What is Your Favorite Star Wars Movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Maul is an incredibly skilled warrior. He's a terrible Sith because he is too loyal and gullible.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

That one where Boba Fett changed my life...
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Think we're gonna get close enough to the enemy to use that?
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: What do you think, sir?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:58 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

With Slave One and a Mandalorian son, The Empire Strikes Back

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ANH oer ESB.

AOTC maybe, because of Jango.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I was introduced to Star Wars on VHS. I then remember my uncle getting me the Star Wars SE VHS box set, I almost crapped myself. I saw the PT in the theaters. With that little bit outta the way, here is my list:

Revenge of the Sith
Pros: Darth Vader's birth, fall of the Jedi, Darth Vader v Obi-Wan, Darth Tyranus's death (I know, he is a Sith, but I couldn't stand him. I guess if I saw him in action more, that opinion would change.)
Cons: Cheesy dialogue, Yoda's nails scratching on the hovercraft thing

Empire Strikes Back
Pros: Han/Leia dialogue, Darth Vader v Luke, ICMG, Hoth battle
Cons: Lando bored the hell outta me for some reason

Return of the Jedi
Pros: Jabba's palace, skiff fight, Battle of Endor Darth Vader v Luke
Cons: Ewoks, Sith lose

A New Hope:
Pros: Mos Eisley, Han v Greedo, Darth Vader's entrance
Cons: Bloody Ponda Baba arm,

The Phantom Menace
Pros: Darth Maul, Darth Maul v Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan
Cons: Padme, podrace, Gungans, battle droids

Attack of the Clones:
Pros: Zam Wessel chase, Coruscant nightlife, Dex, arena battle, Tusken camp fight
Cons: Love scenes, Darth Tyranus, emo-Ani, Komino, Jango v Obi-Wan, I honestly don't see the hype of the Fetts. They never really did much for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

For me, it's Revenge of the Sith, though I'm sure a big part of that is what I call the "Revenge of the Sith Effect" or the "Stover Effect," since I read Stover's novelization prior to seeing the film and think I got a lot more out of it than others did, thanks to that extra context.

My rankings would be something like this, but they tend to fluctuate:

ROTS
ROTJ
ESB
ANH
AOTC
TCW
TPM

I can't wait for the Blu-Rays. Smile

And, yes, I just ranked The Clone Wars film above The Phantom Menace . . . by far.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nathan Butler wrote:

And, yes, I just ranked The Clone Wars film above The Phantom Menace . . . by far.

Wow. I think a major problem with TPM is that it didn't have a protaganist(s). All the characters felt like they were supporting characters.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Actually, with my new found love of Clone Troopers, I'm shifting it to above TPM. And, like the poster above me, I also read the RotS novel before seeing the movie.

Also, with my reading of the RC series, I have more of an interest in the Mandos, so Jango and Boba have been cleared in my eyes.

Last edited by Ruhk Orikan on Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would place TPM over AOTC personally. AotC had highs and lows, TPM was more consistent. I feel like that consistency makes it a better film.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My list:

Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Most favorite SW movie
 PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

My list:

1a . Return of the Jedi - Sacrifice and redemption! I still cry every time, when Vader says to Luke... Let me look upon you with my own eyes... Crying or Very sad

1b. Revenge of the Sith - Read the book ahead of the movie ... Best duel Obi-Wan vs. Anakin ... Openning sequence..., Obi-Wan vs. Grievous..., BAD- As Cerri said ... Sidious killing tree Jedi Masters who look like they are checking out the view from the window!!! Just ludicrous!! Mad Also... Yoda, the Most powerful Jedi, falling off ...nail scratch... the senate thingy...??? Really?? Rolling Eyes

2. A New Hope - Come on... its the original... The FORCE?? Cantina..., Obi-Wan... Smile Luke..., Death Star?

3. Empire Strikes Back - Han & Leia Wink YODA!!!! ... Luke vs. Vader duel and the revelation!

4. The Phantom Menace - Just having Qui-Gon was awesome... Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul Duel... Crying or Very sad Young sweet Anakin, Pod races... BAD: Jar-Jar

5. Attack of the Clones -- Obi-Wan vs. Jango ... Coruscant Nights... BAD-- Horrible rush to kill the Jedi at the end on Geonosis.... Jedi dying in drones! ughhh... hate that part! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

6. TCW - The attack on the monestary..., Ahsoka! , Obi-Wan vs. Assaj Ventress duel...

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

BAD-- Horrible rush to kill the Jedi at the end on Geonosis.... Jedi dying in drones! ughhh... hate that part!

I actually really liked that part. In the run up to the movie I used to get these newspaper magazines, and in so many there were pictures of that ring of Jedi (And Padme. Mustn't forget her, for she might just flay me!) and one picture, in particular, caught my eye: that of Obi-Wan deflecting those bolts right before noticing the Acklay behind him. That whole part was so very evocative for me, it made the beginning of the movie (which I liked, just not as much as that scene) worth it for me.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Life Is The Path wrote:
(And Padme. Mustn't forget her, for she might just flay me!)

I got my eye on you, Life. Wink

I'm rather shocked than some of you are ranking the TCW film above any of the live action movies. I've grown to like the show, but I still feel the movie was pretty awful. Too each their own.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

*Puts on smart clothes and strikes a pose* Well, if you're going to be watching me, I might as well look fancy Laughing Cool

But I'm with you on the TCW movie. It has its memorable moments - in fact, I can remember almost all of the movie - but nothing that gets me excited just at the memory of it. All the other films do.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really have a favorite SW movies but have a "current favorite." But generally I think the only thing I am consistent about is that I think Attack of the Clones is the worst of the six, because it has the weaknesses of The Empire Strikes Back but none of the strengths, and it tries really hard to be The Empire Strikes Back.

Other than that, I honestly rank all the other five equally... when I was young Return of the Jedi was my favorite.

I prefer not to think of the Clone Wars movie as a movie. It was written to be four separate episodes of the TV show and combined after the fact to make a movie, and it shows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 10 of 17