(Jedi Expedition) Character Posting/Approval Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

May I suggest then that we round it to at least a day if.not two down there. Maybe even.send a team to sabotage the.rescue shuttle when the group realizes they are leaving it behind.

seeing as we never established time I see no reason why not to round it to at least a day. I think at the time we were trying to move more quickly so the group could reunite and/or have our time warp.

Quote:
Another thing- Modero what is going to happen there? He disappears quietly amd we focus on finding Reaver?

I believe that is correct, OMB was basically writing himself out of the story. we could perhaps make references to suspected events caused by him I suppose but yes we'll be focusing on Reaver.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote  

Something I was thinking of: earlier one of our plans was to have a Mnggal-Mnggal outbreak on the Hilt after our hyperspace jump/time warp. I was thinking rather than Mnggal-Mnggal what about an outbreak of the disaease that later gets weaponized into Blackwing?

We could introduce the disease to the ship by having the XS carrying vats of the stuff in smuggling cargo holds (to explain why the Knights want the ship back so badly, such a horrific disease might prove very appealing to Sith that worship pain). When we discover the hidden cargo it gets sent to the med bay for examination at which point we have a containment breach (perhaps orchastrated by Lord Reaver who recognizes what it is).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quote  

Zombies Laughing

Our crew would get a lot smaller.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote  

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Zombies Laughing

Our crew would get a lot smaller.

Well since our ship gets damaged in order to cause the time warp we could put in for repairs at a ship yard on some Outter Rim/Wild Space planet...which then has the misfortune of a blackwing epidemic shortly after our arrival. We'd be able to preserve a good portion of the crew while giving Lord Reaver no shortage of boddies to zombify.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote  

So I know our RPG kinda flatlined (again) and I was thinking how we might be able to write ourselves out of the dilemma with the Knights of Pain. I came up with some following possibility:

the comm officer on the Hilt could have intercepted the conversation between the rescue party and the Knight of Pain (since it was using the comm channel used by the rescue party). Graves could then lead a party of reinforcements and they are able to communicate with the rescue party that help is on the way (Mara or Life could take the rescue party to an abandoned comm facility they discovered which is how the rescue party gets in touch with Graves).

A rescue ensues which provides a reason for the Knights to launch ships to chase everyone down and ultimately cause the time warp (if Mara still wants the XS a small group including Life and Mara can get detached from the main group which forces them to use Life's knowlege of the ship he recently "borrowed" to "borrow" again to make their own escape).

Or at least something along those lines just to get us moving again by creating a scenario where everyone can be involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Something I was thinking of: earlier one of our plans was to have a Mnggal-Mnggal outbreak on the Hilt after our hyperspace jump/time warp. I was thinking rather than Mnggal-Mnggal what about an outbreak of the disaease that later gets weaponized into Blackwing?

Rumor has it they are one and the same.... wonder how we could work THAT angle into the story?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Rumor has it they are one and the same.... wonder how we could work THAT angle into the story?

Reaver is an ancient Sith Lord right? So maybe he knows the Sith Alchamey that is used to create Blackwing? Theoretically couldn't we have him come down in his host body with Graves but rather than return with them he transfers himself to a Knight of Pain?

Assuming that we want to keep the Knights as antagonists in our story they could be pulled into the time warp with us (give them a few cruisers or corvettes to provide enough enemies). Reaver could be on the main Knight's ship and infect the crew with Blackwing before directing the ship to begin targeting planets in Wild Space. Since we're supposed to be exploring we could receive a mysterious distress call and go to investigate.

Given the Knights use of pain as a weapon and to a lesser degree can have Darth Sion's ability to shrug off pain it would seem the Knights would be both ideal leaders for an army of the undead (since the pain inflicted by Blackwing would serve to make the Knights stronger) and ideal hosts of Blackwing (since they might be able to use weaker versions of Darth Sion's technique to hold Blackwing at bay for a time while using it to enhance their own abilities before eventually secumbing to the plague). Sort of like a twisted version of the B'omarr monks where in the Knights of Pain case the final step a Knight takes towards true mastery of pain is to become a plague victim themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Reaver is an ancient Sith Lord right? So maybe he knows the Sith Alchamey that is used to create Blackwing? Theoretically couldn't we have him come down in his host body with Graves but rather than return with them he transfers himself to a Knight of Pain?

