what happened to Revan?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The problem with that, as cool as it is, is that what happens to Revan may become canon someday, making our little RPG useless. Sad I like the idea of going into the unknown though...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:55 am Reply with quote  

Perhaps we could be a band of explores, possibly in a similar vein of Outbound Flight (minus the tyrannical Jedi Master). That would leave people to create either a Jedi character or non-Force using character and also leave the story line open so we can go off on any tangent with each mission not necessarily having to be related to the previous one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm liking that idea. It gives everyone plenty of options.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote  

Sounds good. Outbound Flight "Old Republic Style." Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, yep. Sounds good to me. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sweet.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 am Reply with quote  

Ok, so now we all need characters. I say we do this somewhat informally and just kind of summarize them here.

I'll start things off...

Name: Truger Hollandro
Class: Jedi Knight
Weapons: Green Lightsaber, blaster, throwing knife
Appearance: Human with short brown hair, brown eyes, mustache, 5'10", wears 'Han Solo' type clothing (ie. shirt, vest, boots).
Other: Truger was born on Dantooine and was trained at the rebuilt Jedi Academy there. He developed an affinity for marksmanship and enjoys bullseyeing targets with either his blaster or his throwing knife. Because of this, his lightsaber skills have taken a back seat. He is a practitioner of Niman. He has been on a few of missions, and is always eager for adventure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Jayda Kha'dar
Weapons: Dual sabers: Blue and purple; twin blasters; assorted demolitions
Appearance: Dark brown hair; green eyes; wears black and red armor reminiscent of a Mandalorian, minus the helmet; 5'6''; short hair (see Keira Knightley in Domino Wink); wrapped tatoo from right hand up to elbow
Other: Jayda was born on Corellia, but was taken from her family at 5 years old. Despite this, she never lost her inherited affinity for electronics, be they computers, demolitions, or ships. Her Jedi Master, Adam Kirith, watched Jayda from the moment she was brought to the Temple, and sought to further develop her talent for the three things she was best at. As a result, she is an excellent security and demolitions expert, as well as a pilot to be reckoned with. Her regular Jedi studies were always somewhat of a bore to her, saving for anything to do with telekinesis or lightsaber dueling. While her Force skills are still rather lacking in many areas, she is a very competent Jedi Knight when it comes to manipulating objects (including machines) and lightsaber dueling. Her other slicing, demolition, and piloting skills aid her greatly in her missions, compensating for her wavering Force abilities. In a rebellious move at the age of 15, Jayda acquired her tatoo and Mandalorian armor. The Council allowed the tatoo and the armor, but refused to let her wear a helmet. She reluctantly, though defiantly, keeps it in her room or on her current ship. While Jayda is a competent Jedi Knight in every way, and has easily made her advancement to Knighthood, it may be awhile yet before she becomes a Master. The Council disapproves of her free spirit and reliance on things such as slicing and explosives. Only her Master was able to save her skills in those areas. But Jayda is quite content as a Knight, and is making no plans to change her behavior anytime soon. Smile

Sorry for being so long...but I had to get it all in there! I'm kind of excited about playing. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Last edited by Mara Jade Skywalker on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooh, we're doing this already.
*runs off to make character*

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Name: Reptrio Gordon (Rep as a nickname)
Class: Jedi Master
Weapons: Blue Lightsaber
Appearance: Light-skinned human with short, graying brown hair, graying brown stubble, brown eyes, 6'1". Wears the traditional Jedi robes (yes, like Obi-Wan Kenobi).
Other: More of Rep's history will likely come out in the RPG. Rep was born on Coruscant. As a Jedi Master, Rep has plenty of experience, and was once well known for his deadly lightsaber combat. However, due to unknown reasons (to you guys Wink ), Rep has recently done all in his power to avoid physical confrontations. Though he can be quite persuasive with his words and the Force alone, many people question his sudden lack of fighting spirit. However, there are few in the galaxy who would still, even now, bet against Rep Gordon in a fight. Though he is known for his combat, he is very calm in and out of a fight. His strong connection to the Force was frowned upon in his early years, simply because he would often ignore this gift and make reckless choices. He has since grown wise, and will always use the Force to make a decision. Rep has had two apprentices, but does not currently have one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote  

Name: Will Kelvar

Weapons: One regular length lightsaber with a silver-blue blade, a short lightsaber with an amber blade, and an all black combat knife with a non-reflective surface.

Appearance: 5’ 11” short light brown hair, blue eyes, goatee. Wears dark grey Echani fiber armor.

Other: Will Kelvar’s family ran a freighting business. As a result of the Jedi Civil War they found ready employment with the Republic military hiring out their freighter fleet and using their business connections to supply Republic garrisons with commodities unavailable through military channels. Will was born on board one of the family freighters during a supply run to one of these garrisons. As a result there is no planet he definitively calls home although both his parents came from Kuat. Three years later when his parents were delivering supplies to the Telos garrison they ran into a group of Jedi Masters who were negotiating to set up a small Jedi enclave on the surface. This group of Jedi Masters determined he was Force sensitive and took him away for training. At age eight he returned once again to Telos, this time as a Jedi Apprentice and as one of the first groups of students to train at the Telos Jedi enclave. It was here he discovered his natural gift for stealth, making many expeditions into the dens of the local predator wildlife. At age 13 he became the Padawan of Master Fa’vill Lorwen who was the head of the Jedi commandos that were formed in reaction to the Sith Assassins. They were trained to work both independently and alongside the regular commandos of the Republic military. As part of his training he became skilled in slicing and reconnaissance but is most skilled in a range of stealth oriented Force techniques, including Force Cloak, and perception enhancing techniques.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Name: Lorn Ventor

Weapon: Dark blue lightsaber

Appearance: 6'6" A well built Chagrian with light blue skin. Wears dark brown Jedi robes.

Other: Lorn Ventor grew up like any other Jedi. He was taken by the Jedi as an infant and trained under a master until he reached Knighthood. He is now an experienced Jedi Knight who is anxiously awaiting his promotion to Jedi Master. Ventor has the characteristics of someone twice his age: moodiness and a suspicion of droids and most technology.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote  

Alright I think that is everyone. The characters look great so why don't we figure out how we want to get the RPG off the ground. Perhaps it would be good to start the RPG right before the launch of our "Outbound Flight" and do character intros and then jump ahead a month to the first planet we explore (my vote would be Yavin IV or Korriban so we can start off with an already established planet but also have a hint of danger and the Dark Side). Perhaps in honor of Outbound Flight our flight should be two or three ships joined together in a similar fashion to Outbound Flights? I suggest we use one of these two ships as they are established as part of the Republic Navy in KOTOR: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Foray-class_blockade_runner
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammerhead-class_capital_ship

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, so the first thing we need to decide is a ship, or ships. After that, I would ask the question of how many people are going on this, and is the majority Jedi, questions about non-player characters. But, my vote is for one ship instead of a few, and I'd have to go with http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Foray-class_blockade_runner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 6 of 37