Assuming that we want to keep the Knights as antagonists in our story they could be pulled into the time warp with us (give them a few cruisers or corvettes to provide enough enemies). Reaver could be on the main Knight's ship and infect the crew with Blackwing before directing the ship to begin targeting planets in Wild Space. Since we're supposed to be exploring we could receive a mysterious distress call and go to investigate.

Given the Knights use of pain as a weapon and to a lesser degree can have Darth Sion's ability to shrug off pain it would seem the Knights would be both ideal leaders for an army of the undead (since the pain inflicted by Blackwing would serve to make the Knights stronger) and ideal hosts of Blackwing (since they might be able to use weaker versions of Darth Sion's technique to hold Blackwing at bay for a time while using it to enhance their own abilities before eventually secumbing to the plague). Sort of like a twisted version of the B'omarr monks where in the Knights of Pain case the final step a Knight takes towards true mastery of pain is to become a plague victim themselves.

Yes, Reaver is WAY old, like Dawn of the Jedi era old, which could work with this;

Ditch the mgnaal Mhnaal (sp) idea- it would only work as the main enemy.

BUUUUT.... Drear....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Drear

We could tie Reaver to Drear, have Reaver work with Drear some time when Drear was perfecting what later becomes Blackwing. Around 4645 BBY he created his technique- he also seemed to have "single handedly built the secret temple under the Academy- perhaps it was Reaver who helped him? Or even showed him what to do?

This RPG is set 3802 BBY, and Red Harvest itself doesn't occur for a few more centuries- 3645 BBY, so we could tie the zombie virus of Red Harvest into this by making Reaver the source of the forumla that Drear used. Reaver could have even sabotaged Drear so Drear ended up dying as he did in Red Harvest!

Holy SITH guys! This could be it!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote  

Holy Sith indeed! I think you're on to something here! If Reaver is so old he might've also had time to figure out how to make plague victims his minions instead of becoming mindless killing machines that take orders from no one.

Perhaps we could get things rolling again so we can give this a shot?

(If we want to get rolling again I would say we should add an unofficial time rule of "everyone who hasn't yet posted what their character does has 48 hours from the most recent post to do so before someone who already posted can make another post to move the RPG forward" just to avoid stalling out because of 1 person hadn't posted yet; basically like the "how many can you name game" thread where someone else can post a question in the event that the last round's winner doesn't post a question in X amount of time)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Holy Sith indeed! I think you're on to something here! If Reaver is so old he might've also had time to figure out how to make plague victims his minions instead of becoming mindless killing machines that take orders from no one.

Perhaps we could get things rolling again so we can give this a shot?

(If we want to get rolling again I would say we should add an unofficial time rule of "everyone who hasn't yet posted what their character does has 48 hours from the most recent post to do so before someone who already posted can make another post to move the RPG forward" just to avoid stalling out because of 1 person hadn't posted yet; basically like the "how many can you name game" thread where someone else can post a question in the event that the last round's winner doesn't post a question in X amount of time)

To be truthful I can't even recall what I was doing with Graves. I know he had stayed behind, and is training Bream. lol

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote  

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

To be truthful I can't even recall what I was doing with Graves. I know he had stayed behind, and is training Bream. lol

Your last posts were on page 4 of the RPG as near as I can tell. a shuttle with Trix and Rep was launching to go back to the Temple with the mutineers and the injured Rep. Beyond that I believe Graves was just waiting to see how the rescue would play out.

You also were beginning something with Reaver, he'd gotten his hands on one of the Force inhibiting hyposprays we used to overpower Trix and he was planning to sabotage the hyperdrive.

I'm not sure where you were heading but the recent events on the planet's surface might give you the option to start up without having to worry much about what Graves was going to do since he now (along with the rest of us) has to react to the crisis caused by the Knights of Pain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 37 of 37